Nautilus: New Science Mag, Blog, Newsletter

What does make the world turn?
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Nautilus: New Science Mag, Blog, Newsletter

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:36 pm

NAUTILUS: SCIENCE CONNECTED

Nautilus is a different kind of science magazine. We deliver big-picture science by reporting on a single monthly topic from multiple perspectives. Read a new chapter in the story every Thursday.

Looks to be about 3 years old. good content on line for free. VERY readable. Check it out.... click around to find a topic of interest to yourself. Can't fail to be of interest.

http://nautil.us/issue/50/emergence/mon ... yndication

So much to read, so little time.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Re: Nautilus: New Science Mag, Blog, Newsletter

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:11 am

Indeed, it is good content. I just read Why Your Brain Hates Other People...and how to make it think differently.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:20 am

Thats on my list.......but actually........along with about all the others.

Just saw Twilight Zone last night where Burgess Meredith was last man on Earth with finally time to read all the great books of the world he had stacked in front of him........then he broke his glasses. He thought: "It's not fair."

................and indeed, it isn't.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:35 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Thats on my list.......but actually........along with about all the others.

Just saw Twilight Zone last night where Burgess Meredith was last man on Earth with finally time to read all the great books of the world he had stacked in front of him........then he broke his glasses. He thought: "It's not fair."

................and indeed, it isn't.

I remember that episode. Broke my heart.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “Science, Technology, and Mathematics”