...about this subforum...

How should we think about weird things?

Use it or lose it?

Yeah, go ahead, move the topics and turn this thing off to save carbon credits.
82%
No, please, please, please start moderating our posts and send our off-topic brilliance to oblivion at your whim.
18%

Total votes: 11

Pyrrho
Administrator

...about this subforum...

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:07 pm

What's it to be then, eh? It hasn't been set for true moderation for quite some time. I plan to move all the topics out to the Skepticism and Critical Thinking subforum and turn this subforum off.

That is, unless you all want me to play moderator and approve all your posts prior to their publication, which would result in delays of several hours at minimum.

Vote early, vote often.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: ...about this subforum...

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:14 pm

And thus the cover-up begins.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:51 pm

I can live without it.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:00 am

Pyrrho wrote:What's it to be then, eh? It hasn't been set for true moderation for quite some time. I plan to move all the topics out to the Skepticism and Critical Thinking subforum and turn this subforum off.

That is, unless you all want me to play moderator and approve all your posts prior to their publication, which would result in delays of several hours at minimum.

Vote early, vote often.

The way you worded the poll, it looks like you mean every post on the website. You actually meant every post in the Moderated Discussion subforum only, correct?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:17 am

Nah, he'd go censor only on neutrons who can't think outside the moderation box.
Lard, save me from your followers.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Monster wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:What's it to be then, eh? It hasn't been set for true moderation for quite some time. I plan to move all the topics out to the Skepticism and Critical Thinking subforum and turn this subforum off.

Vote early, vote often.

The way you worded the poll, it looks like you mean every post on the website. You actually meant every post in the Moderated Discussion subforum only, correct?

Yes.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Deep

Post by Scott Mayers » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:32 pm

I know, make EVERYONE a moderator! :)
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Pyrrho wrote:What's it to be then, eh?

Quote : "What's it to be then, eh?"
Author : Anthony Burgess
Novel : "A Clockwork Moderator"
Character : Pyrrho DeLarge

"Any his dystopian novel, Burgess introduces us to, evil though intelligent, Pyrrho, who together with his gang of "Mods" terrorises sweet innocent virginal skeptic members, through use of their odd language "Modsat" and "Skep-speak"
What's it goinf to be eh.jpg

(The actual quote, of course, is from "Clockwork Orange")
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:02 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Monster wrote:

Vote early, vote often.

Yes.

I'm ok with it either way. I voted for "keep the Moderated Discussion subforum" but I'm ok if it goes away.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:21 am

While we are shuffling forums... Should we do something about the MonsterTalk and Julia Sweeney forums since nobody uses them that way anymore?
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.