New Atheism

God, the FSM, and everything else.
digress
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: doomer

Re: New Atheism

Postby digress » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:39 am

s13ep wrote:I explained how I could not explain my metaphors, they're ineffable...

I'll explain your metaphor.

[metaphor]
Swirling colours exist; beautiful, intense colours. And yet, there are some, of the dry, dull persuasion, who oppose them. They take the intensity, and seek to acidify it, make it poisonous. Make anyone who embraces those colours—SHUN them, far away.

But with strength, we can restore the neutrality, the amenability; we can know and appreciate these colours. They shall fill us with strength, and allow us to soar, in a wicked, perilous flight, above all the old and dried-up cursed souls.

And above all, there will be a greater neutrality; a greater adhesion to the harmonious colour-wheel. A higher order that won't so easily slip into imbalance; one which will require even the dullards to evolve. When they do evolve, however, it is indeed a sign that progress is being made.

Through contrast and conflict with the bad, the good and the free and the colourful find growth, becoming higher and stronger and ever more prosperous. It's a prophecy for all the colours of the world.
[/metaphor]

[explanation]
A belief beheld is a beautiful pallet of colors. And disbelief is the nullification of such colors seen by the beholder.
Remaining strong to a belief in the face of analysis reinforces those colors making them even more vibrant.
In doing so you will have evolved into a higher order of believer portraying a harmony of color for others to follow.
By never changing you grow to become more prosperous (referencing people following you and being eggheadedly strong)
[/explanation]

s13ep, I've explained your ineffable expression! Which means you now answer to me. Behold, I, your New Lord, digress!

Spoiler:
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:43 am

Yeah.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

digress
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: doomer

Postby digress » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Yeah.
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”