Omniverse
Poster

Re: Bedtime stories for Omniverse

Postby Omniverse » Fri May 12, 2017 6:19 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Omniverse wrote:No, I was referring to this when I said that:

MATT MSV's New Forest Sample for Zelda as sung by Omniverse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFxE4jC-v-c

Why do hang around children's forums, pretending to be a child, if you are 28 years old?

That is a different topic which is not relevant to this one. Instead, I will point this out and you can respond to it. It was from one of my recent previous posts:

I would like to say one last thing here in this post which is that the idea of the afterlife is so important to me since I want a personal private life all to myself where I can be happy all I want and get whatever I want. That is the only good thing in life to me. I don't care about the personal opinions of others who say that this is childish, I need to grow up, etc. We are talking about me as a human being here and if I am just biological material here for a short while only to forever decay when I die and not live on in an eternal blissful afterlife, then that is treating me like I am nothing more than a biological organism/machine or some sort of scrap material that will just break down, die, and decay one day.

That would be utterly insulting and degrading of me as a human being for such a treatment to be given to me. I just don't understand how nonbelievers think otherwise. Imagine how the Jews felt in regards to how Hitler treated them. I bet they felt quite insulted and degraded since they were being treated like nothing more than animals and torture devices. The same thing applies to me in a situation where death is final. If death really is final, then I would feel quite insulted and degraded as well since that is treating me like I am nothing more than something to be tossed and thrown away for good like a rotting and decaying piece of meat.

I will apply this concept to religious believers as well. If there is a God out there such as the God portrayed by fundamentalist Christianity, then that would be a far worse treatment of me. That would be treating me like a slave who is expected to serve and dedicate my life to God or burn forever in a lake of fire. It would be an even worse treatment than Hitler, in my opinion. But, at the same time, death being final is also a horrible, tragic, insulting, and degrading treatment as well for all the reasons I've just explained. Therefore, that only leaves one option by which I can be treated with dignity and respect.

That would be through the New Age spiritual view which advocates the idea that we are all loved by a God who will not condemn us, send us to hell, or have us simply rot and decay away to where we are nevermore. It is the one world religion that many people are uniting under. I don't have any religious beliefs. I don't believe in a God, an afterlife, and nor do I believe in the idea that once you die, that is it. Therefore, I just don't know what to expect when I die and I really hope it is the case that I do get to live on forever in the eternal blissful afterlife of my dreams.

But anyway, since this afterlife is so important to me, then it was important that I had this discussion to try and figure/sort things out here. At the same time, I do not wish to dedicate my life into this nde/paranormal research since I plan on dedicating my life to a different hobby. In other words, the afterlife is very important to me, but the research itself is not. Therefore, that is the reason why I was aiming for a different method to try and find out the truth besides painstaking and extensive research. I was trying to obtain the truth here through a discussion instead. But I see it's getting nowhere.
Last edited by Omniverse on Fri May 12, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri May 12, 2017 6:27 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Why do hang around children's forums, pretending to be a child, if you are 28 years old?

Omniverse wrote:[That is a different topic which is not ......
You said the paranormal NDE researchers were also trolling the children's Zelda forums, like you do. Do they also pretend to be children, like you do?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFmrzRUojS0

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Fri May 12, 2017 6:29 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Why do hang around children's forums, pretending to be a child, if you are 28 years old?

Omniverse wrote:[That is a different topic which is not ......
You said the paranormal NDE researchers were also trolling the children's Zelda forums, like you do. Do they also pretend to be children, like you do?

In terms of our personal conversation we are having now, I give up.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri May 12, 2017 6:32 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:You said the paranormal NDE researchers were also trolling the children's Zelda forums, like you do. Do they also pretend to be children, like you do?
Omniverse wrote:In terms of our personal conversation we are having now, I give up.
Have you started a thread on NDE's, on the Children's Zelda forum, to obtain the paranormal NDE researcher's attention?

When you were trolling here under the name King Narcissist, you pretended to be a 13 year old boy. Do you often pretend to be a young child when trolling children's forums?

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Setting the proper standard of evidence

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun May 14, 2017 10:03 am

Major Malfunction wrote:It's pretty easy to dismiss obvious BS.

I just thought of a late better reply. OK, I know it's a lame thing to do. I deserve all the groans...

"It's pretty easy to dismiss obvious BS... Here, hold my beer and watch this!

OK, give it back now."
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Wed May 17, 2017 6:10 am

Skeptics refuse to thoroughly and extensively investigate the nde/paranormal research while, at the same time, thoroughly investigating other areas of research. They are willing to thoroughly investigate areas of research they want to investigate in order to reach whatever conclusion it is they reach and, yet, they are unwilling to do the same when it comes to the nde/paranormal research. Why is this? How is it that skeptics are able to immediately conclude that the nde/paranormal research is woo without thorough investigation of this research, but don't have the same attitude of jumping to conclusions in regards to other areas of research?
Last edited by Omniverse on Wed May 17, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Wed May 17, 2017 7:29 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed May 17, 2017 7:34 am

Omniverse wrote:Skeptics refuse to thoroughly investigate the nde/paranormal research while, at the same time, thoroughly investigating other areas of research.
No. I linked you to five scientific experiments by scientists that explain exactly why people think they are having an NDE or OBE. You refused to read them.

When we asked you to link us to one paranormal researcher who researched NDEs, you couldn't find one example to link us to.

You were too busy pretending to be a child (you are an adult) and trawling children's video game forums. Why do you do that? (As if we need to ask) :D

Here is one of Matt MSV's music videos for the Zelda video game that he posted on children's video forums and asked for advice.

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Wed May 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Gord wrote:Image

A good example is Sean Carrol. He thinks the research is woo and said that he is not going to waste his life thoroughly and extensively investigating this research.
Last edited by Omniverse on Wed May 17, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Wed May 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Omniverse wrote:Skeptics refuse to thoroughly investigate the nde/paranormal research while, at the same time, thoroughly investigating other areas of research.
No. I linked you to five scientific experiments by scientists that explain exactly why people think they are having an NDE or OBE. You refused to read them.

When we asked you to link us to one paranormal researcher who researched NDEs, you couldn't find one example to link us to.

You were too busy pretending to be a child (you are an adult) and trawling children's video game forums. Why do you do that? (As if we need to ask) :D

Here is one of Matt MSV's music videos for the Zelda video game that he posted on children's video forums and asked for advice.

Yes, and one would need to thoroughly and extensively investigate both areas of research (i.e. the links you've put up as well as the nde research conducted by Sam Parnia and Pim van Lommel) before drawing any sort of conclusion.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed May 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Nope, the {!#%@} can be thrown out immediately.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed May 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Nope, the {!#%@} can be thrown out immediately.

Indeed - at least until it gets written up in one of the leading science publications.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed May 17, 2017 10:10 pm

TJrandom wrote:

Indeed - at least until it gets written up in one of the leading science publications.

...by people who at least know what "evidence" means.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed May 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Omniverse wrote: Yes, and one would need to thoroughly and extensively investigate .........
How about you "Piss off"

It is quite clear you are a pervert who trolls children's forums while pretending to to be a child yourself.

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Wed May 17, 2017 11:55 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Omniverse wrote: Yes, and one would need to thoroughly and extensively investigate .........
How about you "Piss off"

It is quite clear you are a pervert who trolls children's forums while pretending to to be a child yourself.

What was with the sudden change of tone? You usually have the smiley face. Also, what makes you think I am a pervert?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu May 18, 2017 12:16 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:How about you "Piss off" It is quite clear you are a pervert who trolls children's forums while pretending to to be a child yourself.
Omniverse, King Narcissist, MarkgaB5, Matt MVS7, Cobalt6, Miles Condell, Aphrodites Child and so on and so on..... wrote:What was with the sudden change of tone?
Go away.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu May 18, 2017 3:13 am

Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:Image

A good example is Sean Carrol. He thinks the research is woo and said that he is not going to waste his life thoroughly and extensively investigating this research.

http://skeptiko.com/sean-carroll-thinks ... gless-314/

Dr. Sean Carroll: There’s a lot of stuff that appears in peer-reviewed journals that is not right. As someone who’s refereeing for these journals and reading them, the standard for accepting some enormously dramatic overthrow of the laws of nature as we know them, is much higher than someone got an article in a peer-reviewed journal.

That's him basically saying, "With my experience of thoroughly and extensively investigating this kind of research, I know the standard for accepting some enormously dramatic overthrow of the laws of nature as we know them is much higher than 'someone got an article in a peer-reviewed journal'."
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Thu May 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
How about you "Piss off"

I do not actually troll. Just because I give the strong impression that I am trolling does not mean that I am actually trolling.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Thu May 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Gosh - is this still going on? I'm not actually asking that question, Omniverse - I'm just giving the strong impression.

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Thu May 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Poodle wrote:Gosh - is this still going on? I'm not actually asking that question, Omniverse - I'm just giving the strong impression.

My attitude when posting is not that of someone who wishes to troll. I am being serious when having these discussions and am not trying to give others a hard time or anything of the sort which is what a troll would do.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Thu May 18, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm prepared to believe that. Point me to one of your discussions (I trust you know what discussion means) and I will leap in with gay abandon.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu May 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Omniverse wrote:
Poodle wrote:Gosh - is this still going on? I'm not actually asking that question, Omniverse - I'm just giving the strong impression.

My attitude when posting is not that of someone who wishes to troll. I am being serious when having these discussions and am not trying to give others a hard time or anything of the sort which is what a troll would do.

So... you answer all questions, provide references to back up your assertions, etc.? Not that I have seen.

Only you know the tenor of your attitude and intent while posting, while we can only guess – gleeful abandon, sexual gratification, demented bully satisfaction, childish ignorance or immature playfulness. Just which is yours?

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu May 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Omniverse wrote:I do not actually troll. Just because I give the strong impression that I am trolling does not mean that I am actually trolling.

Omniverse wrote:My attitude when posting is not that of someone who wishes to troll. I am being serious when having these discussions and am not trying to give others a hard time or anything of the sort which is what a troll would do.

Damn, you are an idiot.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu May 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Omniverse wrote:I am being serious when having these discussions and am not trying to give others a hard time or anything of the sort which is what a troll would do.
You troll children's forums pretending to be a child. Your "serious" intent needs to be assessed by police, not us.

Go away.

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Fri May 19, 2017 12:27 am

TJrandom wrote:
Omniverse wrote:

So... you answer all questions, provide references to back up your assertions, etc.? Not that I have seen.

Only you know the tenor of your attitude and intent while posting, while we can only guess – gleeful abandon, sexual gratification, demented bully satisfaction, childish ignorance or immature playfulness. Just which is yours?

Childish ignorance.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri May 19, 2017 12:33 am

Omniverse, King Narcissist, MarkgaB5, Matt MVS7, Cobalt6, Miles Condell, Aphrodites Child and so on and so on..... wrote: Childish ignorance.

You were trolling children's forums and asking "if a nerd could strangle a bully with his legs" to offer them private demonstrations through private messages. You forgot that you also posted that here.

Go away.

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Fri May 19, 2017 12:41 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Omniverse, King Narcissist, MarkgaB5, Matt MVS7, Cobalt6, Miles Condell, Aphrodites Child and so on and so on..... wrote: Childish ignorance.

You were trolling children's forums and asking "if a nerd could strangle a bully with his legs" to offer them private demonstrations through private messages. You forgot that you also posted that here.

Go away.

But I'm not that same member or any of those other members you are mentioning.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri May 19, 2017 12:52 am

Omniverse wrote:But I'm not that same member or any of those other members you are mentioning.

Bull-shit. You were caught again only recently posting the same post as Omniverse here and as Matt MSV7 elsewhere.

You are a liar as well as someone who pretends to be a child on Children's forums. Are you denying you are Matt MSV who posted on the children's Zelda forums?

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Fri May 19, 2017 12:54 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Omniverse wrote:But I'm not that same member or any of those other members you are mentioning.

Bull-shit. You were caught again only recently posting the same post as Omniverse here and as Matt MSV7 elsewhere.

You are a liar as well as someone who pretends to be a child on Children's forums. Are you denying you are Matt MSV who posted on the children's Zelda forums?

Yes, I am the same as MattMVS7. But I am not the same as those other members you have mentioned.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri May 19, 2017 12:57 am

Omniverse wrote:Yes, I am the same as MattMVS7. But I am not the same as those other members you have mentioned.
Bull-shit.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri May 19, 2017 2:08 am

Poodle wrote:I'm prepared to believe that. Point me to one of your discussions (I trust you know what discussion means) and I will leap in with gay abandon.

Like ice cream in a Bill Nye video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46h-LfNWPn8
Orgy time!
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri May 19, 2017 3:39 am

Omniverse wrote:Yes, I am the same as MattMVS7.

You were trolling the children's Zelda forums for young children this morning.
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/h ... anz.59603/

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Fri May 19, 2017 5:13 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Omniverse wrote:Yes, I am the same as MattMVS7.

You were trolling the children's Zelda forums for young children this morning.
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/h ... anz.59603/

I wasn't trolling though. I was sharing a funny video I did in the proper section of that forum which would be the art section.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri May 19, 2017 5:45 am

Omniverse wrote: I wasn't trolling though.
Piss off you pervert. As soon as you got identified you sought relief trolling children's forums again.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Fri May 19, 2017 7:48 am

Omniverse - you have now outed yourself.
Seek help, immediately. It is obvious you need such help. Don't wait - don't read what the nasty skeptics say. Just get help. Go and speak with your doctor. NOW.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon May 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

Peer review.

I tell you what: If I ever had to face a jury of my peers, I'd be asking for a bunch of scientists and engineers. Not a dozen randoms off the street. That's what the law says, doesn't it? The right to a trial by a jury of peers?
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon May 22, 2017 2:53 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

Peer review.

I tell you what: If I ever had to face a jury of my peers, I'd be asking for a bunch of scientists and engineers. Not a dozen randoms off the street. That's what the law says, doesn't it? The right to a trial by a jury of peers?

Whenever I hear someone pre-judging other people as soon as they're arrested I tell them "I hope you're never in court with a capital charge and the case is being heard by a jury of YOUR peers."

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon May 22, 2017 2:59 pm

I'd ask you guys.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:I'd ask you guys.
I'd vote thumbs down just to see your face.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon May 22, 2017 3:21 pm

I'd murder your soul with my dagger eyes. Betrayer.

Return to “Skepticism and Critical Thinking”