True Love

God, the FSM, and everything else.
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Re: True Love

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:35 am

Ah, Johan - now I see where you're coming from. Evidence by declaration. Wishful thinking. Unquestioning belief.
That, of course, is your prerogative. But I'm afraid that I have neither time nor patience to discuss fairy tales with a dogmatist.
Bye bye.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Johan wrote:
Gord wrote:
Johan wrote:
Gord wrote:
Johan wrote:
Gord wrote:
Johan wrote:
Gord wrote:
Johan wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Dodges noted.

Who dodged now?

You. It was definitely you.

You seems excited. Good. Feelings can be shared. So share it. How did it happen?

Your estimation of my emotional state is inaccurate. I feel bored. I get bored when people make claims but can't support them.

No problem. Let us get to it. Which claim do you want evidence for?

Let's start with the topic title: True love.

No problem I truly Love you.

No you don't.

Well, should you not have asked for evidence before judging me as a "liar"?

Nope.

And secondly. Why do I not Love you?

You don't even know me.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Gord wrote: You don't even know me.

Thats the best kind.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Lance Kennedy
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:55 pm

As I pointed out to you before Johan, there are two different gods. The first is the evil, vindictive, nasty old testament god. The new testament god is somewhat better, but still tolerated slavery and other ills.

For the first one, look no further than 2 Kings, 2 :23 to 25, where some kids, being kids, teased the prophet Elisha about being bald. God sent a bear to tear them to shreds. Not exactly a nice god!

Of course, this is all bull-shit because there is no god. Religions are invented by humans, and reflect tha values of the human society they originate in. The Old Testament religion was invented by a society of bronze age goat herders, and their values were somewhat nasty by todays standards, and their deity reflects this. The New Testament religion was invented during a time of occupation by Romans, and reflected the behaviour needed to survive in that situation. If you read the teachings of Yeshua ben Yosef in this light, it makes sense. Islam was invented in a time and place that was tribal and xenophobic, with different tribes fighting each other, and reflects that situation, including the teachings about killing those who disagree with you.
Last edited by Lance Kennedy on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Lance!!!!!!!!!! You obviously don't understand, have faith in, God's unending and eternal love for us all. You are just a heathen. Sad you won't accept his love for us. (sarc/off)
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:For the first one, look no further than 2 Kings, 2 :23 to 25, where some kids, being kids, teased the prophet Elisha about being bald. God sent a bear to tear them to shreds.

2 Kings 2:23-24 King James Version
"23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head."

"24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them
."

Amazing. I didn't know this one. Bethel was located in the modern West bank. I didn't know they had bears there, so I looked it up. Indeed, the Syrian Brown bear used to be in the middle east back then. Amazing!

Syrian brown bear
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_brown_bear
"The Syrian brown bear is the bear mentioned in the Bible. The protectiveness of a mother bear towards her cubs is cited proverbially three times (2 Sam. 17:8; Prov. 17:12; Hos. 13:8)"

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:49 pm

Forum's closed.
Johan convinced everyone.
Everyone log off.

everyone wait a couple days until Johan goes away, then we'll come back. He'll never know. Heehee
{!#%@} trump!

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 pm

I don't think Johan is coming back. The only thing Johan has convinced us of, is that Johan hasn't read the Bible.

Here is the Skeptic's Annotated Bible, that details all the conflicting stories, stories about violence, incest and other horrible things that Christians don't know about.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:28 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:2 Kings 2:23-24 King James Version
"23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head."

"24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them
."

Forty two of them. Two bears. Forty two children were killed by two bears. Forty two children who don't know how to run away from two bears. I mean, I could see maybe a dozen kids being mauled by two bears, but forty two? What, were they all trapped on a school bus with these bears?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:58 am

Gord wrote: Forty two of them. Two bears. Forty two children were killed by two bears. Forty two children who don't know how to run away from two bears. .....

That's why we have science experiments. If you supply the forty two children, I will supply the two bears. We'll do it in Major Malfunction's front garden. Let's see what happens.

(Perhaps the children were limbless beggars. It was 2000 year ago.)

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:16 am

They were Super Jesus Bears. Each one had the strength of 8 grizzly bears. They are thought to have gone extinct but there is evidence that their droppings have been mistaken for yeti {!#%@}.
{!#%@} trump!

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:21 am

Maybe there was a crowd of thousands, and the bears were driving trucks.

You don't know god's will!
#ANDAMOVIE

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Maybe the bears were driving vans, and invited the kiddies to come inside to see the kittens.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Perhaps they were armed. I believe its a person's right to ARM BEARS, for self defense.

Lance Kennedy
True Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:39 pm

http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=21

The above is a reference showing a range of evil deeds done by god.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:45 pm

Lance: thanks for the link.............but I do wonder: "Is it fair to even reference the Old Testament ..................except for the good parts???? (Ha, ha......sarcasm fully on...as there is no other way).

More scathing is to critique God using the NEW Testament. Things like Jebus saying everything in the Old Testament is still correct? Ha, ha..............god had one chance to follow his own teachings and BLEW IT. There are telling other concepts like the nature of belief and the quality of faith required====>really dehumanizing. Jebus saying give up your family and so forth.

note: everything I know about the Bible is from bubble gum wrappers.

Lance Kennedy
True Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:56 pm

I believe that how good any religion is comes from the society and people it spriongs from. The Old Testament sprang from seriously barbaric, uncivilised, bronze age goat herders, and it shows. The New Testament comes from people who had been a bit more civilised, and the teachings are better, but still not up to modern ethical standards. Mormonism came from a swindler, and its teachings (like polygamy) are contaminated. Islam came from another swindler, and the teachings are ditto. Scientology came from a science fiction writer who was also a swindler, and its teachings are designed to gouge money out of its followers, and use a mythology that is pure science fiction. Spiritualism came from a group of women swindlers, and its teachings are just plain silly.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:00 am

So.........you approve of Buddhism, Shintoism, Confucianism, Omphaloskepsis, and the Spaghetti Monster?????

.................me too. Right after Beer.

Lance Kennedy
True Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:25 am

Well, maybe the flying spaghetti monster.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:37 am

I`m sort of partial to animism... especially puppies, kittens, calves - even trees, stones, flowers and bees. They are pleasing to observe, make few demands, eventually are no longer in view, and nobody tells me what I should or shouldn`t think about them.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Poodle wrote:Ah, Johan - now I see where you're coming from. Evidence by declaration. Wishful thinking. Unquestioning belief.
That, of course, is your prerogative. But I'm afraid that I have neither time nor patience to discuss fairy tales with a dogmatist.
Bye bye.

You running now. After I provided evidence that I am actually living what I am speaking about.

I am actually the God you are looking for.

No problem. But do not say there was no evidence.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Gord wrote:
Johan wrote:
Gord wrote:
Johan wrote:
Gord wrote:
Johan wrote:
Gord wrote:
Johan wrote:
Gord wrote:
Johan wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Dodges noted.

Who dodged now?

You. It was definitely you.

You seems excited. Good. Feelings can be shared. So share it. How did it happen?

Your estimation of my emotional state is inaccurate. I feel bored. I get bored when people make claims but can't support them.

No problem. Let us get to it. Which claim do you want evidence for?

Let's start with the topic title: True love.

No problem I truly Love you.

No you don't.

Well, should you not have asked for evidence before judging me as a "liar"?

Nope.

And secondly. Why do I not Love you?

You don't even know me.

Well out of the evidence I gave you you saw that I am not a human being but actually a Godly being.
That means that My Love comes from God. That means that I Love all because of His Love that is in my for all.
And Him being a Father and me being a Mother means I have to love my Kids.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:34 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Gord wrote: You don't even know me.

Thats the best kind.

Amen. That is the God's Kind.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:As I pointed out to you before Johan, there are two different gods. The first is the evil, vindictive, nasty old testament god. The new testament god is somewhat better, but still tolerated slavery and other ills.

For the first one, look no further than 2 Kings, 2 :23 to 25, where some kids, being kids, teased the prophet Elisha about being bald. God sent a bear to tear them to shreds. Not exactly a nice god!

I agree. The way you see it, it is a "nasty" God. But that off course is not the way I see it. To me that is just the way reality is. When you "tease" those that show you the right way you will be "eaten by a bear".

Lance Kennedy wrote:Of course, this is all bull-shit because there is no god. Religions are invented by humans, and reflect tha values of the human society they originate in. The Old Testament religion was invented by a society of bronze age goat herders, and their values were somewhat nasty by todays standards, and their deity reflects this. The New Testament religion was invented during a time of occupation by Romans, and reflected the behaviour needed to survive in that situation. If you read the teachings of Yeshua ben Yosef in this light, it makes sense. Islam was invented in a time and place that was tribal and xenophobic, with different tribes fighting each other, and reflects that situation, including the teachings about killing those who disagree with you.

Nope it is not "bull-shit" because God was getting ready to lead us into true salvation which is redemption from the problems of man. God gives us the best there is by giving us His Life to Live. To say it short and sweet. He made us God's too. So being One I actually know that Godly Life is Superior to Human Life.

Differences in Faith is just God's Children growing up and having different opinions as much of human ignorance is still part of them.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:33 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Lance!!!!!!!!!! You obviously don't understand, have faith in, God's unending and eternal love for us all. You are just a heathen. Sad you won't accept his love for us. (sarc/off)

Well actually after the links I gave you it is now evident that it gets closer to you now. As I am one too it is more serious in nature. You also do not accept my Love for you.

And now Grace is coming into the picture. This is a Divine Characteristic of God which humans do not possess. That is the ability to Love those that do not Love you.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Aztexan wrote:Forum's closed.
Johan convinced everyone.
Everyone log off.

everyone wait a couple days until Johan goes away, then we'll come back. He'll never know. Heehee

Nope. You will never be satisfied with that "cheating". That is another "bear" that is going to feed on you again.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:I don't think Johan is coming back. The only thing Johan has convinced us of, is that Johan hasn't read the Bible.

Here is the Skeptic's Annotated Bible, that details all the conflicting stories, stories about violence, incest and other horrible things that Christians don't know about.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Actually there is still a lot ahead.

After you got my links and "read" them you will know that I am actually also a God . . . .by evidence. So me being here now the most important thing that has to be eaten now is my Love for you.

And me being now your Mom.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:2 Kings 2:23-24 King James Version

."

Forty two of them. Two bears. Forty two children were killed by two bears. Forty two children who don't know how to run away from two bears. I mean, I could see maybe a dozen kids being mauled by two bears, but forty two? What, were they all trapped on a school bus with these bears?

Yep. Something does not add up. What do you think?

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Gord wrote:Maybe there was a crowd of thousands, and the bears were driving trucks.

You don't know god's will!

Don't worry. Since Mom is here now she will show the way.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=21

The above is a reference showing a range of evil deeds done by god.

Don't worry Mom is here to put everything in perspective.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:55 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Lance: thanks for the link.............but I do wonder: "Is it fair to even reference the Old Testament ..................except for the good parts???? (Ha, ha......sarcasm fully on...as there is no other way).

More scathing is to critique God using the NEW Testament. Things like Jebus saying everything in the Old Testament is still correct? Ha, ha..............god had one chance to follow his own teachings and BLEW IT. There are telling other concepts like the nature of belief and the quality of faith required====>really dehumanizing. Jebus saying give up your family and so forth.

note: everything I know about the Bible is from bubble gum wrappers.

Actually everything is getting now into Reality with me being a God too. So it is about me too. Me and my Husband.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:I believe that how good any religion is comes from the society and people it spriongs from. The Old Testament sprang from seriously barbaric, uncivilised, bronze age goat herders, and it shows. The New Testament comes from people who had been a bit more civilised, and the teachings are better, but still not up to modern ethical standards. Mormonism came from a swindler, and its teachings (like polygamy) are contaminated. Islam came from another swindler, and the teachings are ditto. Scientology came from a science fiction writer who was also a swindler, and its teachings are designed to gouge money out of its followers, and use a mythology that is pure science fiction. Spiritualism came from a group of women swindlers, and its teachings are just plain silly.

Remember I gave some links that proof that I am a God too. And in fact I am His Wife. So you can leave that uninteresting discussions of yours for something more interesting. Reality.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:00 pm

There is a term for what you are displaying, Johan. It's paranoia.
It's also blasphemy in any branch of christianity I know of. Are you sure you want to go ahead with your claims, given the demonstrable vengeful nature of your deity?

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:Well, maybe the flying spaghetti monster.

Just bring everything. I will help you sort all the nonsense from the real.

Johan
Poster

Postby Johan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:02 pm

TJrandom wrote:I`m sort of partial to animism... especially puppies, kittens, calves - even trees, stones, flowers and bees. They are pleasing to observe, make few demands, eventually are no longer in view, and nobody tells me what I should or shouldn`t think about them.

But now you should leave the imaginary things because Reality is here.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Puppies are real - you are not.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:04 pm

Johan wrote:
Lance Kennedy wrote:Well, maybe the flying spaghetti monster.

Just bring everything. I will help you sort all the nonsense from the real.

I'll do ONE LEAPFROG and point out that reality is NOT what YOU can see, but rather what you can see that other people can too. The second part is where the religious and true believers of all stripes stumble.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:26 pm

So Johan is now god's wife?
Be honest. He has a small dick, doesn't he? It would explain a lot.
{!#%@} trump!

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:I don't think Johan is coming back. The only thing Johan has convinced us of, is that Johan hasn't read the Bible.
Johan wrote:Actually there is still a lot ahead.
Nope. We are informing you what the Bible says, as you don't have a clue what's actually in it. :lol:
Johan wrote:After you got my links and "read" them you will know that I am actually also a God
Nope. You are just another uneducated religious troll seeking attention from skeptics, because you can't stand religious forums and people like yourself. :D
Johan wrote:Remember I gave some links that proof that I am a God too.
Nope. You simply showed us that you never read the Bible and can't be bothered reading it. :lol:

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:32 pm

I can provide links to "prove" I am a Nobel laureate.
{!#%@} trump!

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”