Private Topics subforum

Post your questions and suggestions here.
Pyrrho
Administrator

Private Topics subforum

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:31 am

I've set up a "Private Topics" subforum for discussion of topics without them being searchable by search engines or visible to guests or registered users who are not logged in and who are not a member of the "Private Topics" user group.

To gain access, go to your User Control Panel, find the Group tab, and join the "Private Topics" user group.

That should give you access. The "Private Topics" subforum will be 'way down at the bottom of the forum. Let me know if you don't get access by joining the user group and I'll fix the damn thing with a paper clip and chewing gum.

ucp.php?i=167

Usual forum rules still apply, with the additional restriction that the forum administrator may not unilaterally move topics there without first discussing it with the users involved in the discussion and with the originator of the topic. This is to prevent the arbitrary moving of topics just because the administrator's tummy is upset.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

octopus1
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Deep Sea Mollusk

Re: Private Topics subforum

Postby octopus1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:07 am

Pyrrho wrote:I've set up a "Private Topics" subforum for discussion of topics without them being searchable by search engines or visible to guests or registered users who are not logged in and who are not a member of the "Private Topics" user group.

To gain access, go to your User Control Panel, find the Group tab, and join the "Private Topics" user group.

That should give you access. The "Private Topics" subforum will be 'way down at the bottom of the forum. Let me know if you don't get access by joining the user group and I'll fix the damn thing with a paper clip and chewing gum.

ucp.php?i=167

Usual forum rules still apply, with the additional restriction that the forum administrator may not unilaterally move topics there without first discussing it with the users involved in the discussion and with the originator of the topic. This is to prevent the arbitrary moving of topics just because the administrator's tummy is upset.

I found the sub-forum and userlist no problem. I'm not sure I'm a "member" though. Probably my own fault! There was no method to "join" it that I could find.

(I added the redaction, but I still can't see a way of "putting my name to it" ;))

[EDIT: I added the Image.]
"On the fence".... Without a cushion....

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:47 am

There should be a long list of groups. Next to each one is a small "radio button". Click that button. 'Way at the bottom is a "Join Selected" option. Make sure "Join Selected" is selected and click "Submit".

That is the forum equivalent of a secret handshake.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:07 am

I'm curious of the need.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:19 am

I moved the Shermer and Radford discussions there. Trying to have a way for people to discuss the situation without it being open to the world. Legal situations and all that; want to keep the forum out of it as much as reasonably possible, especially considering the Shermer/Myers situation. Plenty of palaver about it on other sites. Here, I have to play it carefully. There's more elaboration on that theme in that section.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:35 am

There's a palaver?

I guess I don't subscribe to the right channels.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

octopus1
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Deep Sea Mollusk

Postby octopus1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Figured it out ;)
"On the fence".... Without a cushion....

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:There's a palaver?

You have to get the frequency from Kenneth.

Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Postby Daedalus » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:There's a palaver?

You have to get the frequency from Kenneth.

He has good Benzedrine though.
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

Return to “Help Desk”