Announcement

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Announcement

Postby Chachacha » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:54 pm

From now on, I want humor in every post. If you can't think of something funny to add to your post, don't post.

I will call out any and everyone who dares to post without including a humerous comment.

This is only the first of many threads I will start to tell people what I expect of them.

Everyone else is free to determine what they want people to post and what they don't want people to post and to post it ... repeatedly. There is no limit to the number of threads you can start telling people what you don't like about everyone's posts. There is no limit to the number of times you can start a new thread saying the same thing you've said in all the threads before it. There is no limit to the number of posts you can post to satisfy your desire to tell other people what you don't want or don't want them to post, and more importantly, there is no requirement that you post anything but what you want others to post: no need to waste your time commenting on the topic of other people's threads, what you want is all that matters. Controlling others is all that matters. Controlling yourself is not required.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Skeptical Berserker

Re: Announcement

Postby bigtim » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:43 pm

I want to see boobs in every post.... dammit!
~
BigTim
"I'm not entirely convinced that ValHalla isn't real."

ShadowSot
Poster
Custom Title: Monkey

Postby ShadowSot » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:49 pm

HUMOR.

There y'are.
"The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools".

– Thucydides

HUMOR

Leto Atreides
Poster
Custom Title: God-emperor of Dune

Postby Leto Atreides » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 pm

I was recently accused of being "one of those people who tries to be funny" every chance I get.

It's nice to have a place to try to make people smile a little, so thanks! This is a good call-for.

And it's nice to have a leader, ThreeChas, so be sure to tell me when I've messed up... or start a thread devoted to the subject of my lameness.

Here's something humorous my daughter asked the other day: "Dad, how do pirates go potty?"

I think my eyes glazed over, and I was non-responsive for a while just absorbed in trying to answer the question appropriately.
"If wrestling is good enough for John Irving, then martial arts is probably good enough for the other leading minds of America." ~Matthew Ellard

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Postby bigtim » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Leto Atreides wrote:Here's something humorous my daughter asked the other day: "Dad, how do pirates go potty?"

Ah, I had that qustion years ago. So I answered very accurately and pulled out a book I have that shows the crapper in the after end of the ship.
~

BigTim

ShadowSot
Poster
Custom Title: Monkey

Postby ShadowSot » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:43 pm

Here's something humorous my daughter asked the other day: "Dad, how do pirates go potty?"

Yar, that'd be easy. it be thar on th' poop deck, swabbie.
"The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools".

– Thucydides

HUMOR

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:45 pm

Woudnt that eb the 'poop deck'?

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: ViewClearerFromAbove

Postby HghrSymmetry » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:48 pm

*smoochie*?

(tee-hee!)

Leto Atreides
Poster

Postby Leto Atreides » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:49 pm

Ha!

I struggled for anything accurate, bt, and SS, the poop-deck gag occurred to me. But then she'd just ask what a poop deck is, why it has nothing to do with pooping, and then she'd walk around everywhere talking about going to the "toot-deck". Recently, the little sweety was told she couldn't attend a function the missus and I were off to, and she stamped her foot, "If you don't let me come, I'll toot on you!"

I'm enjoying her childishness while it lasts; in ten years she'll be complaining that I don't buy her a car. lol
"If wrestling is good enough for John Irving, then martial arts is probably good enough for the other leading minds of America." ~Matthew Ellard

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 pm

OK OK! Lets ee if I can get with the program here. Cha iz obviously commenting on Landrew, but that duznt mean shez not serious, so...

For my previous post, can 2 consecutive 'o'z count az boobz?

If not can I post Pandora links for credit? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXSvRlc2cGw

Leto Atreides
Poster

Postby Leto Atreides » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:53 pm

I like it in this here thread, I feel safe and relaxed. Might stay here forevaaaaahhhhhhh.

A favorite joke - I'm an old Deadhead:

How do you hide valuables from a Deadhead? ~ you hide them under the soap.

What does a Deadhead say when the pot wears off? ~"What is this horrible s**t we're listening to?"

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:57 pm

Chachacha wrote:From now on, I want humor in every post. If you can't think of something funny to add to your post, don't post.

Does it have to be tasteful or can we go for cheap laffs?

I will call out any and everyone who dares to post without including a humerous comment.

I would have a bone to pick with humerus comments.

This is only the first of many threads I will start to tell people what I expect of them.

Controlling yourself is not required.

Phew! I was getting worried there for a moment.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Chachacha » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:57 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Chachacha wrote:From now on, I want humor in every post. If you can't think of something funny to add to your post, don't post.

Does it have to be tasteful or can we go for cheap laffs?

Now that's funny!

OlegTheBatty wrote:I would have a bone to pick with humerus comments.

Since you made me laugh, I shall not address you as "Mr. Poopie Head" when I say, I saw that! I had to leave but it was my intention to come back, astericks it, and post, "This is a multiple choice typo. Feel free to choose if it I meant "humorous", or if I was pulling your leg and tried to type "humerus".

Chachacha wrote:This is only the first of many threads I will start to tell people what I expect of them.

Chachacha wrote:Controlling yourself is not required.

OlegTheBatty wrote:Phew! I was getting worried there for a moment.

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Chachacha on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Chachacha » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:34 am

Leto Atreides wrote:I was recently accused of being "one of those people who tries to be funny" every chance I get.

It's nice to have a place to try to make people smile a little, so thanks! This is a good call-for.

And it's nice to have a leader, ThreeChas, so be sure to tell me when I've messed up... or start a thread devoted to the subject of my lameness.

I think my eyes glazed over, and I was non-responsive for a while just absorbed in trying to answer the question appropriately.

Leto Atreides wrote:Ha!

I struggled for anything accurate, bt, and SS, the poop-deck gag occurred to me. But then she'd just ask what a poop deck is, why it has nothing to do with pooping, and then she'd walk around everywhere talking about going to the "toot-deck". Recently, the little sweety was told she couldn't attend a function the missus and I were off to, and she stamped her foot, "If you don't let me come, I'll toot on you!"

I'm enjoying her childishness while it lasts; in ten years she'll be complaining that I don't buy her a car. lol
Leto Atreides wrote:I like it in this here thread, I feel safe and relaxed. Might stay here forevaaaaahhhhhhh.

A favorite joke - I'm an old Deadhead:

How do you hide valuables from a Deadhead? ~ you hide them under the soap.

What does a Deadhead say when the pot wears off? ~"What is this horrible s**t we're listening to?"

:lol: *Sigh* I miss the Deadheads that came to a local bar on Sunday afternoons for a Dead Tribute Band: 2008 and they still looked like they did in the 60-70's, setting up their tables to sell bongs and papers and tie-died clothing, all of which were brought in VW vans.

The city decided it wanted the bar-restaurant, which was on city property, to "attract a better clientel". Heck, they had Stones Bands, Biker Weekends, and Dry T-Shirt Contests (family place), what better crowds could they attract? After the City closed the place and tore it down in preparation for the high-class restaurant of it's dreams, they discovered that the original gifted-property deed excluded commercial ventures, so the first restaurant had been built in violation of the deed. They probably could have left it open forever, but closing and tearing it down meant they cannot allow another restaurant to be built. It's stuff like this that makes people believe in the Americanized interpretation of Karma. :)

Welcome aboard, Matey! We are deciding if we will call this movement The Good Ship Humorous or Come On, Pull My Humerus.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Chachacha » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:47 am

JO 753 wrote:OK OK! Lets ee if I can get with the program here. Cha iz obviously commenting on Landrew, but that duznt mean shez not serious, so...

Good for you! If you doubted my seriousness, I would have to figure out how to post my picture of a squirrel in bondage gear with a whip.

JO 753 wrote:For my previous post, can 2 consecutive 'o'z count az boobz?

You could have, but I'm glad you didn't, see the next post.

JO 853 wrote:If not can I post Pandora links for credit? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXSvRlc2cGw

I had several reactions, one of which was, "She can't dance," which reminded me of me-dear-departed-brother's expression in similar situations, "I wouldn't care if she played the trumpet." By this, he meant that she could do anything, but to me, I always thought, "Wouldn't care" if she played the trumpet? I would think that playing a trumpet would be a good thing ... really, really strong tongue and lips. At least that's what women think about trumpet players. :) Okay ... SOME women. :P

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Chachacha » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:49 am

HghrSymmetry wrote:*smoochie*?

(tee-hee!)

:D Always, dear Hghr, always!

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Chachacha » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:52 am

ShadowSot wrote:HUMOR.

There y'are.

Excellent.

[*Checks off the "follows instructions well" and "finds creative ways to complete assignments" boxes.*]

Welcome, ShadowSot.

:)

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Chachacha » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:05 am

bigtim wrote:I want to see boobs in every post.... dammit!

Dammit, I knew I couldn't control this. :evil:

Okay, here ya go: ( O ) ( O )

And a bit of a shake: (((( ( O ) )))) ((((( ( O ) ))))

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:16 am

I think I can keep you and Tim happy in at least haf my posts, but suppoze everybody starts throwing in requirements!!!! Even if only the old timerz added 1 each, the homogineity woud reduce the forum to formula sitcom level.

Required content:
Jackie Chan taking a breif break during a fight, lifting his feet alternately and shaking them: "PHEEW! My feet are killing you!"

speed demin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:41 pm

JO 753 wrote:I think I can keep you and Tim happy in at least haf my posts, but suppoze everybody starts throwing in requirements!!!! Even if only the old timerz added 1 each, the homogineity woud reduce the forum to formula sitcom level.

Well, I could scuttle that by insisting that every post has to make sense. But I won't, because Pyrrho would get too lonely.

For Tim
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Chachacha » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:29 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
For Tim

Bless you, Oleg.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Chachacha » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:07 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
JO 753 wrote:I think I can keep you and Tim happy in at least haf my posts, but suppoze everybody starts throwing in requirements!!!! Even if only the old timerz added 1 each, the homogineity woud reduce the forum to formula sitcom level.

Well, I could scuttle that by insisting that every post has to make sense. But I won't, because Pyrrho would get too lonely.

But you CAN, don't you see? Start a thread! Post a post. So far we've added "boobs" and "humor" to the existing list of demands; a little "has to make sense" wouldn't hurt.

And don't worry about Pyrrho, he'll always have his work cut out for him here. Whatever they pay him, it's not enough.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:17 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:[For Tim

PYR JENEUS!

Leto Atreides
Poster

Postby Leto Atreides » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Here's a little poem about my feelings.
It doesn't have a meter and it doesn't rhyme, so why,
Why, you may ask quite reasonably

How do I rightly call it a poem?
Maybe it should be formed on the page in shapes,
with self-conscious lowercases
like cummings

did he really spell his name that way
now I can't stop laughing
so there's the humor i suppose

and here's the resolution to my poem.
*toot*

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Postby bigtim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:15 am

Leto Atreides wrote:Here's a little poem about my feelings.
It doesn't have a meter and it doesn't rhyme, so why,
Why, you may ask quite reasonably

How do I rightly call it a poem?
Maybe it should be formed on the page in shapes,
with self-conscious lowercases
like cummings

did he really spell his name that way
now I can't stop laughing
so there's the humor i suppose

and here's the resolution to my poem.
*toot*

Yes, yes, yes... but what I really want to know is does the Spice flow?
~

BigTim

Leto Atreides
Poster

Postby Leto Atreides » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:25 am

That is a concern of many within my Empire. Perhaps you have the eyes of the Ibad.

*throws a handful of sand in the air, the Fremen way of saying, "This hand holds no weapon."*

The Spice flows where my will allows.

*turns his massive sandworm body and squeezes off a ripe fart*

Ahhh... there's some now. Spice burritos for lunch today.

edited to add for those who never read Herbert's celebrated novels: I'm geeking it up sci-fi/fantasy-wise, it won't make sense to you. Barely makes any sense anyways.

numan
BANNED

Postby numan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Chachacha wrote: If you doubted my seriousness, I would have to figure out how to post my picture of a squirrel in bondage gear with a whip.

Too bad I can't post my own icons on this site; then I could really have some fun. However, if you click on the following link, you will get half of what you want. Now you just need to find an icon of a squirrel in bondage gear!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/ ... h_whip.gif

I like to use on an icon of a waving American flag, "pour épater les p'tits Américains!"
Neither man nor woman can be worth anything until they have discovered that they are fools. This is the first step toward becoming either estimable or agreeable---and until it is taken, there is no hope.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Chachacha » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:42 pm

numan wrote:
Chachacha wrote: If you doubted my seriousness, I would have to figure out how to post my picture of a squirrel in bondage gear with a whip.

Too bad I can't post my own icons on this site; then I could really have some fun. However, if you click on the following link, you will get half of what you want. Now you just need to find an icon of a squirrel in bondage gear!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/ ... h_whip.gif

Thank you, numan.

Return to “The Nexus”