Tesla Free Energy

What does make the world turn?
Lausten
Persistent Poster

Tesla Free Energy

Postby Lausten » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:34 pm

Who knows what's going on here?

I doubt the kid is trying to scam anyone, he just doesn't know what he's doing. I'm guessing this isn't scalable, that it's a neat trick for lighting up your kid brother, but no practical application.

But does anyone know? How much energy can you harvest out of thin air?

I made a crystal radio when I was a kid, but didn't know you could do anything with that other than pick up radio waves. He says something about getting "static" energy, but that seems to be where he is slipping into the lie.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Tesla Free Energy

Postby ElectricMonk » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:53 am

We'll, it's a different way to steal your neighbor's WiFi, to be sure...
"'I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I promise I won't do it again."
- Daddy Pig

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:08 am

I predict that he used a hidden battery.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:24 am

Ummmmm....

The suppression of free energy devices and technology by the energy industry and by the government is an established fact of our world.

*cough* Conspiracy website. *cough*
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:52 am

It's all true - the kid's wearing a white lab coat.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Postby ElectricMonk » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:00 am

Poodle wrote:It's all true - the kid's wearing a white lab coat.

lab coats don't lie.
"'I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I promise I won't do it again."
- Daddy Pig

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Postby Lausten » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:03 pm

I read the YouTube comments, something I've cut back on quite a bit. There were many, many "wow, you go kid" comments, quite a few "can I have the schematic", then a few "it's a crystal radio, you're all idiots".

I know you can run a radio just by using the power that comes from the radio waves, but how do you convert that to regular current to light up your brother? The no power radios I've seen use low power earphones. And I never tried one out in the country, far away from radio towers. So it seems like the kid has figured out how to get energy out of the air in places where there is already a lot of energy being generated. This doesn't help anyone really, but I just don't know the numbers, like, how much copper would you need to power anything worthwhile, like a refrigerator?
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Postby Lance Kennedy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:38 pm

I think you are being very naive, Lauston. He might be just a kid, but it is a swindle. If anyone could get the much energy from 'nothing', it would turn the whole world of science over on its ear. Any I have not seen even a hint of that in the several science mags I subscribe to. It is a trick to suck in the gullible.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:47 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote: It is a trick to suck in the gullible.

I hate it when that happens.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

11Turion

Postby 11Turion » Mon May 14, 2018 5:50 pm

I submit that just because you don't know how to do it or haven't seen it done doesn't mean it can't be done. I never cease to be amazed at the knowledge that our species has accumulated which has been lost, corrupted, hidden or destroyed in an attempt to keep us where those in power would rather we remain.

Converting ambient energy into electricity.
Check out the book: "22 Radio and Receiver Projects for the Evil Genius"
The circuit has been around for a REALLY LONG TIME.
I'd post the circuit here but I'm new, and not sure if that can be done or how.
It's not going to "power your house" but it will light up neon bulbs.

I built the circuit YEARS before it came out in this book, and it will easily light up a bunch of neon bulbs that use almost NOTHING with the addition of a small capacitor. And by the way, this has NOTHING to do with Tesla. Why is it that everyone out there who thinks they have something that works hangs Tesla's name on it?

I believe that free energy does exist. I believe that the first law of Conservation of Energy (not to be confused with the first law of thermodynamics, although they ARE closely related) isn't necessarily even violated. It states that: "The total amount of energy remains constant in an isolated system." Meaning you cannot ADD TO IT nor TAKE FROM IT. It IMPLIES that energy can neither be created nor destroyed (in an isolated system) but does NOT state that it cannot be created or destroyed, although that is what everyone assumes. But what if their assumptions are incorrect? What if you CAN create energy within an isolated system. What if all it took was an understanding of how electricity works and then practical application of things we already know how to do. At least ONE circuit I have worked with appears to prove that within an isolated system, energy CAN be created in a manner familiar to ALL of you. The problem with an "isolated system" is then getting the power OUT. You can't, not if the system is truly isolated. All you can do is USE the power in an isolated system to PRODUCE power in a SECOND circuit.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Postby Lance Kennedy » Sun May 20, 2018 9:14 pm

Turion

As in everything related to reality, as opposed to fantasy, it must be demonstrated. It has not been demonstrated. If it were, every newspaper and magazine, radio and TV program, and on line site would be screaming about it.

If a claim appears impossible and there is no empirical evidence, the rational thing is to treat it as probably wrong.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sun May 20, 2018 10:38 pm

11Turion, I suggest you do a rough calculation of the power available from radio signals in your immediate area, at which point you will find that even if you don't know how to do it or haven't seen it done makes no damn difference to the fact that you can't do it. Conversely, if it could be done, everyone walking through your local area at a steady pace will have their wrists fried.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun May 20, 2018 11:04 pm

11Turion wrote:I submit that just because you don't know how to do it or haven't seen it done doesn't mean it can't be done. I never cease to be amazed at the knowledge that our species has accumulated which has been lost, corrupted, hidden or destroyed in an attempt to keep us where those in power would rather we remain.

Could you favor us with any list at all of the knowledge that has been lost, corrupted, hidden or destroyed?

Ambient energy./// It wouldn't "be there" if somebody didn't do the work to put it there......except for solar, space radiation. Not the radio waves that power lightbulbs.

Earth is not a closed system.

Basics.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Mon May 21, 2018 1:56 am

11Turion wrote:Converting ambient energy into electricity.

You can convert radio transmissions into electricity, but it's not "free energy". The loss of power makes it extremely ineffecient.

https://phys.org/news/2011-08-rectenna- ... icity.html

https://itstillworks.com/make-electrici ... 19790.html

Doing so will block the radio waves further down the line, however:

http://www.dxradio-ffm.de/heiligenstock.htm (translated into english: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text= )

Resourceful allotment gardeners near the Heiligenstock used broadcast energy for other purposes: using their own garden fence as an antenna, they attached a copper wire to it and connected it to a pole of a light bulb socket. The other pole was grounded and the lamp was lit. In the evening they used it to light their gardens. Since this was so outrageous that the transmission energy was so much dampened that after a few kilometers a reception of the Heiligenstock transmitter was hardly possible, finally, a law was enacted that forbade such tinkering. (1)

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about. This might all be complete nonsense.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

landrew
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby landrew » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 pm

A local man got in trouble for illuminating a light bulb from a mattress of copper wire he had hidden in his wall. The power company successfully sued him, saying he was stealing power from their power lines.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Return to “Science, Technology, and Mathematics”