The New Intelligent Design, Turning The Scientific World

Share your thoughts on the written word.
Winfield
Poster

Re: The New Intelligent Design, Turning The Scientific World

Postby Winfield » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:46 pm

Poodle wrote:
octopus1 wrote:Children don't exist - Principle of Differential Atavism

You write it, I'll sell it :lol:

Is that an offer, or would you be looking for crowd funding?
Lol!!

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Winfield wrote:I'm still right!

Naturally.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:57 pm

Winfield wrote:I knew that it was a guideline. It was a guideline to "guide", not to "confuse"! When you guide, you don't confuse people, you lead them to the right way. It so obvious! lol!!

Ah. I see. So, the simplest explanation of your new theory of Intelligent Design is that you are a god-botherer with an agenda, rather than a scientist pushing at the frontiers of knowledge.

Thanks, Edgar - everything looks so much clearer now.

Winfield
Poster

Postby Winfield » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Poodle wrote:
Winfield wrote:I knew that it was a guideline. It was a guideline to "guide", not to "confuse"! When you guide, you don't confuse people, you lead them to the right way. It so obvious! lol!!

Ah. I see. So, the simplest explanation of your new theory of Intelligent Design is that you are a god-botherer with an agenda, rather than a scientist pushing at the frontiers of knowledge.

The implication maybe, yes, since we have "nature" in our disposal.

And that is not a big problem since we are using science to know/understand nature, even to the point of knowing the "origin" and "originator" of nature. Why? Since when we classify nature, (for example, pseudo vs real), we are denoting "origin", and if origin, it must have originator.

But there it must be done in naturalistic science. That is the beauty of science. I don't know if you feel the same.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Winfield wrote:
Poodle wrote:

The implication maybe, yes, since we have "nature" in our disposal.

And that is not a big problem since we are using science to know/understand nature, even to the point of knowing the "origin" and "originator" of nature. Why? Since when we classify nature, (for example, pseudo vs real), we are denoting "origin", and if origin, it must have originator.

But there it must be done in naturalistic science. That is the beauty of science. I don't know if you feel the same.

I see and appreciate your love of science, Edgar. I, too, feel that science is beautiful. I feel much the same way about language - not merely English, but all language. A gift from the gods, metaphorically speaking. This, in fact, is why my entire being rebels when I see bald statements such as "and if origin, it must have originator" which is so positive a statement that it would translate, unaltered in meaning, into any language on this Earth.

You see, the statement is so tightly packed with assumption that it becomes meaningless. What do you mean by origin? Are you so sure that what you think of as an origin WAS, in fact, an origin? Do all origins really imply an agent originator? If there was an agent originator, in what form did that exist before the origin?

I'm sure you've come across these objections many times, Edgar. You and all other creationists. And all creationist explanations come down, in the end, to "Goddidit". That is not science, it is superstition. With your obvious love of science, I'm horrified that you have chosen that path.

Winfield
Poster

Postby Winfield » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Poodle wrote:
Winfield wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Winfield wrote:
I see and appreciate your love of science, Edgar. I, too, feel that science is beautiful. I feel much the same way about language - not merely English, but all language. A gift from the gods, metaphorically speaking. This, in fact, is why my entire being rebels when I see bald statements such as "and if origin, it must have originator" which is so positive a statement that it would translate, unaltered in meaning, into any language on this Earth.

You see, the statement is so tightly packed with assumption that it becomes meaningless. What do you mean by origin? Are you so sure that what you think of as an origin WAS, in fact, an origin? Do all origins really imply an agent originator? If there was an agent originator, in what form did that exist before the origin?

I'm sure you've come across these objections many times, Edgar. You and all other creationists. And all creationist explanations come down, in the end, to "Goddidit". That is not science, it is superstition. With your obvious love of science, I'm horrified that you have chosen that path.

1. Ok, so you rebelled against organized crime religion. That is not bad, we should be sometimes if we continue looking for the correct one.

2. Origin of X. As you can see, take note here carefully, the universe is full of Xs. Of course, when I say Xs, I did not mean, ex-wife, ex-partner, ef-bf, ex-gf, etc. Lol! I mean, real X like a dog, a cat, a galaxy, a particle...any X. Based on my discoveries, any X could be originated by two processes. One is intellen and the other is naturen. That means, the origin of X has always pattern, and I've already posted the pattern here for free. Thus, it is predicted that the origin of X could be detected by using those pattern.

3. But who created God? Take note that when we ask that question, we are shifting ourselves outside the time of the universe. What is time? Ohhhh...shall I give that definition of time here free? I've already discussed that in my book, "Physics of Intelligent Design <id>."

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Winfield wrote:...

I don't know but I believed that non-theists had made those "hilarious" theories and used "theists" as their names. And they were not making sciences at all.....

You'd be wrong, those idiots are completely serious just as you are. And you are not doing science either. Science follows the scientific method and application of rational skepticism. You are a deluded believer.

Winfield wrote:For example, how can you differentiate if a cake that was made by an experienced mother and a 14 years old rookie daughter? To solve this, we need a boundary line.

I like cake! Mmmmm! :lol:

Winfield wrote:Remember that I was a scholar, which means academically, I am not inferior to some of you. That is one of my credentials.

and.....your posts, claims, ideas, and writing says it all. You are no scholar, you are no scientist, you are nothing but a deluded theist and woo-monger who doesn't understand science or rational inquiry.
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:45 pm

octopus1 wrote:...
There are two tips for making a profit by publishing, valid to today's market:

1. Write a children's book
2. Write a sexually explicit book.

Needless to say, don't employ both tips in the same book...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kenny A. Chaffin

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Winfield wrote:.... I do science, you don't.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kenny A. Chaffin

Winfield
Poster

Postby Winfield » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:47 pm

kennyc wrote:
Winfield wrote:..........or rational inquiry.
Lol!

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Poodle wrote:

"Go towards the light!"
Kenny A. Chaffin

octopus1
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Deep Sea Mollusk

Postby octopus1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Poodle wrote:

It would be sold to idiots who think shiny covers are evidence of weighty content. So yes, a combination of crowd funding and white-collar fraud...

.... I do science, you don't.

Yes I do. Care to amend your comment?
"On the fence".... Without a cushion....

Winfield
Poster

Postby Winfield » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:51 pm

octopus1 wrote:
Poodle wrote:

It would be sold to idiots who think shiny covers are evidence of weighty content. So yes, a combination of crowd funding and white-collar fraud...

Lol! You do?? Hilarious!

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Tell ya what Winfield, why don't you get some of your work published in Science or Nature or Hell any of the legitimate science publications and then come back. Til then just go away.
Kenny A. Chaffin

octopus1
Perpetual Poster

Postby octopus1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Winfield wrote:
octopus1 wrote:
Poodle wrote:

Lol! You do?? Hilarious!

Your initial objectivity has gone hasn't it? :P

We're elbow deep in the realms of petty arguments now, aren't we? :P

Excellent.

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Winfield wrote:..
Lol! You do?? Hilarious!

Yes, he does. Unlike you.

In fact the tables are actually turned. You are no scientist.
Kenny A. Chaffin

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Winfield wrote: I do science, you don't.

Octopus1 wrote:Yes I do. Care to amend your comment?

Lol! You do?? Hilarious!

Oooooohhhh!!!!! Fight!! Okay - Queensbury rules - no gouging or kicking (Edgar - you can back out here with no loss of honour, I advise you to do so).

I'm betting on the one with eight arms - it's no contest.

EDIT: Ahhhhhhh! How could I? QueensBERRY, of course.
Last edited by Poodle on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:02 pm

Poodle wrote:
Winfield wrote: I do science, you don't.

Octopus1 wrote:Yes I do. Care to amend your comment?

Lol! You do?? Hilarious!

Oooooohhhh!!!!! Fight!! Okay - Queensbury rules - no gouging or kicking (Edgar - you can back out here with no loss of honour, I advise you to do so).

I'm betting on the one with eight arms - it's no contest.

I'm betting on the one with the Large Hadron Collider!
Kenny A. Chaffin

Winfield
Poster

Postby Winfield » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:06 pm

octopus1 wrote:
Winfield wrote:Your initial objectivity has gone hasn't it? :P

Excellent.

My experience in my 13 years experience in online debate told me that many people don't like new discoveries in science especially when their presupposed beliefs are being challenged.

You cannot accuse me that I'm wrong unless you read what I've discovered, just like I could not tell if Darwin was wrong if I don't know his stance.

My goal is not to convince you but to inform you that there is already new explanations in science.

Some said that "peer-reviewed". Who will review a new discovery especially when no scientist had ever known the real meaning and nature of intelligence? How could a non-Japanese person who doesn't know Japanese review a Japanese language?
Last edited by Winfield on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Winfield wrote:
octopus1 wrote:
Winfield wrote:Your initial objectivity has gone hasn't it? :P

Excellent.

My experience in my 13 years experience in online debate told me that many people don't like new discoveries in science especially when their presupposed beliefs are being challenged.

You cannot accuse me that I'm wrong unless you read what I've discovered, just like I could not tell if Darwin was wrong if I don't know his stance.

My goal is not to convince you but to inform you that there is already new explanations in science.

Some said that "peer-reviewed". Who will review a new discovery especially when no scientist had ever known the real meaning and nature of intelligence? How could a non-Japanese language who doesn't know Japanese review a Japanese language?

First round goes to the Mullosk!
Kenny A. Chaffin

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Definitely starting off on the defensive, backing himself into a corner and covering his face with his gloves. Has a soft-bodied creature got the backbone to take advantage? We shall see in Round 2.

Meanwhile, a message from our sponsors ...

Peer Review 4 U!!!!!! (Music, music, music)
It's good and true (Music)
Almost as good as glue (???) (More music)
Last edited by Poodle on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Winfield wrote:....

The purpose of science is to be skeptical. You clearly have no understanding of science and how it works.

Winfield wrote:You cannot accuse me that I'm wrong unless you read what I've discovered, just like I could not tell if Darwin was wrong if I don't know his stance.

Wrong. What you've posted here and elsewhere as well as the blurbs and info on your 'books' is more than enough to conclude you are wrong. You're unwillingness to defend it clinches the deal. You're a loser, and delusional theist.

Winfield wrote:My goal is not to convince you but to inform you that there is already new explanations in science.

Yes, that's where all new things start, in the imagination. Science then takes it the next step. You've got a long ways to go and you don't have any clue as to what is required to get there.

Winfield wrote:Some said that "peer-reviewed". Who will review a new discovery especially when no scientist had ever known the real meaning and nature of intelligence? How could a non-Japanese language who doesn't know Japanese review a Japanese language?

There are so many things wrong with that statement I almost don't know where to start....but first there is well established science with regard to intelligence, evolution, nature. You will need to start there instead of denying it. This is the way science works Winfield.

Hey, you know what, there are ACTUAL JAPANESE SCIENTISTS! Amazing but true! Just ask Ripley.
Kenny A. Chaffin

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:24 pm

You wrote it in Japanese? Why? Why didn't you use your native language?

Winfield
Poster

Postby Winfield » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:25 pm

kennyc wrote:

There are so many things wrong with that statement I almost don't know where to start....but first there is well established science with regard to intelligence, evolution, nature. You will need to start there instead of denying it. This is the way science works Winfield.

Because you don't use critical thinking, you are simply saying that. Oh my goodness, if intelligence is already known why no one could tell if the universe is not intelligently designed. Do you know? How do they know it?

Use critical thinking, please.

octopus1
Perpetual Poster

Postby octopus1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Winfield wrote:My experience in my 13 years experience in online debate told me that many people don't like new discoveries in science especially when their presupposed beliefs are being challenged.

Let's just be clear. I am not about to buy a $10 book, written by an engineer, disputing what is a perfectly valid theory in biology. Drop the sales pitch. Or ask people who aren't, by definition, skeptical of things.

Some said that "peer-reviewed". Who will review a new discovery especially when no scientist had ever known the real meaning and nature of intelligence? How could a non-Japanese person who doesn't know Japanese review a Japanese language?

So your "theory" owes more to your culture, than to your knowledge? Talk about setting off on the wrong foot...

Your book, from reading the contents page, is a poorly structured "paper" on the subject.

I mean X + X', where X' effectively means "anything your heart desires"?? That's insane! That's awful notation, and it's deliberately manipulable.

Please list all the bridges and tunnels you were involved in constructing, then, if you're feeling "festive", please provide information on possible detours...

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Poodle wrote:You wrote it in Japanese? Why? Why didn't you use your native language?

Ooooh.....bad poodle....bad! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kenny A. Chaffin

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Winfield wrote:
kennyc wrote:

Because you don't use critical thinking, you are simply saying that. Oh my goodness, if intelligence is already known why no one could tell if the universe is not intelligently designed. Do you know? How do they know it?

Use critical thinking, please.

Yes, that's exactly what I did. I invite you to do the same.
Kenny A. Chaffin

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Whoah!!! The in-corner pummelling continues, Edgar not having gone back to his own corner for a rest. Psychology? Who knows?

They're circling one another again now, looking for opportunities. The crowd funding is getting excited.

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:33 pm

octopus1 wrote:
Winfield wrote:My experience in my 13 years experience in online debate told me that many people don't like new discoveries in science especially when their presupposed beliefs are being challenged.

Let's just be clear. I am not about to buy a $10 book, written by an engineer, disputing what is a perfectly valid theory in biology. Drop the sales pitch. Or ask people who aren't, by definition, skeptical of things.

So your "theory" owes more to your culture, than to your knowledge? Talk about setting off on the wrong foot...

Your book, from reading the contents page, is a poorly structured "paper" on the subject.

I mean X + X', where X' effectively means "anything your heart desires"?? That's insane! That's awful notation, and it's deliberately manipulable.

Please list all the bridges and tunnels you were involved in constructing, then, if you're feeling "festive", please provide information on possible detours...

Round 2 goes to the Eight-Armed Shiva-like-one.
Kenny A. Chaffin

Winfield
Poster

Postby Winfield » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:39 pm

octopus1 wrote:

Can you watch a YouTube video???

It was Dawkins who had been saying that an engineer knows about "structural design". And since the body of any organisms fall into a category of biological structure that we engineers knew of about structures, we are the expert and the only source of real information on how structure works!

Oh my goodness, try to read books of Dawkins! Or watch his video in YouTube when they cut the dead giraffe!

You are so poorly informed and mis-informed of your own theory! My goodness! Please, I beg you, don't be so stupid! Try to read your own books!

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:43 pm

It was Dawkins who had been saying that an engineer knows about "structural design". And since the body of any organisms fall into a category of biological structure that we engineers knew of about structures, we are the expert and the only source of real information on how structure works!

Oh my goodness, try to read books of Dawkins! Or watch his video in YouTube when they cut the dead giraffe!

You are so poorly informed and mis-informed of your own theory! My goodness! Please, I beg you, don't be so stupid! Try to read your own books!

Round Three Awarded to the Octopus due to begging on the part of the newbie.
Kenny A. Chaffin

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

( More Music) ...

Edgar's in trouble - if only he'd given us that definition of time he promised, maybe he'd have time here, but he's in the corner again, claiming arcane knowledge that only he knows.

Bad move, Edgar!

(Music) ...

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:47 pm

Poodle wrote:( More Music) ...

(Music) ...

Is that "Twilight Zone" or "Jaws" that I'm hearing?
Kenny A. Chaffin

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:48 pm

kennyc wrote:
Poodle wrote:( More Music) ...

(Music) ...

Is that "Twilight Zone" or "Jaws" that I'm hearing?

Both - what? You think the Skeptic Boxing Emporium is a cheap joint?

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Edgar's appeal -

... "we are the expert and the only source of real information on how structure works!"

... has been put before the British Boxing Board of Control. They replied "Eh??"

On with the show, then ...

octopus1
Perpetual Poster

Postby octopus1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Winfield wrote:
octopus1 wrote:

The theory of evolution is not my own theory. I'm aware of competing theories, none of which worth anything beyond a chuckle (as far as I'm concerned); None of which involve butchering African wild game on video, either. I try to avoid the sight of blood as often as I can, squeamish you see...

It is not unreasonable to suggest that in reading your book, I would be at risk of becoming even further "mis-informed"[sic].

What's really shocked me is that you are yourself a scientist. And you've squandered your integrity on something which honestly makes no sense. It doesn't even matter if, for some mad reason, you're correct - You've ruined your credibility by continuing to pander a theory (for profit!), which has been roundly criticized, and then failing to defend yourself adequately.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:14 pm

Intermission.

I find it gobsmackingly difficult to believe that an engineer of any description would claim that knowledge of a subject is his/her exclusive domain. That claim demonstrates absolute (I kid you not!) ignorance. "The Higgs Boson does not exist because I, an engineer who constructed one of the magnets, deems it not so."

Fun over, Edgar. Climb down from your egotistical (and worryingly near-the-clinical) paranoia and put your world-shattering thesis online (as any scientist with a modicum of integrity would do) rather than trying to pull pennies. I'm not going to give you anything for your religious claptrap.

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:22 pm

And I'm at the point of no longer responding to this thread/poster unless he is willing to seriously discuss his hypothesis, which doesn't appear to be the case.

Offers have been made, doors opened and the response has been 'buy my book, it's right and everyone else is wrong'

Well, No Edgar and neither will I continue discussing it if you are unwilling to do so.
Kenny A. Chaffin

SweetPea
Has No Life
Custom Title: Too Cute

Postby SweetPea » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Winfield wrote:
SweetPea wrote:Edgar, you didn't reply about my links to a scientist producing an animal with eyes, from parents with no eyes. I hope that you have begun to think about it and adjust. Your original queries concerned eyes and noses.

It's a significantly neat bit of magic, getting babies with eyes from an animal without - but what else? You could repeat the trick, but it would be meaningless in itself.
The significance of it is that it came after understanding that the different populations were de-eyed by different mutations, and so he came to understand that it's possible that that one parent's genetics might cover the "defect" from the other parent's genetics.
Now the understanding produced by study of the genetics is for all to use in understanding many human conditions that arise from the same genes. It's ultimately going to prove tremendously useful to us, even in ways we can't imagine yet.

How does a plodding religious literal interpretation of the story of the blind being made to see again, compare to that?

Is it too late to refocus your energy onto a better goal? I don't think so. Never too late.
If that was true, that scientist had used an intelligent mind to conduct that experiment.
Yes, I'd say he is intelligent.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:33 pm

And there is always this, only $5.99:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H26 ... d_i=507846

Kenny A. Chaffin