Gorgeous is Gorgeously unique

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Re: Gorgeous is Gorgeously unique

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:20 pm

Dont confuse the Headline with the substance.

http://phys.org/news/2014-08-d-hologram ... verse.html

The study is about: "How can we build an experiment that directly reveals the discrete character of space-time information at the Planck scale?

Hologram is troll bait.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:29 pm

it's a hologram test...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:35 pm

gorgeous wrote:it's a hologram test...

Funny, but very specifically it is not. It has NOTHING TO DO with holograms. Headlines are troll bait....... don't get caught.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:39 pm

wiki-----The Fermilab Holometer in Illinois is under construction and is intended to be the world's most sensitive laser interferometer when complete, surpassing the sensitivity of the GEO600 and LIGO systems, and theoretically able to detect holographic fluctuations in spacetime.[1][2][3]---------------it's named for holograms to find if holograms exist...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Yep.... controlled by labels. "This is not the hologram you seek."

Stuck on the headlines. An adolescent's mistake that most will grow out of.

See https://holometer.fnal.gov/

"Holometer

The Fermilab Holometer is a new kind of instrument designed to study the quantum character of space itself. It measures the quantum coherence of location with unprecedented precision.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:53 pm

detect holographic fluctuations in spacetime

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:56 pm

If by holographic you mean:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle

The holographic principle is a property of string theories and a supposed property of quantum gravity that states that the description of a volume of space can be thought of as encoded on a boundary to the region—preferably a light-like boundary like a gravitational horizon. First proposed by Gerard 't Hooft, it was given a precise string-theory interpretation by Leonard Susskind[1] who combined his ideas with previous ones of 't Hooft and Charles Thorn.[1][2] As pointed out by Raphael Bousso,[3] Thorn observed in 1978 that string theory admits a lower-dimensional description in which gravity emerges from it in what would now be called a holographic way.

................then we are in complete agreement.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Postby Lausten » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:20 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Dont confuse the Headline with the substance.

http://phys.org/news/2014-08-d-hologram ... verse.html

The study is about: "How can we build an experiment that directly reveals the discrete character of space-time information at the Planck scale?

Hologram is troll bait.

Hit the nail on the head there Bobbo. Gorgeous is all headline, no substance.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:27 pm

hologram...deal with it...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:41 pm

gorgeous wrote:hologram...deal with it...

Hologram as defined....we agree. How is that not dealing with it?

Hmmmm.........maybe............you mean some other kind of hologram? Pray tell.........what kind of hologram are you thinking of? Not a projection from Aliens........shirley?

Ha, ha.........................then.............are you batshit crazy, or just pretending?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:00 pm

how many holograms are there?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:29 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: .are you batshit crazy, or just pretending?
My long term suspicion is that you are dealing with "damaged goods" and it's a lost cause.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:22 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:If by holographic you mean:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle

The holographic principle is a property of string theories and a supposed property of quantum gravity that states that the description of a volume of space can be thought of as encoded on a boundary to the region—preferably a light-like boundary like a gravitational horizon. First proposed by Gerard 't Hooft, it was given a precise string-theory interpretation by Leonard Susskind[1] who combined his ideas with previous ones of 't Hooft and Charles Thorn.[1][2] As pointed out by Raphael Bousso,[3] Thorn observed in 1978 that string theory admits a lower-dimensional description in which gravity emerges from it in what would now be called a holographic way.

................then we are in complete agreement.

The holographic principle has been explained already to gorgeous several times around the forum. The problem with that is that she doesn't understand what it means, and never will. Had it been simply labelled "Theory of the description of a volume of space as encoded on a boundary to the region" then this problem wouldn't exist - the wooistas wouldn't have understood that at all. But no - those scientificky types have to go and use the word 'hologram', thus providing sackfuls of ammunition.

We never had these problems before we allowed lizards into our scientific establishments.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:24 am

You know, thats sad, because I like lizards.

Well, there are two types of people in the world: those who engage batshit crazy people or those who pretend they are batshit crazy, and those who don't.

I've had my fill.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:33 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:You know, thats sad, because I like lizards.

Well, there are two types of people in the world: those who engage batshit crazy people or those who pretend they are batshit crazy, and those who don't.

I've had my fill.

No - not lizards. LIZARDS! From Arcturus.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:35 am

But I don't like LIZARDS.

I do like lizards, turtles too..........and rational people.

(smile!)

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:29 pm

gorgeous wrote:how many holograms are there?

Do you live near New York City? If so, I extremely strongly recommend going here:

http://holocenter.org/news/this-summer- ... ors-island

This coming weekend is the last two days for it this year.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:32 am

zeuzzz...shame on you for sleazy video....

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:06 am

how about this?---------Scientists show future events decide what happens in the past

http://www.digitaljournal.com/science/e ... .../434829 ---------An experiment by Australian scientists has proven that what happens to particles in the past is only decided when they are observed and measured in the future. Until such time, reality is just an abstraction. -------------Quantum laws tend to contradict common sense. At that level, one thing can be two different things simultaneously and be at two different places at the same time. Two particles can be entangled and, when one changes its state, the other will also do so immediately, even if they are at opposite ends of the universe – seemingly acting faster than the speed of light.
Particles can also tunnel through solid objects, which should normally be impenetrable barriers, like a ghost passing through a wall. And now scientists have proven that, what is happening to a particle now, isn't governed by what has happened to it in the past, but by what state it is in the future – effectively meaning that, at a subatomic level, time can go backwards. --------reality is just an abstraction, particles can tunnel through solid objects....time is an illusion....and the particles seem to have consciousness following the actions of the other.......it's good when science proves you right.... :D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:31 am

gorgeous wrote:how about this?---------Scientists show future events decide what happens in the past
http://www.digitaljournal.com/science/e ... .../434829 ---------An experiment by Australian scientists

This is the third time you have posted this debunked story. Stop spamming your religious crap.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:39 pm

recycled crisis actor.... https://youtu.be/PkOxuEAk9FE

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:52 pm

gorgeous wrote:what did icke say that was false?

"I used to be a footballer".

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:50 pm

how about the two videos I posted of crisis actors appearing at multiple attack sites??

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 pm

Gorgeous, I cannot and would not argue against the possibility of unscrupulous commercial news channels using unsuccessful ex-drama students in their 'shock, horror' coverage. But so what? Are you trying to suggest that if this was true, then the underlying event never happened? Because, you know, that doesn't follow.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:47 pm

yes...it shows pre-planning...how was she in the right place at the right time again and again and again---paris girl and blond??? they knew what was going to happen in different cities and in different countries...

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:06 am

That really is jumping to conclusions. Let's take it apart.

Someone who definitely looks like the same woman appears in the same tearful state in videos made by a company which may or may not (probably not) have access to where the real action is going on. Said company is, basically, in the business of making money from their news reports. Said company uses Joanna, the junior editing techie who has done this successfully before, to once more perform her tearful routine. Then said company makes every attempt to sell their footage. This is what such companies do - it is their reason for existence, and they have to produce something or else their advertisers will go away and spend their budgets with someone more effective.

To make videos like that, you don't actually have to be anywhere near the place where all the real action is taking place. You don't even need to be in the same country.

What you're complaining about, gorgeous, is the fact that some commercial companies can actually be quite cynical about their revenue-raising methods. I trust that's not too big a surprise. To make the assumption that a small-time news channel using actors to give the impression that they're at the hub of international interest bears any relationship to actuality is paranoid.

It shows pre-planning, certainly - but that's on the part of the video makers and implies nothing whatsoever about the truth of what actually happened. It's knee-jerking of the worst kind.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:22 am

not paranoid when you have seen the 'coincidences' for years...the media is controlled and manipulates and is in on the 'attacks'...

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:25 am

I'm guilty of an assumption. I assumed that you actually lived in the US, gorgeous.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:49 am

These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America ...
www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corpora ... ontrol-9...

Business Insider
Jun 14, 2012 - This infographic created by Jason at Frugal Dad shows that almost all media comes from the same six sources. That's consolidated from 50 ...

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:51 am

Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.--- Noam Chomsky

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:19 am

Must all be true, then.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:06 am

Was wondering what that big WHOOSHing sound was earlier. And I still seem to be hearing what might be a lonely gear whizzing in a vacuum...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:12 am

Poodle wrote:I'm guilty of an assumption. I assumed that you actually lived in the US, gorgeous.
She lives in California.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:14 am

gorgeous wrote:yes...it shows pre-planning...how was she in the right place at the right time again and again and again---paris girl and blond??? they knew what was going to happen in different cities and in different countries...

No you are lying again. This was debunked years ago. The original woman's name from Sandy Hook is Jennifer Greenberg, who was not in Paris last week.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:34 am

Tech billionaires convinced we live in the Matrix are secretly funding ...

www.independent.co.uk/life.../computer- ... elon-mus...

Oct 6, 2016 - ... humans out of the simulation that they believe that it is living in, according to a new report. ... We are living in a computer simulation, Elon Musk says ... funding scientists in an effort to try and break us out of that simulation. ---------------see there??

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:48 am

gorgeous wrote:Tech billionaires convinced we live in the Matrix are secretly funding ...

No Gorgeous.
"According to this week’s New Yorker profile of Y Combinator venture capitalist Sam Altman, there are two tech billionaires secretly engaging scientists to work on breaking us out of the simulation. But what does this mean? And what evidence is there that we are, in fact, living in The Matrix?"

Did you note the date on that claim and that, in reality, no such experiment ever took place? :lol:

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:32 am

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:42 am

...and here's one of the blokes from the pub who made it!
Make a crop circle.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:51 pm

yeah right.........why are so called logical people so dumb?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:02 am

Well, if they are "so-called", it explains itself.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Return to “The Nexus”