Quantum Endocrinology

What does make the world turn?
Electro432

Quantum Endocrinology

Postby Electro432 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:00 pm

Quantum Endocrinology.... is there such a thing?

Has anyone heard of such a notion?

I tried to utube it on my so called smart tv and got nada!

I ask, as I believe there are five or six ways quantum computers can be harnessed to figure things out. However, I suspect the endocrine system is as unique as a finger print and therefore under certain conditions difficult to map.

Or should I set up a quantum bunkum site and make a bob or two? :roll:

Thoughts most appreciated
"One's eyes are what one is; one's mouth, what one becomes."
Galsworthy

"The idealist walks on tiptoe, the materialist on his heels."
Chazal

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Quantum Endocrinology

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Electro432 wrote:Quantum Endocrinology.... is there such a thing?

I think you are confusing the use of the term "half life" (drugs) by endocrinologists with the expression "half life" used in physics for decay. They are not the same.

Electro432

Postby Electro432 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:59 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Electro432 wrote:Quantum Endocrinology.... is there such a thing?

I think you are confusing the use of the term "half life" (drugs) by endocrinologists with the expression "half life" used in physics for decay. They are not the same.

Ok. Thanks for the heads up.

I shall check out what you've said, as with respect, I'm not at all secure as to what your reply concerns in relation to my question.

To be frank, I have only just got that Schrodigers' Cat can simultaneously be alive and dead in terms of ones and zeros. It reminds me of the simultaneity of Marcel Duchamp and his painting 'Nude Descending a Staircase'... where many possibilities of movement within time are represented at once through a 2D medium.
Galsworthy

Chazal

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:13 am

Electro432 wrote:To be frank, I have only just got that Schrodigers' Cat can simultaneously be alive and dead in terms of ones and zeros.
Please remember that Schrodinger's cat was used as an argument to show the extreme concept of decay and waveform collapse. It is not very useful as an example of normal quantum mechanics.

Electro432 wrote:It reminds me of the simultaneity of Marcel Duchamp and his painting 'Nude Descending a Staircase'... where many possibilities of movement within time are represented at once through a 2D medium.
That is one of the world's greatest artworks. Duchamp was a great artist.
Dynamism_of_a_Dog_on_a_Leash.jpg

Giacomo Balla / 1912 / Futurist Movement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Electro432

Postby Electro432 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:25 am

Please remember that Schrodinger's cat was used as an argument to show the extreme concept of decay and waveform collapse. It is not very useful as an example of normal quantum mechanics.

Something else to get my head around... :D

If you have a stronger analogy at beginner level then I'm all ears, as I've just managed to make my Dad proud of me! He recently had a severe accident and we were worried he might have lost his marbles, so amidst induced coma I told him I got the cat thing and he later, as he was coming round repeated what I said. It was one of those things, so I'm keen to keep him alert, as he is with fondness, my nemisis.

Electro432 wrote:It reminds me of the simultaneity of Marcel Duchamp and his painting 'Nude Descending a Staircase'... where many possibilities of movement within time are represented at once through a 2D medium.
That is one of the world's greatest artworks. Duchamp was a great artist.
Dynamism_of_a_Dog_on_a_Leash.jpg
Giacomo Balla / 1912 / Futurist Movement.[/quote]

He is the Dada of Futurism and thanks, I'd forgotton that painting.
Galsworthy

Chazal

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:41 am

Electro432 wrote: If you have a stronger analogy at beginner level then I'm all ears,
Try this book. I'm not being insulting. It is a sensible book and very cheap.
Quantum Mechanics for Dummies.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

Quantum Endocrinology is a course offered by the American School of Nedicine. No - no - that isn't a typo. It really is called Nedicine which, I suspect, may offer a good legal defence when being sued in a court of law (or maybe a court of naw?). I strongly suspect that it's complete and utter bollocks. And, as no one to date (at least, the last time I looked) has even proved a single quantum computer to be computing in a quantum manner, stringing six of 'em together probably won't improve things.
For those of you who want a giggle ...
http://nedicine.net/course/endocrinolog ... ynecology/

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:21 am

A quant is the smallest possible unit, which would make Quantum Endocrinology the study of the effects a single hormone molecule on a organism...
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:36 am

Poodle wrote:http://nedicine.net/course/endocrinology-and-gynecology/

"American Nedicine Licencing Board - Licencing Doctors of Nedicine in All States."

:lol:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:39 am

http://www.professionallicensingreport. ... -practice/

C. Hugh Johnson was arrested in March on suspicion of practicing medicine without a proper license, according to a report published in the Whidbey News. Johnson, who has a history of run-ins with the law, indeed does not have a license to practice medicine, but claims to have a “license” through a body called the “American Nedicine Licensing Board.”

Johnson, who was credentialed by Jackson’s “American Nedicine Licensing Board,” was charged with over 40 dozen felonies in the mid-nineties and spent four years in state prison.

Bwah ha ha ha ha!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyvlbPAxNmg
"Correct disturbances in the bio-cybernetic matrix."
"Online masters degree in nutrition."

:falloff:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutrition ... tionist.22

...in many countries and jurisdictions, the title "nutritionist" is not subject to professional regulation; any person may call themselves a nutrition expert even if they are wholly self-taught. In the United Kingdom, Australia, parts of Canada, and most US states, the term nutritionist is not legally protected, whereas the title of dietitian can be used only by those who have met specified professional requirements. One career counselor attempting to describe the difference between the two professions to Canadian students suggested "all dietitians are nutritionists, but not all nutritionists are dietitians."

The term nutritionist used to be associated with alternative medicine. Prominent examples include Gillian McKeith and Robert O. Young. However, there are a sufficiently large number of practising nutritionists without appropriate qualifications to be a potential danger to the general public. A demonstration of the ease in which it is possible to become an accredited nutritionist can be seen in Dr Ben Goldacre's successful application to have his dead cat Hettie accredited as a certified professional member of the American Association of Nutritional Consultants (the organisation by which Gillian McKeith is accredited)....
#ANDAMOVIE

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:18 pm

Poodle wrote:Quantum Endocrinology is a course offered by the American School of Nedicine. No - no - that isn't a typo. It really is called Nedicine which, I suspect, may offer a good legal defence when being sued in a court of law (or maybe a court of naw?). I strongly suspect that it's complete and utter bollocks. And, as no one to date (at least, the last time I looked) has even proved a single quantum computer to be computing in a quantum manner, stringing six of 'em together probably won't improve things.
For those of you who want a giggle ...
http://nedicine.net/course/endocrinolog ... ynecology/

OMG, check this one out:
Quantum Neuroscience / Quantum Cognitive Psychology
This course also focuses on biophysics. Topics include Newton’s laws of motion, momentum, energy and linear rotational acceleration. The fundamental laws and basic concepts of modern chemistry as applied to the structure and behavior of matter/energy are presented. Topics include measurements and dimensional analysis: atoms, subatomic particles, molecules and ions. The student will also learn about human energetic anatomy and physiology, electromagnetic waves in the human anatomy and the biochemical emission of light by living organisms.

The student will give a functional diagnosis on major conditions affecting the brain by using research, patient history, examination, and review of known data. The student is responsible for administering a treatment plan in informational medicine. The course is designed to give students a working knowledge of quantum nutrition. This course provides the student with the knowledge of how nutritional protocols can correct specific disorders of the body.

The student will learn to counteract nutritional deficiencies by utilizing nutrition to achieve optimal health. The student will learn the benefits of minerals, vitamins, enzymes, amino acids and other pertinent nutrients. This treatment plan allows the student to practice nutritional assessments and functional diagnosis to manage a variety of chronic health conditions. Course content emphasizes acute and chronic disorders, and enteral and parenteral nutrition using case studies. Students begin medical documentation practice using outpatient-based case studies.

Course Duration:12 Weeks :lol:
So, in a one-semester course, they plan to teach mechanical physics, biochemistry, particle physics, anatomy, physiology, neurology, nutrition, and psychology. Have I left anything out? :lol:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:02 pm

LunaNik wrote:Course Duration:12 Weeks :lol:
So, in a one-semester course, they plan to teach mechanical physics, biochemistry, particle physics, anatomy, physiology, neurology, nutrition, and psychology. Have I left anything out? :lol:

Numerology.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Applied Wishful Thinking.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Nedicine: aka: creating one's own vocabulary.

............................................. We all know what THAT means!
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Electro432

Postby Electro432 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Electro432 wrote: If you have a stronger analogy at beginner level then I'm all ears,
Try this book. I'm not being insulting. It is a sensible book and very cheap. Quantum Mechanics for Dummies.jpg

Haha no insult taken. If you consider this a credible source, free of bs then I see it as a fair share. I hope it's simple enough to explain to a child, as like that potential child, my imagination soars with the possibilities of quantumness. For example, at the moment I equate the quantum world to a magical world. This is purely because I don't understand the mechanics of the concepts involved. I can appreciate the notion of say, entanglement through a piece of art; now I need to know the HOW of what has been expressed.

WHY can wait until I've more time on my hands to contemplate my navel :D

Thanks
Galsworthy

Chazal

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Electro432 wrote:... For example, at the moment I equate the quantum world to a magical world. This is purely because I don't understand the mechanics of the concepts involved ...

Don't fret about it, Electro432 - you've just succinctly described the state of affairs with most humans. If what we think may be true of the quantum world is, in fact, anywhere near true, then the vast majority of the human race (including me) don't actually understand it. It's WEIRD.

Electro432

Postby Electro432 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:34 pm

Poodle wrote:
Electro432 wrote:... For example, at the moment I equate the quantum world to a magical world. This is purely because I don't understand the mechanics of the concepts involved ...

Don't fret about it, Electro432 - you've just succinctly described the state of affairs with most humans. If what we think may be true of the quantum world is, in fact, anywhere near true, then the vast majority of the human race (including me) don't actually understand it. It's WEIRD.

Weird, yes. In fact very weird that so many don't understand it. My conspiritard mind suspects a scam, haha, but I retain all levels of skepticism.

Analogy is a strong tool towards understanding the unseen phenomenon of physics, well at least in my experience it is.
Galsworthy

Chazal

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:35 pm

Electro432 wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Try this book. I'm not being insulting. It is a sensible book and very cheap. Quantum Mechanics for Dummies.jpg

Haha no insult taken. If you consider this a credible source, free of bs then I see it as a fair share. I hope it's simple enough to explain to a child, as like that potential child, my imagination soars with the possibilities of quantumness. For example, at the moment I equate the quantum world to a magical world. This is purely because I don't understand the mechanics of the concepts involved. I can appreciate the notion of say, entanglement through a piece of art; now I need to know the HOW of what has been expressed.

Thanks

I relate to your viewpoint. I've noticed that my WikiLoops consistently have six or fewer degrees of separations with some aspect of quantum physics, regardless of my starting point. For example...

nail polish--->ultraviolet--->electromagnetic radiation--->quantum electrodynamics :shockd:

What just happened? It's the Wikipedia Theory of Everything...lol. Let's try another one...

bacon--->sodium nitrate--->photography--->electrical charge--->photon--->wave-particle duality :shockd:
Coincidence? :blink:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:47 pm

Electro432 wrote: This is purely because I don't understand the mechanics of the concepts involved.

OK. That's fine. Science knows a lot about the product (results) of a quantum mechanical event but not a lot about about the actual mechanisms. It is the knowledge of the product (results) that has allowed for the last 100 years of technological advances, such as holograms, carbon dating, quantum secure communications and so on.

I don't think anyone expects an average human to be able to sit down and set out the mathematics that underlay the theory.
:D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:49 pm

Electro432 wrote:My conspiritard mind suspects a scam, haha, but I retain all levels of skepticism.
Well....as a general rule, someone has to control a scam. However, quantum mechanics is a constant universal phenomena that anyone can test and observe. (Simply looking at a rainbow)

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:51 am

LunaNik wrote:
Electro432 wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

Thanks

I relate to your viewpoint. I've noticed that my WikiLoops consistently have six or fewer degrees of separations with some aspect of quantum physics, regardless of my starting point. For example...

nail polish--->ultraviolet--->electromagnetic radiation--->quantum electrodynamics :shockd:

What just happened? It's the Wikipedia Theory of Everything...lol. Let's try another one...

bacon--->sodium nitrate--->photography--->electrical charge--->photon--->wave-particle duality :shockd:

"Perceptual reality compliments innumerable space time events"
Hi, Io the lurker.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:08 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
LunaNik wrote:I've noticed that my WikiLoops consistently have six or fewer degrees of separations with some aspect of quantum physics, regardless of my starting point. For example...

"Perceptual reality compliments innumerable space time events"

I don't even try to do it; I just end up there. (To be fair, I semi-engineered my two examples, although I was surprised I got there from "nail polish" in only three steps.)

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:55 am

Chopra would be proud of you! (Or sue you... :scratch:). But as they say, "Information transforms intrinsic bliss". :-P
Hi, Io the lurker.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:19 am

Good game ...
Bacon ... rasher ... madder ... Hello madder, hello faddah ... Sherman ... German ... Hun ... honey ... bee whatever you wanna be ... Wannabe ... Spice Girls (NO! - get away from this!) ... revert to honey ... honey. honey, honey ... money, money money ... it's a rich man's world.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to traverse from bull to Chopra in as few moves as possible (target number = 2).
OK - here's your starter ... Bull ... ... ... ... (your next move counts as 1).

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:57 am

... Crap ... Quantum Healing.

What did I win? :-P
Hi, Io the lurker.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:52 am

You've won the complete works of Deepak Chopra. Want it?

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:17 am

Somebody wayyyy up there is suffering from terminal buzzword.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Electro432

Postby Electro432 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Electro432 wrote:My conspiritard mind suspects a scam, haha, but I retain all levels of skepticism.
Well....as a general rule, someone has to control a scam. However, quantum mechanics is a constant universal phenomena that anyone can test and observe. (Simply looking at a rainbow)

That's a useful way of putting it. As it happens I had a chat with a visiting specialist who shared an out of print book concerning the neolithic and earth energies; it may also be a knee jerk to the debunked Chariots of the Gods... anyway... as I listened to the outline of the text I declared that quantum physics will explain it all! I got a shot of agreement and understanding from that individual and bewilderment from the rest of the staffroom. That's rare in my world- not the bewilderment as such, but the agreement.

Rainbows, well they are in constant transit, depending on your viewpoint :D
Galsworthy

Chazal

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:15 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Somebody wayyyy up there is suffering from terminal buzzword.

Terminal quantum buzzword.
#ANDAMOVIE

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:26 pm

Gord wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Somebody wayyyy up there is suffering from terminal buzzword.

Terminal quantum buzzword of the chakras.

Fixed.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:17 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gord wrote:

Terminal quantum buzzword of the chakras.

Fixed.

Quantum Chakras will be the title of my book, which we will all cooperatively ghost write and share in the profits. We'll make millions!!!

Return to “Science, Technology, and Mathematics”