Feminism is destroying our society

Where no two people are likely to agree.
The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Feminism is destroying our society

Post by The Sea is Mine » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:58 pm

A great article I am pasting from different pieces about how feminism has changed from giving rights to women to actually destroying our country.Feminism gone to far:

Women today are more focused on college and careers that if the right man walked into their life, they would easily brush him aside in pursuit of their own interests in financial support, in an attempt to sustain her perception of freedom and independence in life and from men.

Men also have their own fabricated fears, from the same sources, in which they believe marriage is a setup for them to lose all of their assets to a failed marriage; thus the same with children, as it poses a risk to their income. Factors in which men all collectively have in their overall perception of marriage instead of its true meaning. These key perspectives contribute to which both men and women consequently destroy or severely hinder healthy, productive relations between eachother. Fabricated fears induced from mainstream media, movies and television propagating to achieve a broader agenda. Desecration of marriage, moral ethics, and the traditional family.

Women wonder why average men have a lacking respect for women in America; and men wondering why relations with sluts are a waste of time; in which seem to consequently prove their overall fabricated perceptions, when real, loving, caring, self respecting women would not allow such disrespect through casual sex and acts thereof.
In conclusion, men and women need to start free thinking for themselves by not believing and conforming to the fabricated fears of media and pop culture. Men and women need to start assessing their own situations and interactions with eachother instead of acting on fears that were instilled by their peers.

The main causes marriages in America are declining and failing is that many of them are purely based in sex and materalistic, judgemental impulses.

"David Popenoe, a Rutgers sociologist who co-authored the study, is concerned that the downward trend will continue. 'I'm worried most because of the teenagers', Popenoe said. 'With the breakdown of the family, peer culture, which includes popu culture, has gotten stronger. Nothing could be more anti-marriage than much of the popular culture."

Why would a Liberal sociologist like Popenoe be worried by severely declining marriages in this country? He has studied case histories of dozens of cultures throughout the world in his academic pursuits, and knows that no country can survive without the core unit called the family.
That is why many women were tempted by feminism in the first place… because ignorant men thought they were doing nothing. They were raising their children, teaching them values, caring for the entire household, and setting the course for the future of an entire nation. The man came home from work and everything was in order and he didn’t even know.

When I read a book called “The Bonds of Womanhood” over 20 years ago about the women of New England between 1780 and 1885, I was totally amazed by reading some of the letters these women wrote to each other… These women knew the man didn’t have a clue as to the importance of their work at home raising their children… but these women were smart enough not to care what the men thought because they knew that they were grooming the future of an entire nation within their children and within their homes. They knew the entire future of a nation was in their hands and that their work was so vital that it wasn’t necessary for the man to know this truth.

These women were dependent on the men materially but were independent of the men in their thinking. Today women are the opposite… they are independent of the men materially but dependent on men in the way they think… they have to think like men to compete in the work place. What they do is dependent on what men do… they have to learn the jobs that men created and have always done. They have to become like men and that’s why deep down they are empty, unfulfilled and miserable.

And now society is so unstable it’s on the brink of total collapse because women are no longer independent in the way they think and behave… they have become totally dependent on the men.
Men's rights worldwide!

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Feminism is destroying our society

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Has anybody explained why our society shouldn't be destroyed?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:12 pm

excellent documentary on the evils of the feminist movement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F36gT5Ep ... 1834B85059
Men's rights worldwide!

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:24 pm

Got anything on misogyny?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:Has anybody explained why our society shouldn't be destroyed?

If ours shouldn't at least his should. :mrgreen:
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:Got anything on misogyny?

Yes. I do. the feminist movement itself. if you want to know what hatred of a woman is look to the feminist movement. It frowns on childrearing and equality. I am not against women working. what i am against is the idea that staying home and raising a family should be down on the list. everybody is guilty for allowing the evils of feminism to ruin our country. Americans in general are selfish and don't value the family. I like the Asian model, espeically china. women do work but they still hold family in high regard. divorce is rare and the importance of family is woven into the culture. look at people in this country who are lost, go through many marriages, don't know what to do. this is because of feminism and the breakdown of the family. people are too selfish.
Men's rights worldwide!

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:34 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote:

Yes. I do. the feminist movement itself. if you want to know what hatred of a woman is look to the feminist movement. It frowns on childrearing and equality. I am not against women working. what i am against is the idea that staying home and raising a family should be down on the list. everybody is guilty for allowing the evils of feminism to ruin our country. Americans in general are selfish and don't value the family. I like the Asian model, espeically china. women do work but they still hold family in high regard. divorce is rare and the importance of family is woven into the culture. look at people in this country who are lost, go through many marriages, don't know what to do. this is because of feminism and the breakdown of the family. people are too selfish.

Man, you need to get laid.

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Is that comment supposed to silence me. I will not respond to ad hominems. i do want to point out that many females also believe the feminist movement has gone too far.

Christina Summers. from wikipedia.

Sommers uses the terms "equity feminism" and "gender feminism" to differentiate what she sees as acceptable and non-acceptable forms of feminism. She describes equity feminism as the struggle based upon "Enlightenment principles of individual justice"[17] for equal legal and civil rights and many of the original goals of the early feminists, as in the first wave of the women's movement. She describes "gender feminism" as having "transcended the liberalism" of earlier feminists. Instead of focusing on rights for all, gender feminists view society through the "sex/gender prism" and focus on recruiting women to join the "struggle against patriarchy."[18] A reviewer of Who Stole Feminism characterized gender feminism as the action of accenting the differences of genders in order to create what Sommers believes is privilege for women in academia, government, industry, or the advancement of personal agendas.[19][20]
Sommers wrote in The Atlantic, about her own book The War Against Boys, that misguided school curriculum, based on flawed research, is a likely cause for many problems in education including the falling reading scores of lower-school boys. Sommers writes that there is an achievement gap between boys and girls in school, and that girls in some areas are achieving more than boys. She writes, "Growing evidence that the scales are tipped not against girls but against boys is beginning to inspire a quiet revisionism. Some educators will admit that boys are on the wrong side of the gender gap."[21] Writing for The New York Times, Richard Bernstein wrote of The War Against Boys, "Observations like that lift Ms. Sommers's book from polemic to entreaty. There is a cry in the wilderness quality to her book, a sense that certain simple truths have been lost sight of in the smoky quarrelsomeness of American life. One may agree with Ms. Sommers or one may disagree, but it is hard not to credit her with a moral urgency that comes both from the head and from the heart."[22]
Sommers writes in Who Stole Feminism that an often-mentioned March of Dimes study which says that "domestic violence is the leading cause of birth defects," does not, in fact, exist. She writes that violence against women does not peak during the Super Bowl, which she describes as another popular urban legend. Sommers also writes that these statements about domestic violence were used in shaping the Violence Against Women Act, which allocates $1.6 billion a year in federal funds for ending domestic violence. Sommers writes that feminists assert and the media report that approximately 150,000 women die each year from anorexia, an apparent distortion of the American Anorexia and Bulimia Association's figure that 150,000 females have some degree of anorexia.[19][20][23][24] A Reason magazine review stated that "the answer to the question in the book's title is, nobody stole feminism. The liberals gave it away. Their abdication of principles and cowardly fear of reprisals so ably chronicled by Sommers sealed the deal."[19]
Sommers is a longtime critic of Women's Studies departments, and of university curricula in general. In an interview with Scott London, Sommers said, "The perspective now, from my point of view, is that the better things get for women, the angrier the women's studies professors seem to be, the more depressed Gloria Steinem seems to get. So there is something askew here, something amiss."[25] According to The Nation, "Hoff Sommers carefully explains to the students that much of the fault for this unfortunate phenomenon [of "pathologizing maleness"] lies with women's studies departments. There, 'statistically challenged' feminists engage in bad scholarship to advance their liberal agenda. As her preliminary analysis of women's studies textbooks has shown, these professors are peddling a skewed and incendiary message: 'Women are from Venus, men are from Hell'".[5] In a book review in the conservative magazine National Review, Mary Lefkowitz writes of Who Stole Feminism that "[Sommers] provides clear guidelines on how to distinguish indoctrination from education. That alone is a major service to all of us who are struggling to distinguish fact from fiction in today's troubled academic world."[20]
Sommers has also written about Title IX and the shortage of women in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) careers. She opposes recent efforts to apply Title IX to the sciences[26] because “Science is not a sport. In science, men and women play on the same teams…There are many brilliant women in the top ranks of every field of science and technology, and no one doubts their ability to compete on equal terms.”[27] Title IX programs in the sciences could easily “stigmatize” women and cheapen their hard-earned achievements. Moreover, Sommers points to research that indicates that personal preferences, not sexist discrimination, plays a role in women’s career choices.[28] Not only do women favor fields like biology, psychology, and veterinary medicine over physics and mathematics, but they also seek out more family-friendly careers. Sommers writes that “the real problem most women scientists confront is the challenge of combining motherhood with a high-powered science career”—not discrimination.[27]
Sommers claims Wellesley, Mount Holyoke, Smith, Mills and the University of Minnesota are "extreme" examples of U.S. universities and colleges where gender feminists exert a major influence on curricula.[29]
[edit]
Men's rights worldwide!

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:51 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote:Is that comment supposed to silence me. I will not respond to ad hominems. i do want to point out that many females also believe the feminist movement has gone too far.

Silence you? No way. You're too much fun. Keep posting, please. I'm sharing your posts with several forums. :mrgreen:

Martin Brock
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Martin Brock » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:03 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote:I like the Asian model, espeically china. women do work but they still hold family in high regard. divorce is rare and the importance of family is woven into the culture.

And the child custody presumption is reversed, as it was in the U.S. prior to the middle of the 19th century. A strong paternal custody presumption gives both mothers and fathers a strong incentive to avoid divorce.

Still, you're generalizing quite a bit here. Feminism alone doesn't account for all of the changing attitudes you've discussed. Social Security replaced the tradition of children supporting their aged parents. Despite this fact, Social Security, financed by a tax on labor, completely ignores parental contributions to the value of children's labor. When you're a full time parent, this statutory discrimination against your contribution is incredibly costly. You contribute far more than any other individual to your children's future labor, and your children owe everyone but you.
People associating freely respect norms of their choice, and relationships governed this way are necessarily interdependent.

More central authorities conquer by dividing, imposing norms channeling the value of synergy toward themselves.

"Every man for himself" is the prescription of a state, not a free community. A state protects the poor from the rich only in fairy tales.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Martin Brock wrote:
The Sea is Mine wrote:I like the Asian model, espeically china. women do work but they still hold family in high regard. divorce is rare and the importance of family is woven into the culture.

And the child custody presumption is reversed, as it was in the U.S. prior to the middle of the 19th century. A strong paternal custody presumption gives both mothers and fathers a strong incentive to avoid divorce.

Still, you're generalizing quite a bit here. Feminism alone doesn't account for all of the changing attitudes you've discussed. Social Security replaced the tradition of children supporting their aged parents. Despite this fact, Social Security, financed by a tax on labor, completely ignores parental contributions to the value of children's labor. When you're a full time parent, this statutory discrimination against your contribution is incredibly costly. You contribute far more than any other individual to your children's future labor, and your children owe everyone but you.

I tend to think that SS freed older people from the need to depend on their children when they got older. The burden of non-productive members of the household was also reduced. And the older people got a chance to live somewhere that wasn't crowded and noisy, as well as having to deal with resentful children. Sounds like a win for everybody.

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post by brauneyz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:31 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote:

Absolutely right! It was much better when only the men were selfish and the women were grateful for the crumbs they were allowed. :roll:

Dude, I think you've read the twisted Phyllis Schlafly too much. I don't know that you need to get laid as Gawd suggested, (pity the recipient of that little exchange), but you could definitely stand to get outside your own little bubble.

BTW: You've totally twisted everything Sommers stands for, which is equal opportunity, not some manmade construct of fairness or leveling the field. When folks like you rail against 'feminism', you are talking about those women whose viewpoint is inequality now in order to reverse/balance the effects. That is not feminism. It's just another political agenda. True feminism is actually humanism.
"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves." ~ Bertrand de Jouvenel

Martin Brock
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Martin Brock » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:I tend to think that SS freed older people from the need to depend on their children when they got older.

Hardly. Who pays the taxes? Your payroll taxes go directly to older people who allegedly don't depend on you.

With SS, people more easily pretend that they don't depend on the young, so they have fewer children, and the system ultimately can't pay promised benefits. Since the "trust fund" is an accounting fiction and the payroll tax surplus is gone sooner than expected, we're already there really.

The burden of non-productive members of the household was also reduced. And the older people got a chance to live somewhere that wasn't crowded and noisy, as well as having to deal with resentful children. Sounds like a win for everybody.

Who's paying for these nursing homes? Barack Obama? He's a trillionaire?
People associating freely respect norms of their choice, and relationships governed this way are necessarily interdependent.

More central authorities conquer by dividing, imposing norms channeling the value of synergy toward themselves.

"Every man for himself" is the prescription of a state, not a free community. A state protects the poor from the rich only in fairy tales.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Martin Brock wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:I tend to think that SS freed older people from the need to depend on their children when they got older.

Hardly. Who pays the taxes? Your payroll taxes go directly to older people who allegedly don't depend on you.

With SS, people more easily pretend that they don't depend on the young, so they have fewer children, and the system ultimately can't pay promised benefits. Since the "trust fund" is an accounting fiction and the payroll tax surplus is gone sooner than expected, we're already there really.

I keep forgetting that those people didn't pay a cent into SS. My bad. And your knee-jerk response did not address my point, it was a canned statement spew out by rote.
The burden of non-productive members of the household was also reduced. And the older people got a chance to live somewhere that wasn't crowded and noisy, as well as having to deal with resentful children. Sounds like a win for everybody.

Who's paying for these nursing homes? Barack Obama? He's a trillionaire?

Not every elderly is in a nursing home, foon.

rickoshay85
Veteran Poster

Post by rickoshay85 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:56 pm

A great article I am pasting from different pieces about how feminism has changed from giving rights to women to actually destroying our country.Feminism gone to far:>>

Sounds to me like the author is a pussy whipped wimp...
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO. John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Post by Chachacha » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:11 pm

It's all da wimin's fault.

rickoshay85
Veteran Poster

Post by rickoshay85 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Chachacha wrote:It's all da wimin's fault.

They say the same thing about men...
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO. John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:35 pm

Still not sure what's so bad about destroying the current society. Help a guy out, please?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Off the top of my head, I've grown accustomed to and need oxygen and pussy to live. Not in that order.
trump is Putin's bitch

Martin Brock
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Martin Brock » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:I keep forgetting that those people didn't pay a cent into SS.

So old people also depended on those people too.

SS is not a "pay into" system. It's a "you pay them" system, modeled on the accumulation of entitlement to rents.

Children supporting their parents is a pay into system.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:34 am

ruben lopez wrote:Off the top of my head, I've grown accustomed to and need oxygen and pussy to live. Not in that order.

I can almost remember those days. :senile:
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 am

Tom-Palven wrote:I can almost remember those days. :senile:

...when you were still allowed to drive? :mrgreen:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:55 am

brauneyz wrote: not some manmade construct of fairness or leveling the field.
Yes, I got that feeling from the post as well. It was from a male point of view. In some ways the article could have replaced "blacks" for women and taken it from a "white" point of view.

brauneyz wrote: True feminism is actually humanism.
That seems a logical statement. It is not up to civilisation to say what individuals should do but civilisation should not culturally hinder a person from doing what they want to do, based on sex, colour or religion, as this is most advantageous for civilisation as a whole. Variety is the spice of good social evolution.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
brauneyz wrote: not some manmade construct of fairness or leveling the field.
Yes, I got that feeling from the post as well. It was from a male point of view. In some ways the article could have replaced "blacks" for women and taken it from a "white" point of view.

I wouldn't call it a male point of view. I think most of the males on this forum hold the same view as Brauneyz, or as close as makes no matter. While some males do hold to the OP's perspective, labelling it a male point of view is painting with too broad a brush.

brauneyz wrote: True feminism is actually humanism.
That seems a logical statement. It is not up to civilisation to say what individuals should do but civilisation should not culturally hinder a person from doing what they want to do, based on sex, colour or religion, as this is most advantageous for civilisation as a whole. Variety is the spice of good social evolution.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:40 am

OlegTheBatty wrote: I wouldn't call it a male point of view. I think most of the males on this forum hold the same view as Brauneyz, or as close as makes no matter. While some males do hold to the OP's perspective, labelling it a male point of view is painting with too broad a brush.

Spot on. Oleg identified me falling into my own trap. I must take more care in the future. Bad habits, like what I just did, allow these legacies to continue. A little effort today makes for more fun in the future.

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:46 am

Being a woman, I'm grateful for the feminist movement. This should never again be a man's world, and patriarchy needs to go away completely.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:45 am

RubyHypatia wrote:This should never again be a man's world, and patriarchy needs to go away completely.

I recommend the book Misogyny: The World's Oldest Prejudice by Jack Holland. It's got an overall rating of 4.08 out of five at http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/597662.Misogyny

Total number of rankings: 103
5 - 38% - 40
4 - 33% - 35
3 - 23% - 24
2 - 3% - 4
1 - 0% - 0

You might find it disappointingly Western-oriented, though, since it doesn't talk much about, for example, the Middle East or Southeast Asia. But for what it covers, I think it's pretty good.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:17 pm

You know, I just pictured a giant, rampaging feminine napkin attacking New York City in conjunction with the Stay-puft Marshmallow Man.

And that still made more sense than the OP.

Martin Brock
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Martin Brock » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Girls are like sugar, spice and everything nice. Boys are like snakes, snails and puppy dog tails.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Martin Brock wrote:Girls are like sugar, spice and everything nice. Boys are like snakes, snails and puppy dog tails.

What if the girl really wants to be a boy, or vice versa? Do the constituent components alter or is there some kind of phase-array that shifts according to orientation?

Martin Brock
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Martin Brock » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:What if the girl really wants to be a boy, or vice versa? Do the constituent components alter or is there some kind of phase-array that shifts according to orientation?

I'm not experienced in gender reassignment.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:25 pm

Martin Brock wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:What if the girl really wants to be a boy, or vice versa? Do the constituent components alter or is there some kind of phase-array that shifts according to orientation?

I'm not experienced in gender reassignment.

I've only played the video game.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:34 pm

brauneyz wrote:
The Sea is Mine wrote:

Absolutely right! It was much better when only the men were selfish and the women were grateful for the crumbs they were allowed. :roll:

Dude, I think you've read the twisted Phyllis Schlafly too much. I don't know that you need to get laid as Gawd suggested, (pity the recipient of that little exchange), but you could definitely stand to get outside your own little bubble.

BTW: You've totally twisted everything Sommers stands for, which is equal opportunity, not some manmade construct of fairness or leveling the field. When folks like you rail against 'feminism', you are talking about those women whose viewpoint is inequality now in order to reverse/balance the effects. That is not feminism. It's just another political agenda. True feminism is actually humanism.

But Cousin Browneyes, if women are at least the equal of men, how come, except for you, they mostly drink watery beers like Bud Lite instead of good hoppy pale ales :?:

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:41 am

Martin Brock wrote:Girls are like sugar, spice and everything nice. Boys are like snakes, snails and puppy dog tails.

I thought those were their ingredients, not analogues.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:58 am

The key word about feminism is, "equality." It has nothing to do with frowning upon women having children, and staying home with them. I consider myself a feminist and I was a stay-at-home mom until my only child was 12 years old.

I don't think feminism is destroying our society. If we're talking about the family structure breaking down, well, as someone already pointed out, there's plenty of deadbeat dads out there. We can't just blame women.

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:31 am

RubyHypatia wrote:The key word about feminism is, "equality." It has nothing to do with frowning upon women having children, and staying home with them. I consider myself a feminist and I was a stay-at-home mom until my only child was 12 years old.

I don't think feminism is destroying our society. If we're talking about the family structure breaking down, well, as someone already pointed out, there's plenty of deadbeat dads out there. We can't just blame women.

Ruby i have to agree with you mostly. nobody is saying keep women down. what feminism has turned into is a lack of respect for family childrearing, and an unjust court system. the thing about "deadbeat dads" has to do with economics. it pisses me off that judges don't enforce visitation rights for fathers but are strict about dads paying up even when in this economy it is often not there fault. feminism in it's better form would mean just to protect women from abuse. now it is used to ruin the family and cause problems. there is a mentality among many of these women that merely having children is old fashioned. we have a culture now where women can throw away life like it is trash (abortion) just because they think it's inconvenient.

now "a number". I would love to move to China. I respect their "shame culture" and sense of family. Which society is better? well Americans are divorcing, defaulting on mortages and the economy is in shambles. We ship our elderly into nursing homes and give children to day care workers during the day we don't know. people are confused, women don't know what they want. in essence this "independent" mentality has made us selfish and self destructive. There is a divorce industry in where people pay lawyers thousands and people are led to hate one another. There is an abuse industry that has turned into a hysteria (take the flawed claim that 25% of women in college are raped " see this article http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html ... tm?id=3173

In China family is very important. Women work, but they know how to be a woman. they are smart, classy, and loyal to their husbands, just as husbands are supposed to be. old people are NEVER thrown into nursing homes. If woman cheats on her husband or a husband fails to take care of his wife, the whole culture shames them. this is how it should be. I respect chinese women more than american women. they dress better, they are more classy, and they are also smarter. To be honest, I really don't like American women? why? the feminist movement has ruined our society.

Now when it comes to Islam, as much as I dislike their religion there are some things i like about the culture. Women are not whores, in a divorce they can't simply clean out the bank and steal a man's children, all the while having a job in many cases and taking care of children. Family and mutual concern is the essence of a stable society. Feminism and selfishness have destroyed it.

Also please don't fall into the fallacy that just because one is anti-feminist, they support the right of men to cheat on their wives or abuse them. I do not., neither do most men's rights activists. In fact most of us respect women. I have a chinese girlfriend now (born in China). I hold the door open for her. I help her. We both know how to act. we look out for each other as much as for ourselves. She makes more money than me. we respect each other. American women look at you funny if you merely open the door for them. they cheat on their husbands, kill their unborn children, and generally abuse the court systems. (of course i don't mean all, but i'm learning from experience). Who says that just because you are anti feminist you support "keeping women down" or beating them? that is a crazy assertion.

By the way, let me say again. I am a non-religious democrat. so you can't label me as a conservative prude. I believe in government stepping in and helping everyone economically. just as I believe that everyone in society should look out for each other. including family and marriage.
Men's rights worldwide!

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:07 am

The Sea is Mine wrote:
RubyHypatia wrote:The key word about feminism is, "equality." It has nothing to do with frowning upon women having children, and staying home with them. I consider myself a feminist and I was a stay-at-home mom until my only child was 12 years old.

Ruby i have to agree with you mostly. nobody is saying keep women down. what feminism has turned into is a lack of respect for family childrearing, and an unjust court system. the thing about "deadbeat dads" has to do with economics. it pisses me off that judges don't enforce visitation rights for fathers but are strict about dads paying up even when in this economy it is often not there fault. feminism in it's better form would mean just to protect women from abuse. now it is used to ruin the family and cause problems. there is a mentality among many of these women that merely having children is old fashioned. we have a culture now where women can throw away life like it is trash (abortion) just because they think it's inconvenient.

now "a number". I would love to move to China. I respect their "shame culture" and sense of family. Which society is better? well Americans are divorcing, defaulting on mortages and the economy is in shambles. We ship our elderly into nursing homes and give children to day care workers during the day we don't know. people are confused, women don't know what they want. in essence this "independent" mentality has made us selfish and self destructive. There is a divorce industry in where people pay lawyers thousands and people are led to hate one another. There is an abuse industry that has turned into a hysteria (take the flawed claim that 25% of women in college are raped " see this article http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html ... tm?id=3173

In China family is very important. Women work, but they know how to be a woman. they are smart, classy, and loyal to their husbands, just as husbands are supposed to be. old people are NEVER thrown into nursing homes. If woman cheats on her husband or a husband fails to take care of his wife, the whole culture shames them. this is how it should be. I respect chinese women more than american women. they dress better, they are more classy, and they are also smarter. To be honest, I really don't like American women? why? the feminist movement has ruined our society.

Now when it comes to Islam, as much as I dislike their religion there are some things i like about the culture. Women are not whores, in a divorce they can't simply clean out the bank and steal a man's children, all the while having a job in many cases and taking care of children. Family and mutual concern is the essence of a stable society. Feminism and selfishness have destroyed it.

Also please don't fall into the fallacy that just because one is anti-feminist, they support the right of men to cheat on their wives or abuse them. I do not., neither do most men's rights activists. In fact most of us respect women. I have a chinese girlfriend now (born in China). I hold the door open for her. I help her. We both know how to act. we look out for each other as much as for ourselves. She makes more money than me. we respect each other. American women look at you funny if you merely open the door for them. they cheat on their husbands, kill their unborn children, and generally abuse the court systems. (of course i don't mean all, but i'm learning from experience). Who says that just because you are anti feminist you support "keeping women down" or beating them? that is a crazy assertion.

By the way, let me say again. I am a non-religious democrat. so you can't label me as a conservative prude. I believe in government stepping in and helping everyone economically. just as I believe that everyone in society should look out for each other. including family and marriage.

What does your society consist of? Is it a geographical area? An ethinic group?
Sunnis? Shia? Democrats? Just wondering.

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post by brauneyz » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Cousin Tom wrote:What does your society consist of? Is it a geographical area? An ethinic group?

Clearly one which consists of smart, classy, non-whoring women and deadbeat dads the economy has {!#%@} with. Weren't you reading? ;)
"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves." ~ Bertrand de Jouvenel

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:59 pm

brauneyz wrote:
Cousin Tom wrote:What does your society consist of? Is it a geographical area? An ethinic group?

Clearly one which consists of smart, classy, non-whoring women and deadbeat dads the economy has {!#%@} with. Weren't you reading? ;)

I wonder which one The Sea is. :mrgreen:
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:45 pm

The Sea is Mine, if you move to China, keep in mind that they already have an overabundance of males because they've killed off much of their female population through abortion. Funny how a population that is supposed to be so smart can do this.
:roll: