Don't feed the Trolls

How should we think about weird things?
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Don't feed the Trolls

Post by Gord » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:I'm suspicious all these people are Indians in remote areas of the UK.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:03 pm

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Poodle wrote:I'm a failure. I can't even show a stargazey pie image :cray:
The SELF has no image of itself.

Images of the imageless.

Be yourself, the real fictional character.

Who put the gaze in the gaze ...who who who? who lets the stars out who who...?

It wasn't you.

placid
Frequent Poster

Re: Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:35 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Why don't you ask to have your forum account closed, in respect to your fellow Advaita followers?
Can't be arsed. Nonduality has no followers.Only religions have followers.

Why don't you do it on my behalf, go and ask Phyrro if you think placid should be banned?

And then lets just wait and see what happens?

I don't see Gachchy following me around this forum..do you.

Not like your followers, you know, the heavy mob mentality.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:56 pm

You are delusional. There is no mob mentality here and if you ever say that again, we will grab you and tar and feather your ass.
trump is Putin's bitch

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:03 pm

placid wrote:... I don't see Gachchy following me around this forum..do you.
No - but I notice you tag along with Gachchy a lot of the time.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:36 pm

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:... I don't see Gachchy following me around this forum..do you.
No - but I notice you tag along with Gachchy a lot of the time.
Tag you-R IT

Tar baby.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:08 pm

Ever notice how long "don't feed the trolls" threads get?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 pm

I usually don't notice until after about 5 pages in
trump is Putin's bitch

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:02 pm

placid wrote:Your Racism is showing Matt.
I lived in Kerala. you idiot. In India. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Debunk Advaita Vedanta Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:08 pm

placid wrote:"Censorship can hide the truth. but it cannot make it disappear"

I'm counting on that. Enter "Debunk" and "Advaita" into your search engine. These forum threads are at the top of the list. Potential new followers of Advaita will see you, Confidencia and Gustaave making complete fools of yourselves and will see what a load of crap Advaita is.

You three have done more damage to Advaita's legacy, than any skeptic.
:D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:11 pm

placid wrote:Bye the way Matt...I deleted all my other posts because .....
....you claimed Adolf Hitler's execution of the Jews was an act of love, and then tried to hide what you wrote. :lol:

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
....you claimed Adolf Hitler's execution of the Jews was an act of love, and then tried to hide what you wrote. :lol:
No these are your unwanted rejected thoughts, not mine.

There is only love here

Unconditionally one..expressing itself as the many as and through the action figure, the vehicle for expression...love aka no thing aka everything aka no one...free to be.
Preferring one part of the dream over another is your suffering...identification with the name-tag is your suffering.

Love is not owned, is does not have a name.

Hate is separation where there is none.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:46 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:Your Racism is showing Matt.
I lived in Kerala. you idiot. In India. :lol:
Your suspicious of an idea that's all.

It's all in your head.

There is nothing suspicious out there in reality except your own generated thoughts that only you appear to believe in.

You have no idea of who or what you are...except ideas about what you believe and think you are....all make-belief.

Throwing rocks at space does not destroy the space, only the one who thinks he's separate from it.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:54 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
You three have done more damage to Advaita's legacy, than any skeptic.[/color] :D
Nope, not really, those with ears will hear, those with eyes will see.

Advaita is pointing to Nondual reality, a reality that does not leave a legacy or is a legacy.

Legacy is just a made up word..it doesn't exist in reality.

The only damage incurred is your rejection of your SELF.

No one else is doing that...only you.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:58 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Ever notice how long "don't feed the trolls" threads get?
Yeah, kind of funny how no one simply cannot stop minding it's own business.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:38 am

placid wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
No - you really did do that, placid. If the universe worked in the way you wish it did then I could ask you to clap the heels of your shoes together three times, saying: "Take me home to Aunt Em!" and you'd just disappear. But I can't do that, and nor can you deny the fact that you have been an apologist for Adolf Hitler. All of the people on this forum, with one or two outstanding exceptions, have a broad agreement on the ways of the universe. They agree that some great minds have worked extremely hard over centuries to bring about our general understanding of reality. Then you come along and, in your inimitable semi-literate way, tell us they were all wrong. Einstein missed it by a mile. Newton wouldn't know his head from his feet. Magellan sailed around on a duckpond. CERN is a big yoyo. The Moon is a lollipop in the sky invented by Galileo.
Your philosophy, in its entirety, is wishful thinking brought about by your abject inability to understand the laws of physics. And you communicate your non-understanding over the Internet using a technology which you claim isn't real. You have no consistency at all in any of your attitudes - you've contradicted yourself on this forum hundreds of times.
There are three possible explanations for your behaviour. I leave you to consider what they may be.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:49 am

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
No - you really did do that, placid. If the universe worked in the way you wish it did then I could ask you to clap the heels of your shoes together three times, saying: "Take me home to Aunt Em!" and you'd just disappear. But I can't do that, and nor can you deny the fact that you have been an apologist for Adolf Hitler. All of the people on this forum, with one or two outstanding exceptions, have a broad agreement on the ways of the universe. They agree that some great minds have worked extremely hard over centuries to bring about our general understanding of reality. Then you come along and, in your inimitable semi-literate way, tell us they were all wrong. Einstein missed it by a mile. Newton wouldn't know his head from his feet. Magellan sailed around on a duckpond. CERN is a big yoyo. The Moon is a lollipop in the sky invented by Galileo.
Your philosophy, in its entirety, is wishful thinking brought about by your abject inability to understand the laws of physics. And you communicate your non-understanding over the Internet using a technology which you claim isn't real. You have no consistency at all in any of your attitudes - you've contradicted yourself on this forum hundreds of times.
There are three possible explanations for your behaviour. I leave you to consider what they may be.
You have zero access to my Y's

these are Your thoughts not mine..you have no access to another consciousness .. for one very good reason, there isn't another one.

You seem un-able to swallow your own negative thoughts so you transfer them ..projectile vomiting all over yourself..

You have no understanding of nonduality...and so you will continue to attack yourself until you stop and realise what you are doing.

You appear to have no understanding of what the collapsing of the individual self means.

So be it, life has not evolved that in you yet.

And this pointing will not stop pointing that out to you.

You are just playing the endless game of transference.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:19 am

Poodle, I absolutely get it.

I aka consciousness made those posts. I aka consciousness said what I said. I aka consciousness deleted those posts. There is no doubt about that.

But only I know why I did that...only I know why I said everything that happens is an act of love...that is my translation no one else's.

We each have a God of our own understanding...

Only when there is the belief you exist, that is the separation artificially created...right there.

You do not need to believe you exist....You are without doubt or error.

When you claim to exist...you create a God in your own image in that moment...in that moment you divide what is not divided.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:32 am

Well, you can't beat an airhead because airheads have personal access to the BS store.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:44 am

Poodle wrote:Well, you can't beat an airhead because airheads have personal access to the BS store.
You cannot shoot at an airhead. It will go through one ear and out the other.

So stop doing it.

Oh, I forgot you can't because you like being an airhead, it's the only way you can exist.

Your turn....

I'm going to allow you to have the last word on this BS

Because you desire the centre stage, the centre stage you will have.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:28 am

@camerondclarke

I came to Oxford to learn how to make policies to help poor kids stay healthy.

My professor is trying to convince me that there’s no such thing as an objective reality.

I can’t wait to tell the kids- “Turns out high blood pressure is a figment of our collective imagination!”
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:30 am

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Now wait just one darn minute. Dean Martin clearly established that the moon is a big pizza pie. Since when did that change??
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:55 am

Vengeance is sweet and expensive

Even chimpanzees, infants want to punish antisocial behavior

Date: December 19, 2017

Source: Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences

Summary: Living together in communities requires mutual cooperation. To achieve this, we punish others when they are uncooperative. Scientists have discovered now that even six-year-old children feel the need to reprimand antisocial behavior, and that they are willing to take risks and make an effort to be present when the guilty one is punished.
When we see somebody suffering, we normally feel uneasy and want to help. However, this feeling can be reversed. When we know someone behaved in an antisocial manner, we can remain unsympathetic even though we know they are hurt. It is known from previous studies that we perceive the perpetrator's pain as a just punishment and a tool to penalise misbehaviour. Moreover, we feel a sense of spite when we witness the disciplinary measure.

Until now, not much was known about the evolutionary origin of this behaviour. Scientists from the department of social neuroscience at the Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences (MPI CBS) together with colleagues from the MPI for Evolutionary Anthropology (MPI EVA) explored the question at what age we develop the motivation to watch, from our perspective, a deserved punishment and if this feature also exists in our closest relatives -- chimpanzees.

To investigate children's behaviour the researchers used a puppet theatre in which two characters each behaved differently. There was a friendly character, who gave the children their favourite toy back, and an uncooperative one who kept the toy for themselves. Additionally, there was a puppet that played the punishing role and pretended to hit the other two with a stick. The young audience, aged four to six years, could decide if they wanted to watch the pretend hits by paying with a coin, or if they would prefer to exchange the coin for stickers.

In the case of the friendly puppet, the children largely refused to observe how it suffered. However, in the case of the antisocial puppet the six-year-old children's preference to reject the stickers and spend their coins witnessing the punishment was significant. They even experienced pleasure by watching him suffer, shown in their expressions. In contrast, the four- and five-year-old children did not show this behaviour.
Continues...
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
I can’t wait to tell the kids- “Turns out high blood pressure is a figment of our collective imagination!”
Turns out that if the ''high blood pressure'' actually belonged to a ''someone'' and they were the cause and controller of the ''high blood pressure''... then they would surely know it was going to be high before they even became aware it was high ...and would therefore be able to stop it from being high before it ever got high.

Knowing is one with the knowing, always in the present - life is one unitary action here now in this realtime alive moment.

Re-acting ..aka knowing you know there is ''high blood pressure'' is re-call, via memory...the memory of the Real -Self, the only one that is really available....The one without a second to re-act to just what happened to no one.

Do continue...

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:02 pm

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
trump is Putin's bitch

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:37 pm

placid wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:
Turns out that if the ''high blood pressure'' actually belonged to a ''someone'' and they were the cause and controller of the ''high blood pressure''... then they would surely know it was going to be high before they even became aware it was high ...and would therefore be able to stop it from being high before it ever got high.

Knowing is one with the knowing, always in the present - life is one unitary action here now in this realtime alive moment.

Re-acting ..aka knowing you know there is ''high blood pressure'' is re-call, via memory...the memory of the Real -Self, the only one that is really available....The one without a second to re-act to just what happened to no one.

Do continue...
This from someone who, only a couple of days ago, claimed to be virtually bedridden (please note that the record shows I didn't believe you). Poor thing - did you not surely know you were going to suffer in that way even before you became aware of the condition? So why didn't you do something about it so that the condition would magically not occur? Virtually every day, your own words expose your lies and BS. Good liars have to have phenomenal memories, placid - yours doesn't stretch for more than 24 hours.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:

Do continue...
This from someone who, only a couple of days ago, claimed to be virtually bedridden (please note that the record shows I didn't believe you). Poor thing - did you not surely know you were going to suffer in that way even before you became aware of the condition? So why didn't you do something about it so that the condition would magically not occur? Virtually every day, your own words expose your lies and BS. Good liars have to have phenomenal memories, placid - yours doesn't stretch for more than 24 hours.
So desperate.

The mind comes up with just about anything it can think of to take the attention away from the truth it cannot handle.

In deep dreamless all ideas about yourself are removed. Yet you are there, aka awareness.

This can also be done consciously during waking state, removes thoughts about yourself, and see what's left is pure emptiness aka awareness... rest there, it's beautiful.

Please stop attacking yourself...for this one here only exists in your believed thoughts about me, in your imagination ...your belief literally manifests it into existence.. :lol:

Pain is unavoidable, suffering is optional.
That which appears to physiologically suffer...NEVER suffered from it's physiological suffering....because it can endure anything...and is why death exists, it's a brief rest bite, a brief relief from the story of I exist...the forgetting of memory...If we forget to remember who we are, which is source and never have we been removed from source...if we forget that, then we'll suffer....physiologically.

Wait for the echo...yeah but, yeah but, yeah but.......bla bla bla

You are so predictable Poodle, it's pathetic.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:31 pm

How am I being predictable by referring to something YOU said? What IS predictable are your attempts to cover your frequent errors with fog. And we all know what happens when the fog technique fails, don't we?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:48 pm

Poodle wrote:How am I being predictable by referring to something YOU said? What IS predictable are your attempts to cover your frequent errors with fog. And we all know what happens when the fog technique fails, don't we?
What fog..I've already let it go....it's you that is holding on to it...it's all in your own mind...it's not in this one here.

Your thoughts about this one here is of a mind who's only interest is to be in conflict. You are only hurting yourself by hanging on to false beliefs that are not really there in reality.

You are drinking your own poison, and then expecting the other person to die.

RIP..yourself, No one else can do that for you.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Poodle wrote:How am I being predictable by referring to something YOU said? What IS predictable are your attempts to cover your frequent errors with fog. And we all know what happens when the fog technique fails, don't we?
Life is happening in realtime one without a second, going live right now in constant flux.

Who is this ''other one'' that is going to go back and stop the rivers of time to alter/attempt to cover up what has already happened into what has not happened...?

Do you even know what you are talking about. Who is this ''other one'' that can do that?

Your posts are full of self loathing.

All water off a ducks back to this one here.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:13 pm

If it ducks like a quack...
trump is Putin's bitch

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:16 pm

Placid, this is your teacher. You aren't being contradictory enough. Plus, your thoughts are those of a stoned 15 year old. Try harder.
trump is Putin's bitch

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:16 pm

Poodle wrote:How am I being predictable by referring to something YOU said?
Art is natural..nature is artificial..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI6vyI8vJlc

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Try again
trump is Putin's bitch

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:24 pm

placid wrote:I do not exist
placid wrote:All water off a ducks back to this one here.
You don't exist remember? :lol:

(Placid is mad as a hatter)

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:51 am

placid wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:I can’t wait to tell the kids- “Turns out high blood pressure is a figment of our collective imagination!”

Do continue...
Some people just shouldn't get high.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:46 am

placid wrote:Stop looking in your text books and think for yourself.
Do you mean these text books from real Advaita teachers and "required reading" by dead Advaita gurus? :lol:
Advaita books.jpg
Advaita books 3.jpg
Advaita books 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:34 am

Gord wrote:
placid wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:I can’t wait to tell the kids- “Turns out high blood pressure is a figment of our collective imagination!”

Do continue...
Some people just shouldn't get high.
My friend was high and one day and he heard ringing so he answered the door and no one was there but it turns out it was his pizza going off in the oven so he runs to his microwave because he thought it was in there but it wasn't meanwhile his doorbell actually starts ringing and it was me at the door so he lets me in and we got to talking and then we smoked a bowl and got to talking again and long story short we ate burned pizza.
trump is Putin's bitch

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:01 am

I hate to tell you this, man, but that burned pizza was the moon, man.