Hi everyone!

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
User avatar
Antonio94
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:07 am
Location: England
Contact:

Hi everyone!

Postby Antonio94 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:45 am

Hi everyone! I'm Antonio, 23 years old, currently I'm working as a writer for a blog.
I consider myself quite a gamer and I play quite variety of games but mostly RPG games (like Witcher 3, Dragon Age Origins, Skyrim) though.
I'm also mostly into spiritual matter and sometimes I do read tarot.
I hope to learn and share experience with you guys. Thanks!

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Aztexan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:44 am

There's a sanity check box near the entrance, if you don't mind. You can have it back when you leave.
{!#%@} trump!

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7615
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby TJrandom » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:53 am

Hi Antonio... I get into spiritual matter with my wife from time to time - we normally just call it sex. No offense, but I do hope we don`t have to share it with you, especially if you are into using carrots.

velcome....

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19743
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:11 am

Hi Antonio, welcome to SSF. :wave:


(MMMajor! Customer! :-P)
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8214
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Poodle » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi Antonio. Stick to Skyrim - trying spiritual matters or tarot here is not advisable unless you enjoy being scourged with coarse sandpaper. On the other hand, if you enjoy a bit of rough, help yourself.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19764
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:12 pm

Poodle wrote:Hi Antonio. Stick to Skyrim - trying spiritual matters or tarot here is not advisable unless you enjoy being scourged with coarse sandpaper. On the other hand, if you enjoy a bit of rough, help yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxHbO1MHXuI
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11010
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Antonio94 wrote:Hi everyone! I'm Antonio, 23 years old, currently I'm working as a writer for a blog.

What did you last write about? Link??

I'm very much into baking and not repairing my house that is falling apart around me. aka: my personal interests have nothing to do with this forum.

I assume you are familiar with the Hegelian Dialectic? What is your Thesis?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29411
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Gord » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:38 pm

:wave:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10510
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Aztexan wrote:There's a sanity check box near the entrance, if you don't mind. You can have it back when you leave.


Naughty naughty! You didn't tell him that there is some sort of toxic contaminant in there, and it will be horribly warped when he gets it back.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Aztexan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:03 am

That toxic contaminant is one of the most respected and well-liked members here. I will not have you insult him like that.
{!#%@} trump!

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:14 am

Antonio94 wrote:Hi everyone! I'm Antonio, 23 years old, currently I'm working as a writer for a blog.
I consider myself quite a gamer and I play quite variety of games but mostly RPG games (like Witcher 3, Dragon Age Origins, Skyrim) though.
I'm also mostly into spiritual matter and sometimes I do read tarot.
I hope to learn and share experience with you guys. Thanks!

Hi, Antonio! Pleased to meet you. For which blog are you writing?

I'm a gamer too, mostly FPA, although I spend some time in Minecraft's creative mode.

I'm curious. You say you're into "spiritual matters," but you've joined a skeptics' forum. May I ask what you hope to learn?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19743
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:25 am

Hi newcomer Nikki. I could swear we have your twin as a member here. Which one of you is the evil one? ;)



Spoiler:
(Probably the one that nyxed Luna. :heh:)
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:34 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Hi newcomer Nikki. I could swear we have your twin as a member here. Which one of you is the evil one? ;)



Spoiler:
(Probably the one that nyxed Luna. :heh:)

Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10510
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:33 pm

Aztexan wrote:That toxic contaminant is one of the most respected and well-liked members here. I will not have you insult him like that.


OK, then how will you have me insult him?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7615
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby TJrandom » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:37 pm

I am afraid that we may have scared him off... maybe it was in the cards.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11010
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 pm

If the newcomer was me...........its because I was tired, drunk, and/or sleepy and signed up and forgot I ever signed up. Or remember I did but can't find the site again.

I blame Bill Gates.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6001
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Flash » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Aztexan wrote:
That toxic contaminant is one of the most respected and well-liked members here. I will not have you insult him like that
.
We have a poster called "Toxic Contaminant"? How {!#%@} original. :blink:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 972
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:56 am

Welcome and hope you have a good time while you're on here.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26754
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:11 am

I'm going to simply watch and wait. Matt MVS7's latest sock puppet stopped posting and this new person immediately turns up with a similar style avatar as a previous Matt MSV7 sock puppet.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:04 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:I'm going to simply watch and wait. Matt MVS7's latest sock puppet stopped posting and this new person immediately turns up with a similar style avatar as a previous Matt MSV7 sock puppet.

The names too...Omniverse, OmniConsUme...Anthony, Antonio94.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26754
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:11 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:The names too...Omniverse, OmniConsUme...Anthony, Antonio94.
Trolls who use numerous sock puppets, are creatures of habit.

Matt MSV7, historically, had so many different sock puppets running on so many different forums, that he had to have a system. For his main sock puppet, on our forum we had MarkgaB5, Cobalt6, Matt MSV7 and Omniverse ( Omniverse10 is a cartoon character)


Matt MSV7 would also start minor sock puppets, to add thanks to his main sock-puppet. Thus we had Kyle OConner and Miles Cordell. (Pyrrho banned a whole lot of Matt MSV7's sock puppets in one go, a couple year ago)
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22323&p=382737&hilit=miles+cordell#p382684

Here is a photo that I'm pretty sure is Matt MSV7, five years ago, wearing a wig and holding up his university card with a photo of himself wearing the same wig. ( I have other photos of Matt MSV7 saved from You tube) He was pretending to be English but forgot that England is in another time zone. He makes that mistake a lot.
aphrodites child.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Aztexan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:32 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Aztexan wrote:That toxic contaminant is one of the most respected and well-liked members here. I will not have you insult him like that.


OK, then how will you have me insult him?


Mime it
{!#%@} trump!

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Aztexan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Flash wrote:Aztexan wrote:
That toxic contaminant is one of the most respected and well-liked members here. I will not have you insult him like that
.
We have a poster called "Toxic Contaminant"? How {!#%@} original. :blink:


A bunch of us are here putting a band together. That's going to be our name. You got any better suggestions? Do you play any instruments?
{!#%@} trump!

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:17 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:The names too...Omniverse, OmniConsUme...Anthony, Antonio94.
Trolls who use numerous sock puppets, are creatures of habit.
Agreed. I remember one from a political forum I used to frequent. He was instantly recognizable by his writing style and his similar screen names.

Matthew Ellard wrote:Matt MSV7, historically, had so many different sock puppets running on so many different forums, that he had to have a system. For his main sock puppet, on our forum we had MarkgaB5, Cobalt6, Matt MSV7 and Omniverse ( Omniverse10 is a cartoon character)

Matt MSV7 would also start minor sock puppets, to add thanks to his main sock-puppet. Thus we had Kyle OConner and Miles Cordell. (Pyrrho banned a whole lot of Matt MSV7's sock puppets in one go, a couple year ago)
There should be a "one member per IP address" rule.

Matthew Ellard wrote:Here is a photo that I'm pretty sure is Matt MSV7, five years ago, wearing a wig and holding up his university card with a photo of himself wearing the same wig. ( I have other photos of Matt MSV7 saved from You tube) He was pretending to be English but forgot that England is in another time zone. He makes that mistake a lot. aphrodites child.jpg
I got suspicious when I got PMs from Omniverse and Anthony one after the other.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:23 pm

Aztexan wrote:
Flash wrote:Aztexan wrote:
That toxic contaminant is one of the most respected and well-liked members here. I will not have you insult him like that
.
We have a poster called "Toxic Contaminant"? How {!#%@} original. :blink:


A bunch of us are here putting a band together. That's going to be our name. You got any better suggestions? Do you play any instruments?

I play rhythm guitar and keyboards, and I sing (my range is F2 to G5). :mrgreen: Suggestion for an appropriate cover song, sung here by the incomparable Tim Curry:
https://youtu.be/hr4knvNNgtU
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29411
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Gord » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:05 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:Trolls who use numerous sock puppets, are creatures of habit.

I'm not!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8214
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Poodle » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:13 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:Here is a photo that I'm pretty sure is Matt MSV7, five years ago, wearing a wig and holding up his university card with a photo of himself wearing the same wig. ( I have other photos of Matt MSV7 saved from You tube) He was pretending to be English but forgot that England is in another time zone. He makes that mistake a lot. aphrodites child.jpg

No - Aphrodite's Child was a miserable little {!#%@} with a marked psychiatric problem, whereas MattMSV7 is ... Hang on - you may have a point there.
Meanwhile ... Earth calling Antonio94 ... Come in, Antonio94 .... ... Hello?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19743
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Trolls who use numerous sock puppets, are creatures of habit.

I'm not!

a nun?
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6001
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Flash » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Aztexan wrote:
A bunch of us are here putting a band together. That's going to be our name. You got any better suggestions? Do you play any instruments?

Yeap, I am very good on vuvuzela and I can kick a trash can at the same time.

And in order to acknowledge your leading role in the band we should call it Ruben and his Toxic Contaminants, eh? :mrgreen:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29411
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Gord » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:28 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Trolls who use numerous sock puppets, are creatures of habit.

I'm not!

a nun?

A meth head.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Aztexan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:46 am

Meth head
Lyrics by Gord

I'm a meth head
I'm a meth head
(Repeat 24x)
Rhythm guitar solo overshadowed by the {!#%@} vuvuzela

Chorus:
Nyaaarghhh
Agghhhhhh


Repeat chorus

Close the {!#%@} blinds
There's someone out there, man
Picking through the carpet for more
Skin crawling


Fade
{!#%@} trump!

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8214
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Poodle » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Oh - Aztexan!! I saw the upper case A and came over all excited. Y'know - just for a moment there ...

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29411
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Gord » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:31 pm

Antonio94 has also posted here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93076-hi-everyone/

Obsidian.net is a gaming forum. I used to post there, I think, a long time ago. (It might have been a different obsidian.net ...?)

Edit: Oh wait, I'm thinking of Obsidian Portal.

Edit 2: No, there was a third one. Obsidian...something-or-other. Obsidian Exile? Obsidian Sword? Obsidian Gauntlet? Jeez I can't remember anymore.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19743
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:42 pm

Obsidian this?
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7615
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby TJrandom » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Gord wrote:Antonio94 has also posted here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93076-hi-everyone/

Obsidian.net is a gaming forum. I used to post there, I think, a long time ago. (It might have been a different obsidian.net ...?) ...


Sooooo is he gambling on his carrot cards?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29411
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Gord » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:14 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Obsidian this?

Nooooo.

TJrandom wrote:
Gord wrote:Antonio94 has also posted here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93076-hi-everyone/

Obsidian.net is a gaming forum. I used to post there, I think, a long time ago. (It might have been a different obsidian.net ...?) ...


Sooooo is he gambling on his carrot cards?

Yyyyye...maybe.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE


Return to “The Nexus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest