Where is your body?

How should we think about weird things?
User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Where is your body?

Postby mirror93 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:00 pm

If you can only perceive objects around you then where is your body located?

B
Last edited by mirror93 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 7973
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Where are your body?

Postby Aztexan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:14 pm

I are right here
{!#%@} trump!

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Where are your body?

Postby mirror93 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:11 pm

:roll:
Last edited by mirror93 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3279
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Re: Where are your body?

Postby ElectricMonk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Sorry, but I won't tell you where the bodies are;
Cops might be reading this thread.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19757
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Where are your body?

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:37 pm

I am antibodies.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19757
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Where are your body?

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:39 pm

(unless they're in a roaster...)
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Where are your body?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:06 pm

mirror93 wrote:I can't see my body,

You should go to the doctor and tell him/her your problem.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Where are your body?

Postby mirror93 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
mirror93 wrote:I can't see my body,

You should go to the doctor and tell him/her your problem.


is there a doctor outside of me?
Last edited by mirror93 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Where are your body?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:You should go to the doctor and tell him/her your problem.


mirror93 wrote:how can a doctor discover my problem if he is appearing inside Me/Consciousness perception?
The doctor isn't just part of your perception. The doctor is physically there otherwise how would he write his clinical notes on your case to refer you to a psychiatrist?

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Where are your body?

Postby mirror93 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:You should go to the doctor and tell him/her your problem.


mirror93 wrote:how can a doctor discover my problem if he is appearing inside Me/Consciousness perception?
The doctor isn't just part of your perception. The doctor is physically there otherwise how would he write his clinical notes on your case to refer you to a psychiatrist?


Ok, how can you prove that I am a person and not an alien
Last edited by mirror93 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 10319
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am
Contact:

Re: Where are your body?

Postby Pyrrho » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Don't pay your doctor bill and you'll become real enough for government purposes.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Where are your body?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:05 pm

mirror93 wrote: Ok, how can you prove that I am a person talking to you now and that I have thoughts??

Firstly, I simply accept that you are another person in my day to day activities, as to question repetitive normal known activities would be too time consuming and serve no point.

If you are suggesting you are something else, then hurry up and say what that is. I'm not here for a guessing contest.

If you can't set out your alternative hypothesis, then it is a waste of time for me to bother considering experiments to debunk a nonexistent hypothesis.

Do you have an alternative scientific hypothesis to offer us or not?

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Where are your body?

Postby mirror93 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:40 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
mirror93 wrote: Ok, how can you prove that I am a person talking to you now and that I have thoughts??

Firstly, I simply accept that you are another person in my day to day activities, as to question repetitive normal known activities would be too time consuming and serve no point.

If you are suggesting you are something else, then hurry up and say what that is. I'm not here for a guessing contest.

If you can't set out your alternative hypothesis, then it is a waste of time for me to bother considering experiments to debunk a nonexistent hypothesis.

Do you have an alternative scientific hypothesis to offer us or not?


Actually no, you're right

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 7973
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Where are your body?

Postby Aztexan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:32 am

4r3 y0u A bo+?
{!#%@} trump!

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Where are your body?

Postby mirror93 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:37 pm

I'm crazy

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 972
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Where are your body?

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:47 pm

A advocate for the devil, if you know what I mean.

User avatar
Phoenix76
Poster
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:16 am
Custom Title: Phoenix76
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Where are your body?

Postby Phoenix76 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:31 am

Crikey Mirror, your're having a great night.

Where "ARE" your body?

I have no idea. But I know here "IS" my body.

Right here, sitting on my chair in front of my computer answering your stupid posts. Come on mate, at least get you grammar correct.

Flosse
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:11 am

Re: Where are your body?

Postby Flosse » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:33 pm

I would say that you misspelled where IS your body or where are your BODIES?!
as for answering the question: I guess in a particle of time, passing through it.

User avatar
Monster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4998
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Where are your body?

Postby Monster » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:06 pm

There is that in the universe which is not me. I am what's left.

Is that deep or what?

(Hint: It's not deep.)
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Where are your body?

Postby mirror93 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Flosse wrote:I would say that you misspelled where IS your body or where are your BODIES?!
as for answering the question: I guess in a particle of time, passing through it.


particle of time? huh???

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29430
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Where is your body?

Postby Gord » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:34 am

My body lies over the ocean,
My body lies over the sea,
My body lies over the ocean,
Oh bring back my body to me. [/singing]
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10521
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Where is your body?

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:45 am

Why? It lies.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Io
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Where is your body?

Postby Io » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:14 am

mirror93 wrote:If you can only perceive objects around you then where is your body located?


Here.


I'm assuming the question is hypothetical since you don't only perceive objects around yourself. You can also perceive yourself, and if you don't, seek help.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Where is your body?

Postby mirror93 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:08 am

Io wrote:
mirror93 wrote:If you can only perceive objects around you then where is your body located?


Here.


I'm assuming the question is hypothetical since you don't only perceive objects around yourself. You can also perceive yourself, and if you don't, seek help.


actually this wasn't serious, it was just to troll the topic made by 'thebrendanlea' - "Where are you?"


But when you are perceiving objects, the perceiver(you) is not perceiving yourself, because you are perceiving the 'external', the one perceiving is you therefore you cannot perceive yourself in this moment, lol


Return to “Skepticism and Critical Thinking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests