"Does god exist" debate

God, the FSM, and everything else.
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Re: "Does god exist" debate

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:42 pm

speedyj1992 wrote:We all have our different stories and wrestle with God differently. This is mine, and I hope it helps you understand your own struggle just a little bit better.
1. I never wrestle with god, as I'm certain he'd cheat. :mrgreen:
2. I'm not struggling, as I have absolutely no interest in becoming religious.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Monster » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:36 pm

speedyj1992 wrote:We all have our different stories and wrestle with God differently. This is mine, and I hope it helps you understand your own struggle just a little bit better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVfGlty ... e=youtu.be

I listened to your video. Are you trying to convert a bunch of atheists to Christianity? Seems so. To be honest, I don't think it's going to work.

I really doubt that the atheists on this site struggle or wrestle with your God.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:59 pm

I don't struggle with my anti-theism AT ALL...........and I resent the implication that I do. Leprechauns and evil spirits don't bother me either. Its crooked politicians I can't stand. Any videos on that?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:55 am

I strictly follow Pascal's wager by not believing in any Gods - that way, no actual God can call me a worshipper of false idols.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”