How to become a 'true skeptic' in this forum?

How should we think about weird things?
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: How to become a 'true skeptic' in this forum?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:37 am

Time would be better spent shitting in your shoes.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:34 pm

I'd rather see it done accurately. That's video conferencing out, then.

Try this, salomed. Imagine the o in your forum name is solid black - all filled in. If you're sharp, you've already noticed that it isn't a true circle unless you're using a weird font, and it certainly isn't the finest of dots. Now, I've picked a point within the circumference of that shape and I want you to tell me exactly where it is and how you reached your conclusion, and than explain how I transmitted this information to you given nothing more than the o itself.

Off you go, then.

By the way, did you know that Elizabethan printers moistened the paper before taking a print? And that there would, therefore, have been a degree of bleeding (however small) when each individual print was made? You don't have that problem in the task I gave you, so you should be able to come straight back with my required solution.

salomed
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Postby salomed » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Poodle wrote:I'd rather see it done accurately. That's video conferencing out, then.

Not at all. Its very easy to do and see. Even seeing the right angled triangles is amazing. I didn't realise this at first, but they re astoundingly rare between punctuation on any page, finding so many on one page, wow.

By the way, did you know that Elizabethan printers moistened the paper before taking a print? And that there would, therefore, have been a degree of bleeding (however small) when each individual print was made? You don't have that problem in the task I gave you, so you should be able to come straight back with my required solution.

The fact that there is some penumbra of wetness adds to it to me.

I don't think they are there for the maths, they are there for the symbolism. It is a signpost.

Akin to: "Hey, if you can find this secret we have encoded in this, then you are ready to proceed."

It becomes more clear to me that thinking in terms of modern precision is inherently defeating, we need to think in terms of Elizabethan precision.

So let's assume that someone wanted to encode these constants in a page back then. What is the most precise they could have been? Even today, with pen and paper or PC and printer, what is the most accurate way one could encode using ratios? I cannot see it could be much, if any, more precise than the 2 or 3 decimal places we find on the Sonnet's page.

It is funny Poodle, because when you tried to do it weeks ago, as I showed in reply, if you had changed it by two pixels for Pi you would have got 3.14.

So if you are expecting 3.14159, you are expecting the impossible, then or now.

The constants are there to astounding degrees and you cannot define any conditions of acceptance that are more possible, can you?
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:09 pm

Microsoft Babble 6.0 is out?

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:34 pm

salomed wrote:... So if you are expecting 3.14159, you are expecting the impossible, then or now ...

Well done, salomed. It takes a brave person to admit error after such a long discussion. I think everyone on this forum should express their admiration for your honesty in finally admitting that pi is impossible to encode on that page.
Let's hear it for Good Ol' Sal.
Hip Hip ... ... ...

salomed
Frequent Poster

Postby salomed » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Poodle wrote:
salomed wrote:... So if you are expecting 3.14159, you are expecting the impossible, then or now ...

Well done, salomed. It takes a brave person to admit error after such a long discussion. I think everyone on this forum should express their admiration for your honesty in finally admitting that pi is impossible to encode on that page.
Let's hear it for Good Ol' Sal.
Hip Hip ... ... ...

Will you address my points or just evade like you always do?

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:48 pm

I think I have addressed every point you've made on the subject, salomed. I'm still awaiting responses to some of the points I made, but I'm used to that. I obviously cannot comment upon "The constants are there to astounding degrees and you cannot define any conditions of acceptance that are more possible, can you?" as I have constantly and repeatedly said that it simply isn't true and YOU are suffering from wishful thinking.

salomed
Frequent Poster

Postby salomed » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Poodle wrote:I think I have addressed every point you've made on the subject, salomed. I'm still awaiting responses to some of the points I made, but I'm used to that. I obviously cannot comment upon "The constants are there to astounding degrees and you cannot define any conditions of acceptance that are more possible, can you?" as I have constantly and repeatedly said that it simply isn't true and YOU are suffering from wishful thinking.

Let us start with something simple:

Do you think that there are five right angled triangles to be found between the full stops in the page?

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:02 pm

salomed wrote:
Poodle wrote:I think I have addressed every point you've made on the subject, salomed. I'm still awaiting responses to some of the points I made, but I'm used to that. I obviously cannot comment upon "The constants are there to astounding degrees and you cannot define any conditions of acceptance that are more possible, can you?" as I have constantly and repeatedly said that it simply isn't true and YOU are suffering from wishful thinking.

Do you think that there are five right angled triangles to be found between the full stops in the page?

Why don't you start with responding to what you've been asked to respond to? Because you're lying, that's why.

salomed
Frequent Poster

Postby salomed » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
salomed wrote:

Why don't you start with responding to what you've been asked to respond to? Because you're lying, that's why.

I am lost, what exactly is it you say I am not responding to?

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:07 pm

{!#%@} you, you little weasel.

salomed
Frequent Poster

Postby salomed » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:{!#%@} you, you little weasel.

"When you have no rcorse to an argument abuse the plaintiff" or whatever the pliny quote is.

So many angry old men here.

salomed
Frequent Poster

Postby salomed » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:08 pm

It is a fascinating example of how not to be when you have the luxury of hiding behind anonymity. I really enjoy it.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:01 pm

salomed wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:{!#%@} you, you little weasel.

"When you have no rcorse to an argument abuse the plaintiff" or whatever the pliny quote is.

So many angry old men here.

And you're stinkin' up the place. And it's "Pliny".

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:43 pm

I would appreciate a cessation of hostilities.

or

Settle down, children. I am in a mood for catharsis; don't be a target.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Pyrrho wrote:I would appreciate a cessation of hostilities.

or

Settle down, children. I am in a mood for catharsis; don't be a target.

How do you know about that tattoo? :shock:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Salomed is a non-stop liar

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:35 pm

salomed wrote:I challenge you: let us have a video confrence (conference), public, and I will demonstrate, using either pen and paper or computer images, that I have not lied and that these things are in the sonnets.

You can't stop lying can you? :lol:
1) The first Sonnets print run had a different bookseller "John Wright" and the punctuation was at different locations. Yet, magically, your hidden geographical shapes based on some of the same punctuation, didn't change, because you are simply lying.

2) Your method of dividing the measured length of lines between some punctuation marks while ignoring those that don't "work" can never represent an irrational numbers (mathematical constants) because irrational numbers cannot be calculated by simple division and you don't understand basic mathematics and are simply lying again.

3) π (Pi) is not 3.1 π (Pi) is the irrational number 3.14159265359......

4) You never overlayed your manipulated "William Aspley" JPEG image over the original "John Wright" Sonnets at the British Library and you both lied and forged documents claiming you did and that they were an exact match.

5) When skeptics pointed out that you simply ignored punctuation that didn't fit your ridiculous claim you fabricated a fraudulent Sonnets page that removed all the unused punctuation because you were lying.

I detail all your numerous lies and frauds in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=27941

Tags: "Alan Green" "2017 book" skeptic debunk "mathematical constants" Shakespeare

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:38 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Time would be better spent shitting in your shoes.

I approve of this message.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:43 pm

salomed wrote:It is a fascinating example of how not to be when you have the luxury of hiding behind anonymity......

This is true, too. But Gawd doesn't hide himself, really. He's put himself out there. He's an {!#%@}, no doubt, but I like him alright.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Evidence Salomed is lying

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:53 pm

Poodle wrote:Try this, salomed. Imagine the o in your forum name is solid black - all filled in.
The punctuation full stops are 1/130 the width of the printed sheet. As a line has two ends, all of Salomed's lines are out by (±) 1/65 and can never be accurate to two decimal points. Salomed ran away when I pointed that out. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:08 am

Pyrrho wrote:I would appreciate a cessation of hostilities.
Salomed was attempting to promote a book that comes out on this exact topic in mid 2017. That is where all his imagery is coming from. I'm assuming he is "doubling down", as his attempt at a viral campaign backfired badly. Salomed quickly dropped the second part of the claim, where the magical hidden lines prove John Dee is a time traveller who hid the modern google map reference number for the Giza pyramids in the 1609AD Sonnets.

"Coming in 2017...The Holy Trinity Solution / Book 2"
"This second book in this breakthrough series presents an astonishing sacred geometry code embedded in the title page of Shakespeare's Sonnets. The perfection of the hidden pattern reveals twelve of the most significant mathematical constants, all to at least three decimal places of accuracy! But Shakespeare (and Dee) don't stop there. They give us one more scientific conundrum to ponder. They've embedded the precise geographic coordinates of the Great Pyramid of Giza!
"
http://www.tobeornottobe.org/books

Forum Rules / Level 1 / Administrative action: Immediate, permanent ban
* Spamming, i.e. posting exclusively to advertise a product or services

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:17 am

Find the post in question and "report" it so I can review.

Having reviewed the content of this topic in general, I find that there are sufficient grounds for locking it.

Which I have done.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Return to “Skepticism and Critical Thinking”