Why an Air Force?

Introduce yourselves here, get to know everyone else. Kick back and relax.
landrew
Has More Than 7K Posts

Why an Air Force?

Postby landrew » Sat May 30, 2009 4:23 pm

The Navy has an air force and land forces, the Army has an air force and ships and the Marines have all that stuff too. the Coast Guard at least has some focus. Why not combine them all (nostalgic reasons aside) into a single Armed Forces like Canada?
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Why an Air Force?

Postby Gord » Sat May 30, 2009 8:06 pm

Wait, what? Canada's forces are combined into a single force now? :shock:

I knew they all drove to work in the same car, but I thought they still had separate offices.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

landrew
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby landrew » Sat May 30, 2009 8:09 pm

Gord wrote:Wait, what? Canada's forces are combined into a single force now? :shock:

I knew they all drove to work in the same car, but I thought they still had separate offices.

It's not like that any more, Gord. Nowadays they have bullets for their guns.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Sat May 30, 2009 8:23 pm

landrew wrote:
Gord wrote:Wait, what? Canada's forces are combined into a single force now? :shock:

They have guns now, too?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

landrew
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby landrew » Sat May 30, 2009 8:27 pm

Gord wrote:
landrew wrote:

They have guns now, too?

Yes! Since 1979!

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Sat May 30, 2009 11:50 pm

Why a Department of Defense when the Fourth Reich is defended by Homeland Security? The 2009 Homeland Security Budget is $44 billion while the much larger and more populous Russia has an entire 2009 defense budget of about $50 billion.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sun May 31, 2009 2:04 am

landrew wrote:
Gord wrote:
landrew wrote:

They have guns now, too?

Yes! Since 1979!

We even have a boat. Its over off the coast of Aden, catching Somali pirates and setting them free because they (our navy branch) has no jurisdiction to charge them with anything.
I don't know if the boat has guns on board, as they haven't shot anybody.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

vanderpoel
Perpetual Poster

Postby vanderpoel » Sun May 31, 2009 2:10 am

landrew wrote:The Navy has an air force and land forces, the Army has an air force and ships and the Marines have all that stuff too. the Coast Guard at least has some focus. Why not combine them all (nostalgic reasons aside) into a single Armed Forces like Canada?

Thatʻs simple: the US took one look at the Canadian model and split. :mrgreen:
"When you put a toucan on a monkey’s ass, don’t be fooled by the brightly colored plumage, beware of the enormous bill!"

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Postby brauneyz » Sun May 31, 2009 2:18 am

vanderpoel wrote:
landrew wrote:The Navy has an air force and land forces, the Army has an air force and ships and the Marines have all that stuff too. the Coast Guard at least has some focus. Why not combine them all (nostalgic reasons aside) into a single Armed Forces like Canada?

Is she the leggy blonde with awesome teeth and fake ... ?

Naw, never mind. That's the Brazilian. Damn, I feel so short and ordinary. :(

Anyway, have you ever known someone who graduated Annapolis or West Point? The USAF is a non-entity - good only for producing crazy civilian pilots. That's my bias and I'm sticking with it. :wink:
"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves." ~ Bertrand de Jouvenel

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Sun May 31, 2009 3:28 pm

Some people say that auto racing fans are looking to see someone killed in an accident. I covered auto races for the Messenger-Press and Arera Auto Racing News back in NJ for a couple of years, and will state flatly that racing fans root for their drivers and don't want to see anyone injured. I don't feel about the Blue Angels and their death machines, not that I would look out a window to see them.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Sun May 31, 2009 3:40 pm

brauneyz wrote:
vanderpoel wrote:

Didn't you know? Pamela Anderson was Canadian.
#ANDAMOVIE

landrew
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby landrew » Sun May 31, 2009 6:54 pm

Gord wrote:
brauneyz wrote:
vanderpoel wrote:

Didn't you know? Pamela Anderson was Canadian.

Hell, if she was supreme commander of the armed forces, I'd might consider enlisting.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:45 am

The logic for "doubling up" services has been heavily reviewed by the British who have recently combined regiments that have 500 years of history.

Like evolution, armed forces may maintain different groups that fill the same service using different techniques. In time of warfare a particular different technique may be more effective in dealing with a problem and this technique can be rapidly expanded.

USA Marines use different armoured personel carriers (APCs) and alight from their vehicles in different ways to regular army. In the middle east the marines method is more effective in some circumstances but not others. Germany at the start of WWII had small "rocket brigades" and by the end of the war 300,000 german troops were working with rockets as this arm expanded.

Another reason is simply the job is different and a different tool is required. The best way of seeing this is in aircraft. The navy wants to protect its fleet so it has low duration, very fast fighters with small anti-aircraft weapons. The Airforce wants long duration fighter bombers that carry a large load, the coast guard wants extreme duration aircraft with tons of electronics. The concept of a multi role fighter bomber is stupid and the USA is crazy for going this route. It reduces battlefield opportunity and option, limits tactics and allows the enemy to assess probable usage.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:43 am

Hillary Clinton has encouraged the Pakistani government to use various killer aircraft to implement her foreign policy, murdering and displacing a lot of civilians. We might want to call some of these weapons "Backfire Fighter Jets". If they enrage enough of the population the goverment may fall victim to Improvised Explosive Devices, in which case the Fourth Reich Foreign Legion may have a genuine problem with a nuclear-armed enemy.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:34 am

Tom-Palven wrote:Hillary Clinton has encouraged the Pakistani government to use various killer aircraft to implement her foreign policy, murdering and displacing a lot of civilians. We might want to call some of these weapons "Backfire Fighter Jets". If they enrage enough of the population the goverment may fall victim to Improvised Explosive Devices, in which case the Fourth Reich Foreign Legion may have a genuine problem with a nuclear-armed enemy.

I think the US is trying to force Pakistan into a civil war to achieve the following goals
1) An excuse for rescuing the nuclear triggers
2) Act as fly-paper by getting every terrorist to go to Pakistan and leave Afghanistan
3) Erode the donation base for islamic terrorists by moving the conflict into the donation bases "home ground".
4) Destroy the Pakistan Inter-Services-Intelligence directorate by forcing them to "slip up" exposing their support for terrorism while pretending to support the government.

If I'm right, I think the USA is doing the right thing although it is awful.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Skeptical Berserker

Postby bigtim » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:21 am

Tom-Palven wrote:...encouraged the Pakistani government to use various killer aircraft to implement her foreign policy...

Besides the fact that your rhetoric is obviously loaded... "killer" aircraft? WTH does that mean? By that definition all military aircraft are "killer" aircraft.... oh, and rifles are "killer" rifles... and tanks are "killer" tanks...

military hardware is designed for one purpose...

Matthew Ellard wrote:I think the US is trying to force Pakistan into a civil war to achieve the following goals
1) An excuse for rescuing the nuclear triggers
2) Act as fly-paper by getting every terrorist to go to Pakistan and leave Afghanistan
3) Erode the donation base for islamic terrorists by moving the conflict into the donation bases "home ground".
4) Destroy the Pakistan Inter-Services-Intelligence directorate by forcing them to "slip up" exposing their support for terrorism while pretending to support the government.

If I'm right, I think the USA is doing the right thing although it is awful.

Hmm.... yeah. Pakistan isn't all that stable, and exports terrorism on the sly; at least by allowing it to exist and foster, on the extreme by training, supporting and shipping it to India...

We'll see how this plays out. Would be nice if the Islamists would just stop blowing up folks though...
~
BigTim
"I'm not entirely convinced that ValHalla isn't real."

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:46 am

bigtim wrote: We'll see how this plays out. Would be nice if the Islamists would just stop blowing up folks though...

Well I think hindu, christian, islamic and buddhist people will stop blowing others up in the long run. Specifically, media exposure is now at saturation for suicide bombers.
Do you remember the buddhist monks who set fire to themselves in Vietnam, those photos went around the world. Nowdays, although a big suicide bomb gets exposure, we "sort of" pay no attention. If I were a terrorist organisation I would be reviewing other methods to gain attention....maybe back to the good old days of blowing up empty aircraft on tarmacs or kidnapping "capitalistic bankers" or ruining the next Olympic games by shooting a whole team......so many choices.....

If we are very lucky the next terrorist will follow the route of Ghandi and use peace as a weapon. Fingers crossed!

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:07 am

bigtim wrote:
We'll see how this plays out. Would be nice if the Islamists would just stop blowing up folks though..

Yes, it would be nice wouldn't it? I am sure that if someone cared enough and invited them to tea with cookies and asked them politely they would, don't you? :grin:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:24 am

Flash wrote:bigtim wrote:
We'll see how this plays out. Would be nice if the Islamists would just stop blowing up folks though..

Yes, it would be nice wouldn't it? I am sure that if someone cared enough and invited them to tea with cookies and asked them politely they would, don't you? :grin:

Crazy as that sounds that is exactly what is now happening with the USA field officers in Afghanistan. If you ask the tribal elder for tea then he must come and you can talk about issues. It certainly saves guess work. I was listening to a US field officer on the radio who tries to find common ground by talking about the story line from "Titanic" the movie. He now invites the tribal elder to watch movies with him.

The British put Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness ( IRA commanding officer) on a payroll to attend meetings. I saw photos of their Belfast office which had posters "How to rip off the dole from the Brits" which were paid for by Britain. That's the point you know the insurgency war is about to end. Martin McGuiness is now Nth Ireland minister for education and doing a very good job for both protestants and catholics....Britain may be able to leave Nth Ireland as it is safe so "both sides won"

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:10 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:If we are very lucky the next terrorist will follow the route of Ghandi and use peace as a weapon.

Peace terrorists. Hmm. "That guy's so peaceful, it's scary!" "Don't use the subway today, it's too peaceful!" "Watch out for huggers!"

Fingers crossed!

"Look out! He's got crossed fingers!"
"Look out, he's got a broken milk carton!"
#ANDAMOVIE

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life

Postby OlegTheBatty » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:If we are very lucky the next terrorist will follow the route of Ghandi and use peace as a weapon.

Peace terrorists. Hmm. "That guy's so peaceful, it's scary!" "Don't use the subway today, it's too peaceful!" "Watch out for huggers!"

Fingers crossed!

"Look out! He's got crossed fingers!"
"Look out, he's got a broken milk carton!"

If you wish to carry the Ghandi analogy to absurdity: "Look out, he's got a droopy diaper!"
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:21 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:If you wish to carry the Ghandi analogy to absurdity

Oh, but I doooooo!
#ANDAMOVIE

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life

Postby OlegTheBatty » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Gord wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:If you wish to carry the Ghandi analogy to absurdity

Oh, but I doooooo!

:mrgreen:

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Postby brauneyz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:35 pm

How many times must I remind you fellas that doody jokes have much more relevance in the Holocaust Deniers forum? Doody = attrition. Why, they're practically defunct now. :clap:
"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves." ~ Bertrand de Jouvenel

Zenskeptic
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Technocratic Prophet

Postby Zenskeptic » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:42 pm

brauneyz wrote:How many times must I remind you fellas that doody jokes have much more relevance in the Holocaust Deniers forum? Doody = attrition. Why, they're practically defunct now. :clap:

Doody most certainly is attrition.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Big Tim,
The Fourth Reich Foreign Legion has surveillance and cargo planes that are occasionally used for disaster relief. But yes, you are correct that most of them are fighter jets, bombers, and attack helicopters whose sole purpose is to kill people and destroy infrastructure. It is these aircraft that Hillary Clinton is encoraging the Pakistani government to use against its own people. To see how some Muslims view The Empire's efforts to spread democracy, check out Iran Air flight 655 and Operation Ajax.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Postby bigtim » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Tom-Palven wrote:Big Tim,
The Fourth Reich Foreign Legion has surveillance and cargo planes that are occasionally used for disaster relief. But yes, you are correct that most of them are fighter jets, bombers, and attack helicopters whose sole purpose is to kill people and destroy infrastructure. It is these aircraft that Hillary Clinton is encoraging the Pakistani government to use against its own people. To see how some Muslims view The Empire's efforts to spread democracy, check out Iran Air flight 655 and Operation Ajax.

I have an issue with your use of "The Fourth Reich Foreign Legion". What it does is pre-dispose your audience to know you have an extreme bias and take everything you say with a grain of salt, or dismiss it outright. Loaded language always taints the message.

Can you link to what you're talking about regarding HIlary Clinton?
~

BigTim

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Anyone who reads any opinions should consider the souce, but I'll add a disclaimer, anyway: The opinions provided by Tom are not neccessarily the opinions of Big Tim.
Hillary Clinton's efforts ((Obama's efforts, or bipartisan efforts, if you wish.) to get the Pakistani government to to erxpand their attacks deeper into remote villages is in the papers every day, and is the same crap that went on in Vietman, escalating, and spilling into neighboring countries.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Postby bigtim » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Tom-Palven wrote:Anyone who reads any opinions should consider the souce, but I'll add a disclaimer, anyway: The opinions provided by Tom are not neccessarily the opinions of Big Tim.
Hillary Clinton's efforts ((Obama's efforts, or bipartisan efforts, if you wish.) to get the Pakistani government to to erxpand their attacks deeper into remote villages is in the papers every day, and is the same crap that went on in Vietman, escalating, and spilling into neighboring countries.

Okay, so to narrow your point; you see the efforts of the US government to get the Pakistani government to take a more active and aggressive role in combating the terrorists groups within their own borders as similiar to Viet Nam. Is my understanding correct?

Do you see the entire endeavor to combat the terrorist groups as wrong/bad/folly?
~

BigTim

vanderpoel
Perpetual Poster

Postby vanderpoel » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Tom-Palven wrote:Anyone who reads any opinions should consider the souce, but I'll add a disclaimer, anyway: The opinions provided by Tom are not neccessarily the opinions of Big Tim.

Then letʻs treat the Taliban like Hau Hau villagers and put them in hamlets to protect them from Al Qaida and the Americans and have the Pakistanis bomb them instead.
"When you put a toucan on a monkey’s ass, don’t be fooled by the brightly colored plumage, beware of the enormous bill!"

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:58 pm

The 9/11 attackers were Saudis, but it would have been unseemly for The Empire to bomb its great ally, Saudi Arabia, where women cannot drive cars, etc. There was no "terorism" in Iraq (Where women could drive cars.)until The Foreign Legion "shocked and awed" it and killed Saddam Hussein, who was at least as much a benevolent leader as the Shah that The Empire imposed on Iran. Now The Empire thinks that bin Laden is in Pakistan which was relatively quiet after the ouster of Empire-supported dictator-puppet Gen. Mussharaf, and the Empire doesn't care how many innocent people it kills and how much infrastructure it destroys with it's killer drones and missiles, and it's encouragement of Pakistani government violence in it's Ahab-like quest for bin-Laden. If he moves to the Philippines, Malasia, or Indonesia, you can probably bet that people there are in line for shock and awe.

My use of the terms Fourth Reich and Imperial Stormtroopers are meant to be strongly descriptive connoting my pesonal feelings about The Empire, whether they are politcally correct or not. Yes, Tim, words can be loaded. Take John Kennedy's "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." Kennedy wasn't saying "Ask not what the purple mountains majesty or fruited plains can do for you.. He was talking about government. Suppose he had said "Ask not what your government can do for you, ask what you can do for your government', or perhaps, "Ask not what this metastasizing bureaucracy can do for you, ask what you can do for this metastasizing bureaucracy." The latter examjples would probably not have created quite the same feelings as the original. Central North America is a beautiful place with a lot of great folks, and I plan to stay here, but I've personally lost all warm fuzzy feeling for Big Uncle.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Postby bigtim » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Let's go into the facts

You talk about Iraq, that has nothing to do with Pakistan. Iraq is about Afghanistan and the Taliban who gave safe haven and aid to Al-Qaeda which is who carried out the attacks. 15 of the 19 attackers were Saudi citizens. The Saudi government had nothing to do with it, The Taliban, however, did.

Iraq, while it was executed in the guise of the 'war on terror' had nothing to do with that conflict. It was folly and a mistake to go into Iraq. It is not folly, nor mistake, to engage the forces in Afghanistan.

But, what Iraq did, and this may have been a benefit, was to create a battle-ground away from the US where the terror war could be fought. Iraq became the focal point of the groups that could have tried to take their aggression onto US soil instead of something softer, easier to get to, and closer to friends and allies... i.e. Iraq. Though, honestly, I think the same thing could have been accomplished within Afghanistan.

As to the Pakistan and the tribal areas completely outside of their control that is another issue entirely but cloaked in the same all-encompassing geo-politque rhetoric of the "War on Terror". What the US is trying to do now since it's a new government is get Pakistan to take on a bigger role in the fight and own up some of the groups they are fermenting within their own borders.

Is this Viet Nam played out? No, it's not. To claim such is ignorance IMO.

Is it right or wrong to get Pakistan to take a bigger role in this conflict? That's another question entirely; and one that brings into account personal philosophy in regards to what it means to us (collectively) to defend ourselves and if this fits into that or not.
~

BigTim

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:50 am

Tom-Palven wrote:Fourth Reich and Imperial Stormtroopers

Well, at least we're still on topic.

Wikipedia wrote:The organization and their tactics of "storm troops" and trench raiding parties were developed by Victor Odlum in the 1st Canadian division in 1915. The Canadian Corps later instructed officers of the French army in these new tactics. May 1915 was the same time as the Second Battle of Ypres - the first major impact made by Canada on the war. The Germans were so impressed by the Canadian resistance they referred to the Canadians as stormtroopers and then used the term for their own infiltration units. The tactics developed by the Germans both on the offense and defense in WWI are still in use today, in one form or another.

Victor Odlum, by the way, looks like he could have been the bastard child of Brian Mulroney and Adolf Hitler. :mrgreen:
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:23 am

Tom-Palven wrote:Some people say that auto racing fans are looking to see someone killed in an accident. I covered auto races for the Messenger-Press and Arera Auto Racing News back in NJ for a couple of years, and will state flatly that racing fans root for their drivers and don't want to see anyone injured. I don't feel about the Blue Angels and their death machines, not that I would look out a window to see them.

Because my father was in the airforce I have been to many airshows. You may remember the airshow in Germany where a low pass by two german aircraft over the crowd didn't go so well. The joke was......

Q: "What's the best thing about German airshow?"
A: "Audience participation"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramstein_airshow_disaster

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:49 am

Tim,
Correct me if I'm wrong. Big Uncle supported bin Laden and the Mujahadin in their fight against Russian domination. These are the same people now called Taliban. After the Mujahadin/Taliban victory Big Uncle imposed an English-speaking Vichy puppet and began a war on drugs, spraying poppy fields and wiping out a lot of farmers, creating resistance forces that Big Uncle and the US media call "insurgents".and "terrorists" who were called "freedom fighters " when battling the Russians. The answer? More stormtroopers, attack helicopters, etc. God forbid Yankees Go Home.

Gord,
Now we'll need passports to cross the Canadian and Mexican borders. France and Germany fought a lot of bloody wars and now if you drive between countries all you see are signs saying "Welcome to Germany" and "Welcome to France". The Empire is moving in the opposite direction of isolation, adding more brown shirts at the borders and concrete barriers in Washington, DC.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Tom-Palven wrote:Gord,
Now we'll need passports to cross the Canadian and Mexican borders.

Already do, as of June 1st.

Of course, the brown shirts have always had complete discretion when it came to that sort of thing. I was turned back from the US border on my last two attempts, back in the late 80s, because they didn't like the way I looked. One of them told me he had the authority to take me out into no-man's land and shoot me if he felt like it.

(Personally, I think that was just code for "I have a big gun and a small penis." :lol: )
#ANDAMOVIE

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Postby bigtim » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:55 pm

Tom-Palven wrote:Tim,
Correct me if I'm wrong. Big Uncle supported bin Laden and the Mujahadin in their fight against Russian domination. These are the same people now called Taliban. After the Mujahadin/Taliban victory Big Uncle imposed an English-speaking Vichy puppet and began a war on drugs, spraying poppy fields and wiping out a lot of farmers, creating resistance forces that Big Uncle and the US media call "insurgents".and "terrorists" who were called "freedom fighters " when battling the Russians. The answer? More stormtroopers, attack helicopters, etc. God forbid Yankees Go Home.

I can see that nothing I say matters so discussing this topic with you is pointless.
~

BigTim

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:19 pm

bigtim wrote:I can see that nothing I say matters so discussing this topic with you is pointless.

landrew! Get out of bigtim's account, right now! :mrgreen:
#ANDAMOVIE

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Postby brauneyz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Gord wrote:
bigtim wrote:I can see that nothing I say matters so discussing this topic with you is pointless.

landrew! Get out of bigtim's account, right now! :mrgreen:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Wait a second, Big Tim. Just let me waterboard myself with some of this here Big Uncle Kool Aid and I'll tell you why his involvement and escalation in Afghanistan and Vietnam were great humanitarian efforts right from the git go.
Ahhhhh, that's better. I recant. Big Uncle Loves Me, and I love Big Uncle. Afghans be damned! I say bring'em on!

Return to “The Nexus”