What TF Are You Watching?

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon May 08, 2017 7:11 am

This guy, Sir SIC, doesn't get enough love. He's a British YouTube ranter with a strong skeptical bent. Covers a lot ground with interesting and (usually) really well-researched arguments. Funny as {!#%@} sometimes, too.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun May 14, 2017 4:28 am

A German regional TV weather report, where the TV station's cat joins in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV3GI-tIdWs

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Mon May 22, 2017 7:38 am

Right, here we go then:

NSFW

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon May 22, 2017 9:13 am

I dunno. I had a boss whose every {!#%@} second {!#%@} word was {!#%@} {!#%@}.

And, of course, George Carlin's list of seven dirty words...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbZhpf3sQxQ
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Sat May 27, 2017 2:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q45YvTXyPgk

British comedy news talk show tries to make sense of Trump for ten minutes before moving on to other news. :heh:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun May 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Bugger Matt and his tanks.

Planes are the thing.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun May 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:Bugger Matt and his tanks. Planes are the thing.

Hah! Aircraft are toys, for nancyboys, who can't do a real man's job.

I must go down to my tank again, to the plains of dirt and sludge
And all I ask is a Panzer five and a gunner, whom I can nudge
"See that Russian armour, put a hole between it's eyes"
"Kill that commie bastard, to them say all goodbyes"

I must go down to my tank again, where metal sinks so low,
I'd open maps and point towards east and say "turn left for Moscow"
My beautiful tanks would roar alive, I'd put them in a line,
"{!#%@}" my driver warns me they've snuck up from behind!"

"Oh crap, not again" I shout aloud, Don't let the Ruskkies pass!"
as 7.62 mm comes flying, rather quickly, up my arse.
"It's warm in here", I'd tell the crew, "I think that we should drive",
I'd contemplate my iron box and next, being burnt alive!


(Apologies to the original poet, John Masefield)

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun May 28, 2017 11:51 pm

They're sitting ducks, these days. What are the projected survival hours in a tank before you explode?
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon May 29, 2017 12:12 am

Major Malfunction wrote:They're sitting ducks, these days. What are the projected survival hours in a tank before you explode?
Not long. I'd rather be in a tank blowing up, than one that burns slowly. :D

War Films are just bad films
I've been watching rare land battle war movies from the 80's up to date. They are all terrible. It's as though there is a fixed list of ten scenes that have to appear in every movie.
* Soldier makes friend with innocent civilian family who are all dead in next scene,
* Old soldier has sobbing scene on his own, hiding from his troops,
* Coward becomes beserker after seeing some outrageous scene,
* One on One exchange scene of (bread, girlfriend's photo, cigarette) with enemy soldier,
* Illiterate sergeant knows more than, wet behind ears, officer, in command,
* A five second love scene with nurse or letter to unseen girlfriend,
* Big battle scene where every actor is either looking and running [i]left
off screen or right off screen.
* "Best friend" dying scene, [/i]

One weird sub genre was Russian war films of the 80's & 90's. Despite guns being all around them, in the big hand to hand battle scenes, the Russian all use shovels, ice-picks, bayonets, lumps of wood and so on. In one surreal film the Russian soldier attacks the Germans with a wooden stool. (It may have been some cultural thing I simply didn't understand)

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon May 29, 2017 12:21 am

About one and a half hours after being spotted. Average.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9890
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 am
Location: Woostone

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby fromthehills » Mon May 29, 2017 6:51 am

We had Dragon gunners in our company. 11 H, if I recall. The Dragon was a disposable anti tank weapon fired off the shoulder. Wire guided, so the soldier had to guide this slow ass missile in by eye, essentially. Which meant, the tank could see it coming, rotate turret and fire before they got hit. It was said that the life expectancy of a Dragon gunner was 8 seconds, once they pulled that trigger.

User avatar
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9890
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 am
Location: Woostone

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby fromthehills » Mon May 29, 2017 6:54 am


User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 12415
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby JO 753 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:Bugger Matt and his tanks.

Planes are the thing.



Exellent CGI dogfites.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Tue May 30, 2017 8:12 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:* A five second love scene with nurse or letter to unseen girlfriend

A five second love scene with a letter to an unseen girlfriend? :befuddled:

Image
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed May 31, 2017 12:06 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:* A five second love scene with nurse or letter to unseen girlfriend
Gord wrote:A five second love scene with a letter to an unseen girlfriend? :befuddled:

Fair enough. I wasn't very clear.

In essence, there are some German members of our forum in the Anti-holocaust denial subforum. Thankfully holocaust denial has collapsed over the last three to five years and therefore conversations have turned to other matters, such as neo-nazi propaganda films. Some of the German members discussed super cheap war films made by German re-enactors and I bought and watched those films. (Ostensibly to look for authentic German WWII tanks and note them down, as I am a bit weird).

In all the big budget and low budget war films, there is always the same scene of a caring and loving (Russian, German, American, Japanese) soldier either writing to his girlfriend or having a fling with a beautiful nurse at a field hospital. This scene turns up in every film like clockwork.

(We could have a strange contest where members name (land battle) war films and I have to identify this scene in each film)
:D

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby gorgeous » Wed May 31, 2017 1:07 pm

Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Wed May 31, 2017 8:49 pm

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:13 pm

Here's something I just stumbled upon and found quite interesting. It's a person discussing free speech. While I don't agree with everything said, I don't strongly disagree with enough of it to find substantial fault in it.

Also, Hitchens gets dissed. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6fbw6T5NRg
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7643
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby TJrandom » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:38 pm

Somewhere in the debate on free speech should be the freedom to not be forced to listen - maybe that is the freedom to deplatform.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:45 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Gord wrote:Right, here we go then:

NSFW


Susie Dent has a load of 'em:

The REAL Origins Of S**T? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nScKN6mp058
The REAL Origins Of BO***CKS? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StxFdxTVjWI
The REAL Origins Of T**T? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmhLm4VnAI

You can watch them all at Channel 4's "Susie Dent's Guide to Swearing", unless you can't, in which case ... youtube. :P

And don't forget they're all :nsfw: . Because she talks about the words.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:59 am

TJrandom wrote:Somewhere in the debate on free speech should be the freedom to not be forced to listen - maybe that is the freedom to deplatform.

I often lament the fact that evolution didn't grant us earlids.

However, evolution did give us legs to walk away. If you double the distance it's a quarter as loud.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:42 am

This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:25 am

Gord wrote:Here's something I just stumbled upon and found quite interesting. It's a person discussing free speech. While I don't agree with everything said, I don't strongly disagree with enough of it to find substantial fault in it.

Also, Hitchens gets dissed. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6fbw6T5NRg

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to write your comment so as to avoid using a pronoun? :wgrin: I recently suggested in a different forum that the LGBTQIA community should create a pronoun, and was told that they/them/their had been appropriated by those who are gender-neutral, -fluid, -queer, etc., or for use in situations when you're not certain which pronoun to use. My suggestion that a new, singular pronoun would be better was agreed with, but grammar was considered to be a trivial problem, which I can understand.

I thought the narrator made a number of excellent points, and pretty much ground Hitchens into the dirt. If the idea is to give special weight to the speech of marginalized groups, then you don't get to randomly elevate one such group over another, giving special weight to the one while shutting down the other completely. And I disagree that the racist is more marginalized than the person of color. All the racist has to do to avoid marginalization is be quiet and, frankly, he doesn't have to be spewing his ideology at the top of his lungs 24/7. The person of color can't separate from his genetic identity, or even mask it.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:11 am

LunaNik wrote:Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to write your comment so as to avoid using a pronoun? :wgrin:

I just zipped it off. I'm used to it by now.

I recently suggested in a different forum that the LGBTQIA community should create a pronoun, and was told that they/them/their had been appropriated by those who are gender-neutral, -fluid, -queer, etc., or for use in situations when you're not certain which pronoun to use. My suggestion that a new, singular pronoun would be better was agreed with, but grammar was considered to be a trivial problem, which I can understand.

There have been attempts to create English gender-neutral pronouns, but none of them have taken. Like these, for instance: https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/#a2

HE/SHE -- zie, sie, ey, ve, tey, e
HIM/HER -- zim, sie, em, ver, ter, em
HIS/HER -- zir, hir, eir, vis, tem, eir
HIS/HERS -- zis, hirs, eirs, vers, ters, eirs
HIMSELF/HERSELF -- zis, hirs, eirs, vers, ters, eirs

Personally, I tried using "it" for most pronouns back in university, but that didn't catch on either. It should have worked, dammit! We already use "it" without realising it! Just imagine someone has knocked on your door and you call out, "Who is it?" It's just natural to follow with, "...and what does it want?"
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:12 am

"It's a boy!"
"What's it's name?"
"We're calling it Herman!"
"Awwww, it's so cute. Hi Herman!"
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:08 am

Gord wrote:There have been attempts to create English gender-neutral pronouns, but none of them have taken. Like these, for instance: https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/#a2

HE/SHE -- zie, sie, ey, ve, tey, e
HIM/HER -- zim, sie, em, ver, ter, em
HIS/HER -- zir, hir, eir, vis, tem, eir
HIS/HERS -- zis, hirs, eirs, vers, ters, eirs
HIMSELF/HERSELF -- zis, hirs, eirs, vers, ters, eirs

I quite like some of those! It becomes cumbersome writing "s/he" and "him/her." And even that offends some people. A decent, inclusive, gender-neutral pronoun would be awesome.

Gord wrote:Personally, I tried using "it" for most pronouns back in university, but that didn't catch on either. It should have worked, dammit! We already use "it" without realising it! Just imagine someone has knocked on your door and you call out, "Who is it?" It's just natural to follow with, "...and what does it want?"

I never realized that, but you're right! This should catch on, since it is neutral. Of course, there would be people who would be offended that you were failing to recognize their gender.
Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:44 am

My personal pronoun is THE LORD God Emperor.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:22 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:My personal pronoun is THE LORD God Emperor.

Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Major Malfunction » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:05 am

That's my favourite book in the series. Poor Duncan.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:27 am

Not Safe For Work.

Frankie Boyle. He's cruel, profane, foul-mouthed, and hilarious.

:nsfw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdACEzbjG-w
:nsfw:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:42 am

Gord wrote:...Susie Dent has a load of 'em....

Here's a-bloody-nother one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nsRQiGVSJU

Zooterkins! I'm bumfuzzled!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Major Malfunction » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Bloody's in the Bible,
Bloody's in The Book.
If you don't bloody believe me,
Then bloody take a look.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 12415
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby JO 753 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:02 pm

I'm sure this will sound quaint and amuzing to you forinerz - here in America, bloody meanz that there iz blood on sumthing. Usually, its a wall or sidewok or the inside uv a car, all plasez where Americanz commonly get shot. If sumwun sez 'bloody' this or that az an exclamation, they sound British and its az much uv a swear az 'tarnation' or 'fiddle dee dee'.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:36 pm

JO 753 wrote:I'm sure this will sound quaint and amuzing to you forinerz - here in America, bloody meanz that there iz blood on sumthing. Usually, its a wall or sidewok or the inside uv a car, all plasez where Americanz commonly get shot. If sumwun sez 'bloody' this or that az an exclamation, they sound British and its az much uv a swear az 'tarnation' or 'fiddle dee dee'.

All true, which is why I love using the word in situations when I can't use other profanity. Americans are more used to it as profanity after hearing Ron say, "Bloody hell!" a million times during the Harry Potter movies.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Major Malfunction » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:16 pm

Sometimes, JO, and I don't mean to alarm you. But sometimes words can have more than one meaning. It's something the English discovered a while ago.

Like the statement, "I hate walking up these bloody stairs," may just refer to the displeasure of having to exert oneself, rather than ascending a stairway of cascading blood.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 10321
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am
Contact:

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Pyrrho » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Season 1 of Murder, She Wrote. Pilot episode.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 12415
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby JO 753 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:01 am

Dats weeeerd, man!
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Gord » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:50 am

Pyrrho wrote:Season 1 of Murder, She Wrote. Pilot episode.

The Murder of Sherlock Holmes? :befuddled:

Just imagine, if Jessica hadn't gone to that costume party, she never would have gotten involved in solving all those murders and all those crimes would have gone unsolved.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 10321
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am
Contact:

Re: What TF Are You Watching?

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:37 am

And we wouldn't have had to watch abysmal characters such as Grady.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.


Return to “The Nexus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest