USA 2020 Dem presidential candidate speculation thread.

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

USA 2020 Dem presidential candidate speculation thread.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Assumption is Trump not impeached, not seriously challenged in primary, and running for re-election.

So who can beat him, and preferably by a comfortable margin?

Wouldn't it be cool if Condi ran in 2020 as a Democrat !? :mrgreen:
hot condi.JPG
She's already more like a Democrat that any of the current crop of Republicans on the hot button domestic issues such as being pro-choice and pro-affirmative action. I'm sure she could come up to speed on gay rights (if she isn't there already), what with never having opposed it.

And the foreign policies the Dems called her a war criminal over back in the day are indistinguishable from the sort of thing Hillary pointed to with pride as Secretary of State.

And the Dems need a black woman to win.
Black, not merely "of color" like Liz Warren.

And the country needs Condi.

She will put up with the BS because she loves America. :pr:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: USA 2020 Dem presidential candidate speculation thread.

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:29 pm

I thought "the group" still moving elections to one side or the other were the poor/middle class white folks under more and more stress? Minorities have no place to vote if they do at all except for the Dumbos. Its the poor whites that Hillary failed to court.

I assume Condi is a joke recommendation...............do you work directly for Putin, or just RT??
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:07 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: ... do you work directly for Putin, or just RT??
I support the Pootster out for love not money. ;)
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Better a shallow love based on fear than a too thin sham based on loathing.

He can smell the difference.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:31 pm

I agree that Condi is low probability, but if the Democrats went there and she were willing, she could beat Trump.

Because Republicans already have the hots for her.

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:33 pm

Meanwhile, who else?

Hillary again? People say she's too old, but she'd only be one year older than Reagan was.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Sen. Kamala Harris, though she has stated that she has no desire to run yet. BS. We need her.

Also Sen. Cory Booker

After that racist white supremacist trump, my idiot cousin is a viable candidate.

President Kanye? The man is a publicity whore and a moron I can't stand but again, after the white supremacist trump, he couldn't be any worse.
trump is Putin's bitch

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:59 pm

hILLARY was too old twenty years ago.

She simply is "too ungrounded." too corrupt.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:33 pm

Between Hillary and the entire lot of 2016 gop candidates, she was the one who exhibited more empathy and proved to be the most pragmatic of them all
trump is Putin's bitch

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:09 am

I've heard speculation about Zuckerberg, but so far the only evidence I've seen is that he likes the idea.

Certainly nothing from party regulars.

However The Zuck is a (sort of) left wing Donald Trump.

That is a billionaire who likes publicity.

Here's a good slogan: Zuck sucks!

I'm supposing that by 2020, "sucks" will have changed significance and mean something really good (sort of like that "this guy {!#%@}" meme).

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:46 am

Louis CK.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Bozo the Clown.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:11 pm

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Trump will run as a Democrat... habving failed as a Republican. :D

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Post by Nikki Nyx » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Aztexan wrote:Between Hillary and the entire lot of 2016 gop candidates, she was the one who exhibited more empathy and proved to be the most pragmatic of them all
I didn't see a whole lot of empathy from Hillary. Just multiple tone-deaf attempts at pandering. Like the "woman card" her campaign sold.

Or the embarrassing "Ways Hillary is Like Your Abuela."

Or her condescension to BLM activists, telling them what they should do.

Sure, in comparison to a bunch of self-serving, greedy, heartless snakes, she appeared to have more empathy. :mrgreen: But it sure didn't appear in her platform...or her actions.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:15 pm

The Dems have already proven they've learned nothing from this election, never mind more than 20 years of sustained losses at the federal, state, and local level. They detest and refuse to back the real progressives in the Party. They'll trot out another Third Way neoliberal just like Hillary. Meanwhile, Trump having been impeached, the GOP will put up a more moderate candidate and win again.

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:The Dems have already proven they've learned nothing from this election, never mind more than 20 years of sustained losses at the federal, state, and local level. They detest and refuse to back the real progressives in the Party. They'll trot out another Third Way neoliberal just like Hillary. Meanwhile, Trump having been impeached, the GOP will put up a more moderate candidate and win again.
Yes.......and I think that is strong evidence the "power" behind the party is NOT progressive. Fairly evident it is the same status quo corrupt corporate class party that also supports the Pukes. Just like Saint Ralph Nader said years ago: two side of the same Corporatist Party.

Just look.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:02 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Aztexan wrote:Between Hillary and the entire lot of 2016 gop candidates, she was the one who exhibited more empathy and proved to be the most pragmatic of them all
I didn't see a whole lot of empathy from Hillary. Just multiple tone-deaf attempts at pandering. Like the "woman card" her campaign sold.

Or the embarrassing "Ways Hillary is Like Your Abuela."

Or her condescension to BLM activists, telling them what they should do.

Sure, in comparison to a bunch of self-serving, greedy, heartless snakes, she appeared to have more empathy. :mrgreen: But it sure didn't appear in her platform...or her actions.
Hillary could have drop kicked a zika baby at one of her rallies and still shown more empathy than the entire gop.

I'm fairly certain that her policies and agenda would not be as discriminatory and mean-spirited as the white supremacist currently occupying the white house.
Maybe she was out of touch during her campaign, though I saw it as her or her campaign managers trying too hard to battle the negative stories and biased coverage against her. Hell, I was was vehemently opposed to her during the 08 campaign. Am I making excuses for her? But as I'm sure you know, her foundation has actually helped people while the trump foundation stole money raised to help sick children so we have at least that comparison to go by.
trump is Putin's bitch

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Aztexan wrote:Hillary could have drop kicked a zika baby at one of her rallies and still shown more empathy than the entire gop.
I agree. But given the crowd of inane, greedy, ignorant asshats you're comparing her to, that's not saying much, is it?
Aztexan wrote:I'm fairly certain that her policies and agenda would not be as discriminatory and mean-spirited as the white supremacist currently occupying the white house.
Not publicly, no. But it's difficult to hear her mean-spiritedness over the dog whistles she constantly blows. It generally comes out in her policies, though. Examine her record as SoS, for example. She was the most hawkish SoS in modern times, and proudly proclaimed Henry Kissinger as her mentor. Should we ignore her discrimination and meanness when it's not aimed at us?
Aztexan wrote:Maybe she was out of touch during her campaign, though I saw it as her or her campaign managers trying too hard to battle the negative stories and biased coverage against her.
What negative stories? Should we ignore facts when they're negative?
  • Like Hillary's support of the military coup in Honduras, overthrowing the democratically-elected Zelaya and supporting the fascist usurpers? She lobbied on their behalf to be readmitted to the OAS. And the US ended up with two new military bases. Hondurans fled the country in droves.
  • How about her destruction of Libya, which was not because Qaddafi was a murderous thug, but because he was developing a pan-African currency backed by a considerable amount of gold and silver. And we just can't tolerate violations of IMF policy, can we? If Qaddafi was the sole reason, there would have been no reason to destroy the Great Manmade River. Not to mention this drive-by regime change was so poorly planned that it created a new stronghold for ISIL terrorists...and access to Qaddafi's considerable weapons cache. Qaddafi met a death so horrible, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but Hillary laughed after viewing it. Empathy?
  • Meanwhile, she adored Israel's Netanyahu and called Egypt's Mubarak "a friend of my family." So, I guess murderous thugs are perfectly acceptable as long as they don't step over the line.
  • How about the increased weapons sales to countries with horrible human rights records under her watch as SoS?
    The State Department formally approved these arms sales even as many of the deals enhanced the military power of countries ruled by authoritarian regimes whose human rights abuses had been criticized by the department. Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Oman and Qatar all donated to the Clinton Foundation and also gained State Department clearance to buy caches of American-made weapons even as the department singled them out for a range of alleged ills, from corruption to restrictions on civil liberties to violent crackdowns against political opponents.

As secretary of state, Hillary Clinton also accused some of these countries of failing to marshal a serious and sustained campaign to confront terrorism. In a December 2009 State Department cable published by Wikileaks, Clinton complained of “an ongoing challenge to persuade Saudi officials to treat terrorist financing emanating from Saudi Arabia as a strategic priority.” She declared that “Qatar's overall level of CT cooperation with the U.S. is considered the worst in the region.” She said the Kuwaiti government was “less inclined to take action against Kuwait-based financiers and facilitators plotting attacks.” She noted that “UAE-based donors have provided financial support to a variety of terrorist groups.” All of these countries donated to the Clinton Foundation and received increased weapons export authorizations from the Clinton-run State Department.
I could continue here with more examples, since I took the time to research her record, but these are sufficient to make my point.

What biased coverage? The MSM covered an empty podium that was waiting for Trump, and ignored a Sanders rally that was occurring simultaneously. The DNC colluded with the MSM on Hillary's coverage, FFS. Never before has the MSM reported delegates' opinions as actual votes...until Hillary during the Democratic primary. Never before has the MSM failed to set up exit polls and report on them...until it was noticed that the unaltered exits polls were NOT matching up with the votes. And there were no exit polls in California.

Our federal government, when it monitors foreign elections, uses as its standard a +2% discrepancy between exit polls and vote tallies to conclude that an election was fraudulent. In more than 20 states during the Democratic primary, the discrepancy exceeded 2%. From PA with a 2.7% discrepancy, to AZ with a 44.1% discrepancy. Interestingly, all discrepancies were in favor of Hillary. The Democratic primary was a fraud.
Aztexan wrote:Hell, I was was vehemently opposed to her during the 08 campaign. Am I making excuses for her?
Yes and no. Was she more qualified than Trump? Absolutely. But I would be more qualified than Trump, since I paid attention to my education (and it's ongoing), keep up with world news, and have some experience with federal law. The problem is one of degree. Would you rather die by slow poison or being beaten to death? Hillary and the neoliberal Dems are slow poison, and we've been dying since her husband's administration. Most of us no longer have real representation, but does that mean we should be thankful for the scraps that fall from the DNC's table? {!#%@}, no.

Frankly, perhaps we needed to have the worst case scenario right in our faces in order to see the problem. Hillary would have kept up the status quo, and most Dems would have been perfectly happy with little or no progress on the real issues. It's our attitudes that's the problem. We've become so used to being forced to choose between the lesser of two evils that we've convinced ourselves the slightly lesser evil is actually good. It's not.
Aztexan wrote:But as I'm sure you know, her foundation has actually helped people while the trump foundation stole money raised to help sick children so we have at least that comparison to go by.
Sure. I'm not arguing that Trump is awesome; he's a disaster, and I certainly didn't vote for him. But are you willing to say that another eight years of an Obama-style presidency (with far more military action, definitely in Syria, and likely with Russia) would have been helpful to anyone in the 99%?

If you look at Obama when he began his first term, he was barely right of center both economically and politically.
By the 2012 election, his policies had changed so drastically that he was rubbing shoulders with Romney.
Hillary made a similar drastic shift to the right both economically and politically. Here's her 2008 position:
And her 2016 position:
Meanwhile, look where Bernie Sanders is, even though they refused to accept him as a Democrat:
He's the only one actually on the left.

Lastly, think about her slogans alone: "It's HER turn," and "I'm with HER." Seriously? When it is OUR turn? Why wasn't it "She's with us?" Honestly, as a Sanders supporter, I was attacked more frequently and nastily by Hillary's supporters than I ever was by Trump's. There was no effort to unite or compromise. Sanders' platform was consistently called a fantasy, despite the fact that quite a bit of it has been adopted by cities and states. No one in Hillary's contingent ever talked policy; it was all about her gender. And everyone, including Hillary, counted her years as First Lady as "political experience"...but only when it was positive. Anything negative was met with the blame game, because she wasn't an elected or appointed official. You don't get job experience from your partner's occupation. If that were the case, I could claim printing, running a plastics company, welding, and a host of other things I've never done as "job experience."

Sorry, I know this was a rant, but I'm still pissed about the primary and the Party's actions. Do you honestly believe that Hillary won the primary when she couldn't fill a classroom with supporters while Bernie was filling stadiums? C'mon. I live in Massachusetts, the bluest of blue states, and there were very few Hillary signs. The primary was dominated by Bernie signs. After that, there were still more Bernie signs (and more Trump signs) than signs supporting Hillary. In Massachusetts, the discrepancy between the exit polls and the vote tallies was 8%. Fraud. And if you believe that voting machines can't be hacked, guess again.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:42 pm

I assume no one here actually cares, but here's my score:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpo ... &soc=-2.21

I'm in the purple.

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:10 pm

xouper wrote:I assume no one here actually cares, but here's my score:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpo ... &soc=-2.21

I'm in the purple.
Actually, I found it fascinating to see my own results as compared to how I believe I think. :mrgreen: So, it's also interesting to see yours. If we superimpose your result onto this:
...we see that you just barely make it inside the Libertarian section, and lean toward Progressive (in its classical definition, not its modern one). Which puts you quite far away from US politicians claiming to be Libertarian, like Gary Johnson:
...and Ron Paul:
...who are both Libertarian Capitalists, which sounds like an oxymoron to me. It's just Classic Liberalism radicalized to the point that corporations are considered more important than people, but with dog whistles about "freedom" and "liberty." Just like today's Democrats are all on the right; Obama falls into the Conservative section, while Clinton's in the Traditionalist section leaning toward Fundamentalism.

My results:
...when superimposed, place me in the Anarcho-Socialist section, leaning toward both Democratic Socialist and Libertarian Socialist. I'm not sure how I got this result, but I did "strongly agree" that the government has no business in adults' private lives, and that laws concerning moral- or religious-based victimless crimes should be repealed, and there were a lot of questions about that, so that's probably why I'm closer to the libertarian end of the social axis.

At the same time, I believe that income disparity is indicative of failure in a society, because it means that those who possess the most capital are living at the expense of those who possess little or no capital, so that's where the socialist part comes in. US libertarianism rejects humanism, IMO, in its unfounded belief that an individual can provide all his own needs—regardless of his ability or inability—in the context of a society. And that an unregulated free market will solve all ills. We have a somewhat regulated market now, and corporations still habitually screw over anyone and everyone in their greed for more capital. How will an unregulated free market suddenly make corporations behave with their customers' best interests at heart? They don't do that now!

The idea that you get nothing unless you, personally, pay for it or do it yourself is anathema to a civilized society. No emergency services unless you've paid "insurance" for them? Doesn't that sound familiar? It's a {!#%@} protection racket to benefit those with capital. That's not a society; it's anarchy. When your motto is "all the market will bear," you're not interested in personal liberty; you're interested in filling your own bank account at the expense of human life.

And the ridiculous excuse that philanthropists, charities, and religious organizations will step in to take care of the unfortunate is utterly unfounded. They don't give a crap now; why would they give a crap under a US libertarian system? If their claim is true, then why do 25% of American children face hunger on the daily? Why does Flint still have a water crisis? Why are there poor counties in the South where up to 30% of the population has hookworm, FFS, because they lack proper sewage systems and treatment? These hypothetical philanthropists, charities, and religious organizations are doing {!#%@}-all NOW to care for people without capital. And they would do even less without that ever-so-important tax deduction for charity, because the US Libertarian Party would abolish the income tax. It's right in their manifesto.

Sorry, but US libertarians piss me off. They don't think past the ends of their noses, and they have inflated opinions of their own abilities and capacity for self-sufficiency. Most have no idea how many times a day the federal government saves their lives...from OSHA protecting their ass at work, to auto industry safety standards, to FDA regulations so their BP medication works, to not dying from salmonella or e. coli because their food's been inspected, to the ability to call on emergency services. They're a bunch of willfully ignorant and selfish idiots...and they're NOT libertarians.

Please note that my excoriating comments refer specifically to the extreme right-wing brand of US "libertarianism," which maximizes capitalism and misuses the term "personal liberty" to mean "every man for himself and too bad for you if you can't afford it," which translates into the freedom to die.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:21 pm

lmftfy: unfounded = demonstrably false

these assessments are informing for as you demonstrate what is interesting is to differentiate yourself from the ideaologies you are closely associated with, if not the exact category as well. Some issue take some thinking other don't, both are clarifying.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:. . . Sorry, but US libertarians piss me off. . . .
Fascinating rant.

Please do not misinterpret my lack of engagement with you on these issues as a sign of agreement with your opinions, interpretations, or perceptions.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:53 pm

..............that looks like equivocation to me.........but I'm still waiting for your response elsewhere.

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Your 2D political graph lacks the necessary Klein bottle twist. ;)

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:19 pm

OK not Hillary.

How about Chelsea?

Clinton or Manning? :P

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:21 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:lmftfy: unfounded = demonstrably false

these assessments are informing for as you demonstrate what is interesting is to differentiate yourself from the ideaologies you are closely associated with, if not the exact category as well. Some issue take some thinking other don't, both are clarifying.
Agreed. Also clarifying: the first thing I did when I discovered my point on the chart was read about the various ideologies that the political compass claims are mine. I have agreements with parts of each of them, and probably an equal number of disagreements.

It's possible that political ideology is too complex for a two-axis graph, or that the website that generates these requires a longer test with more in-depth questions and choices. For example, I was asked only one question about foreign policy: whether it was ever appropriate to take military action in violation of international law. I don't believe that one data point is sufficient to slap a label on my foreign policy viewpoints. Examining that subject in greater depth might well put me into another section.

In any case, I ended up in a WikiLoop of ideologies the first time I took the test, which was educational. :mrgreen:

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:25 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:..............that looks like equivocation to me.........but I'm still waiting for your response elsewhere.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivocation

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:33 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:It's possible that political ideology is too complex for a two-axis graph, . . .
Bingo. We have a winner!

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:37 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:OK not Hillary.

How about Chelsea?

Clinton or Manning? :P
Is that my choice? Chelsea Clinton has zero political experience, and nearly zero job experience. When, as an adult, your multi-millionaire parents gift you with a $10M condo, I have serious doubts that it's possible for you, as a political candidate, to relate to the average American and his needs. I also have to take into account the fact that she blatantly and provably lied about Bernie Sanders while on her mother's campaign.

I think it's long past time for the Clinton family to retire from politics altogether, frankly.

Chelsea Manning...to be honest, I'm not familiar enough with her methods to agree or disagree with her exact actions. Although I do agree the information should have been made public. I've heard claims that she attempted to follow the chain of command to no avail. If so, then she sacrificed herself for principle. OTOH, I know almost nothing about her subsequent to her transition, other than how she was treated. There were, at one time, some indications of instability, but they may have been related to her gender issue. I can't say.

I used to have an English Springer Spaniel (female, black and white) named Chelsea. (I didn't name her; the previous owners did, and that's what was on her AKC papers when I rescued her. They were about to take her to a shelter to be put down because she had the audacity to jump up on their toddler...because a high-strung breed that's still a puppy is such a perfect pet for a toddler. :roll: )

I haven't read anything written by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, so I have no opinion on her.

Chelsea Handler has her moments now and then, but she's far from my favorite comedian.

And that's all the Chelseas that come to mind. :mrgreen:

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:41 pm

xouper wrote:
Fascinating rant.

Please do not misinterpret my lack of engagement with you on these issues as a sign of agreement with your opinions, interpretations, or perceptions the conclusions you've arrived at after in-depth research on US libertarian politicians and voters.
FIFY. Nor would I interpret a lack of response as either agreement or disagreement...or anything at all except a lack of response.

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:42 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:..............that looks like equivocation to me.........but I'm still waiting for your response elsewhere.
Whom are you addressing?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:45 pm

Very short tests can be very accurate...... BECAUSE..... you weren't asked "just one question" on foreign policy. You were asked a whole range of questions and people fall into the labels quite handlely. Could finder distinctions with more questions be made? Sure. Would they turn you into a National Socialist???? Hopefully not.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Whom are you addressing?
sorry..... the thread had detumesced for awhile and I was only slinging dicks with Xouper. Heh, heh.....X thinks his small swollen one does not stick out. Truth is: they all do.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
xouper wrote:
Fascinating rant.

Please do not misinterpret my lack of engagement with you on these issues as a sign of agreement with your opinions, interpretations, or perceptions the conclusions you've arrived at after in-depth research on US libertarian politicians and voters.
FIFY.
Your conclusions, no matter how well researched, are still your personal interpretations, perceptions, and opinions.

As are mine (in case that needed to be said).

Also, I erred in not making it clear that I was referring to all your political comments, not just about libertarians.

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:15 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:Is that my choice? Chelsea Clinton has zero political experience, and nearly zero job experience. When, as an adult, your multi-millionaire parents gift you with a $10M condo, I have serious doubts that it's possible for you, as a political candidate, to relate to the average American and his needs.
Oh please, No presidential Candidate ever does. Not Hillary and certainly not Trump.

I also have to take into account the fact that she blatantly and provably lied about Bernie Sanders while on her mother's campaign.

I think it's long past time for the Clinton family to retire from politics altogether, frankly.
I've been speculating about what will happen, not what should happen.

Chelsea Manning ...
Of course will never be elected president. But the gal lo-o-o-o-oves publicity and what better way to drum up publicity than run for president?

Wait a minute. Early last year I said that about Trump. :shockd:

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:11 pm

John Kerry doesn't rule out 2020 White House run
Washington Examiner

Synopsis: No plans, but when put on the spot by a news clown did not rule out etc.

If I were a Trump supporter, I'd be saying "yeah baby".

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Somebody needs to copyright "America needs a 2020 vision for the future!" please. I don't want to hear that {!#%@} for two years.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:48 pm

All thingz considered, I may rite in 'Skynet' for prez in 2020. Politics iz all about comprimize and a hostile AI iz a good comprimize between me and Cthulu
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:44 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Very short tests can be very accurate...... BECAUSE..... you weren't asked "just one question" on foreign policy. You were asked a whole range of questions and people fall into the labels quite handlely. Could finder distinctions with more questions be made? Sure. Would they turn you into a National Socialist???? Hopefully not.
Definitely not, since I am not a nationalist.

Frankly, I think it's silly to take pride in what amounts to an accident of birth. That whole "proud to be an American" thing is illogical to me; you didn't choose your nationality. It's not something you worked for and earned, meaning that you don't get credit for it, so where does the pride come from?

It reminds me of people receiving honorary degrees insisting on being called "Doctor." My response is, "What was the title of your dissertation?"